Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Greece staging was so overhyped that it left me disappointed. It was nice but nothing special
True. Sometimes I wonder what these ESC bloggers are seeing. i should stop watching their rehearsal footage (talking about WWB)

crashworld

Veteran
First Half: Switzerland, Armenia, Norway, Portugal, Ukraine, Netherlands
Second Half: Iceland, Lithuania, Greece, Moldova

Last edited:

goncalovieira

Greece is always so lucky about their position in the halves... jesus.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
These results were fabulous. Well, ok.. all the songs I did loathe managed to advance but then the only three I cared about :pt: :lt: & :ua: all made it 🥳 That means it's already a better final than 2021 where I loved just two songs competing in it 🙌 Hoooraaay!

I've found it hard to feel the Eurovision spirit within me this year. It just hasn't been there. The hype didn't exist. Maro, Monika and the moving Kalush Orchestra tonight reminded me what I love about the contest. Three performances that were gorgeous, dazzling, touching. So pleased we get to experience them again on Saturday.

Ausesken

¿Quién puede saber? In the end we are just making assumptions. Do we want to make a bet? 😆 Always if you trust Italian men, of course 😏
As long as we’re not betting money...I’ve never won anything in the lottery, and Eurovision is kinda a lottery as well (for me)

midnightsun

Veteran
Résumé Semi-Final 1

As opposed to the common claim of a terrible stage due to the 'broken sun' I think the stage was beautiful and probably the best part of the evening. I enjoyed the visuals, sometimes a bit too much colour and too many lights, but overall well done!

The TV hosts were solid and the postcards showed us some beautiful spots, they were lovely (minus the cheap drone animation).

The opening and intervall acts were awesome, most of all Diodato of course, he would have won this Eurovision in a landslide.

What I didn’t like was the camera and sound work, both very unprofessional. The songs all didn’t sound too well and sometimes I didn’t understand the lyrics because the background was much louder than the voice. Also the recaps were pretty badly done.

Overall it was quite a good semifinal.

The songs!

Right after Switzerland performed I wrote in this thread that it will qualify. It felt like a qualifier to me and I don’t think that it went through solely because of the juries.

I think it qualifies for the same reason Albania and Austria did not qualify (I already predicted this weeks ago) but Iceland and Portugal did: in times of war people might want something soft, something quiet and calm, not very loud aggressive in your face screaming. Apart from the fact both had the weakest vocals of the evening, I felt a lot of second hand embarrassment. Albania was far too vulgar for my taste and Pia screaming after her mediocre performance wasn’t for me.

I am sad Latvia didn’t qualify but their performance was probably over the top too. I really enjoyed it but it was too quirky, too many bold colours, you couldn’t really understand the lyrics… I can say why it didn’t qualify.

One of the worst performances of the evening to me was Greece. This is so lacklustre and the vocoder at the beginning puts me off every time. Half the time it happens nothing on stage other than Amanda walking, singing and looking like a sleeping pill. I am also still put off by the lyrics. "Die together“ is nothing you would sing about in these times of war.

Many of you will say it’s a snoozefest but maybe people want it that way because they have enough noise in this world right now.

I was worried about The Netherlands because at the beginning she was clearly nervous, later then emotional. I thought she was doing a Blanche but it was ok. I‘m just glad she was through! She was the favourite of all my family members tonight, who haven’t watched any of the songs before. By the way: the other songs all of them had on their list of favourites were Switzerland (!) and Ukraine.

crashworld

Veteran
First Half: Switzerland, Armenia, Norway, Portugal, Ukraine, Netherlands
Second Half: Iceland, Lithuania, Greece, Moldova

With that,
First Half: Switzerland, Armenia, Norway, Portugal, Ukraine, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Italy and France
Second Half: Iceland, Lithuania, Greece, Moldova and United Kingdom

Ezio

Veteran
My ranking of tonight:

1st Diodato
2nd Portugal
3rd Iceland
4th Greece
5th Croatia
6th Latvia
7th Lithuania
8th Moldova
9th Switzerland
10th Bulgaria
11th Armenia
12th Netherlands
13th Norway
14th Slovena
15th Denmark
16th Albania

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
All of semi 2 breathing a sight of relief that there is a whole load of second half slots left available. :lol:

Ezio

Veteran
I CAN'T believe S10 was able to pick one of the few first half spots left
Pretty sure she wont be put 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th

theditz83

Veteran
There are more then enough uptempo songs this year. Spain, France, UK, Norway, Moldova.

What :uk: entry are you listening to exactly xthink :lol:

I'm glad that at least there isn't a train-wreck of posts slagging off Pia Maria's vocals - I mean how could anyone sit and continue to bash them when we had to sit through whatever the heck :nl: and :ch: did tonight? Painful...

Also, Pia's reaction after performing was just pure joy - so adorable. I hope that she has been able to enjoy her Eurovision experience. xlove

Anyone else get a little uncomfortable watching the :lt: performance as well? About 2 minutes in she looks so uneasy and a bit lost on that stage. xthink

Top Bottom