Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
I am happy about most of the qualifiers, especially happily surprised Iceland and Lithuania made it (I like both of them but was a bit worried they wouldn't qualify).

Switzerland feels like such a cliched jury save, I don't find the appeal in that generic sleeping pill at all plus he didn't even sing very well which is normally the juries "motivation" for bringing such entries forward.

I would have also preferred not to see that generic Greek entry make it, but I expected it to so no surprise.

Sad for Albania and Austria that I much prefer over Switzerland and Greece but oh well, still happy that my top 4 from the semi made it so that's what matters: Ukraine, Netherlands, Portugal and Iceland xcheer

All in all I got 8/10 through which is a good start :)

MAD20

Well kind of expected results. Super happy for Iceland and Portugal but sad for Albania and Austria... They should have been in Switzerland and Moldova place instead.

Another big surprise of the night for me was Croatia, but it was clear it was either Armenia or them.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I reckon the entire jury top 10 qualified but with Moldova (televote qualifier) instead of Denmark. Would not be surprised if Albania, Latvia, and Austria were all televote qualifiers who got blanked by juries. We will wait and see.

Albanias snippet was a tragic choice which I don't think helped. Austria was for sure killed by the juries, the audience were so engaged with that.

jatojo

Although we haven't seen the results, I believe that Switzerland and Iceland went through because of the juries. Denmark and Croatia probably didn't have as much support there.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Enjoyed semi 1 from Torino tonight! :cool:

The production was ok, not the best I have seen but neither the worst. The hosts were kinda average but ok, but I really liked the stage. I did enjoy the 'Italo Disco / Dance' interval act, very cool!

Congrats to all finalists! Very pleased that :no: Norway made it to the final, very deserved imo. Congrats Subwoolfer! The Norwegian entry is, to many people's surprise, a quality Daft Punk-ish professional and fun Electro-pop entry and stage show cleverly disguised in its originality and execution (with the wolf masks and dancing) as a joke entry.

My other favourites tonight besides :no: were :am::at::al: Disappointed that some of these did not make the final.

No surprise that :ua::gr: made the final, they have been among the favourites from the start. Biggest surprise? I did not guess :ch: would make it, neither :lt: . And I did think :dk: might do so since they often are in the final. Many ballads made it to the final, I wonder how much the juries influenced the results.

Looking forward to semi 2 on Thursday! xup

0scar

oh can I say that the production of this semi final was... something.
The interval clips were cringey, the hosts were awkward (but they always are), the postcards show us beautiful locations but with stockphotos of the artist photoshopped in them, and loads and loads of weird shots of the arena, the audience being too brightly lid that it looked plain ugly on screen, the green room being too dark that it looks like there is just another big black hole

The interval acts were really cool though!!!

looking forward to semi 2 and the grand final and hopefully they can step up their game because I know Italy is capable of giving us an amazing show

Sad for Croatia, but happy for Iceland

Surprice with Switzerland, but jury have probably helped them. Lithuania have probably get a lot of points from Latvia, Norway, Iceland, Denmark and perhaps some country like Moldova, Armenia and The Netherlands?

Albania, Latvia and Austria probably lost to jury or that people vote for Moldova, Norway and Ukraine.

Going to love to see full result. Surprice to see 0 country from Balkan to final if you not count Greece or Moldova

Actually the ONLY Balkan countries in this semi except Albania were exactly Greece and Moldova. Greece is in the Balkans even more than Moldova 🤣 Geography for dummies 2.0 🤣

Kaz

This is scary. I fear for all the uptempos in SF2. Imagine them being blanked out in SF1.
I have a feeling we are in for a shock on Thursday.

Can you imagine this edition being a Eurovision Ballad Contest?
It really does feel like borderline qualifiers need that jury support. Like I feel more confident for Belgium and Montenegro but now I fear for Ireland and San Marino

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
tbh this semi was insanely week, which I think benefited some countries and by them qualifiers i'll subscribe to the idea that the juries got their way more than the televote. Switzerland especially screams jury hype tbh.

I personally have just lost 2 of my top 2 as you can see by my signature. It was nice to see Iceland come through, such a lowkey nice little song I'm happy for them.

PhilD18

It’s amazing how music can have completely different effects on people. I guess it’s what makes Eurovision so interesting.

I mean, Iceland did nothing for me. I thought Lithuania’s staging was terrible and the song fairly weak. However, I found myself really enjoying Denmark and Austria. I also thought Moldova were fantastic and fully deserved. Yet I’m sure there are people who will disagree with everything I’ve said.

Either way, it’s going to be a very interesting final with some definite Top 10 shocks. I’m throwing Moldova in there after that. 👍

Preuss

Uptempo songs will make the finals if the quality’s there… it was not the case for this semi

Top Bottom