Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:ee: Ohh this doesn't look great unfortunately. I feel bad for the guy as the dead black sun clearly wasn't part of his performance plans. It will obviously all come more alive with an audience, but visually speaking this is near the bottom of the barrel. SOS for Estonia.

:ro: Super dooper kitsch. I think it's cute and full of charm, but I worry this might be too dated a performance to advance. It feels very much like late 00s ESC. Staging though looks pretty nice. They appear to have done the best they could have adjusting the visuals.

:pl: ⬇️ Extra exclusive footage from the rehearsal

Gosh, what have they done!? On the one hand I'm delighted as this looks like it's going to be crazy, an event to witness. On the other I don't think they've done themselves any jury favours here. I like the concept but it feels all so overdone, and tbh doesn't match what's a pleasant, fairly uneventful piece of music. But now I'm very much intrigued and can't wait for the full thing. Go Poland!

Courtzer

I think Poland only do those effects for that 15 seconds in the clip cause so hopefully it doesn't look too bad when you see the full 3 minutes

Mainshow

Veteran
Poland is a disaster.

Seriously, this will not finish Top 10 in the end.
There... I said it.

Seriously, I´m really upset and shocked right now. This looks absolutely cringe-worthy, chaotic - these effects look so cheap. WTF.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It's a real shame for Estonia that this has happened, however other delegations have managed to adapt quite well and some have even changed their LEDs. Obviously it was a core part of their staging, but it's themselves as much as it is the Italians for their inability to adapt it for the black sun.

Poland I lowkey kinda like actually, it's a bit much and had my head spinning for a moment but I kinda like the shock factor of it suddenly being thrown around. They totally overdid it lmao

Mainshow

Veteran
The shaking is indeed a bit much for me, but otherwise I like it.

I don´t like these cheap "raining" effects either.
Also, it´s way too dark for me (and the black sun somehow gets highlighted as well).
They´re clearly trying to tell a story again and I´m afraid it will be another Poland 2010 - something viewers won´t be able to connect to.

ESC94

Vladana planning to scare off the competition like that dinosaur from Jurassic Park.

anigif_sub-buzz-25741-1508015070-1.gif

And if she doesn´t come through she´ll spit venom and make the other contestants, "breathless"?? ;)

I know that was bad. :ROFLMAO:

Also, it´s way too dark for me (and the black sun somehow gets highlighted as well).
They´re clearly trying to tell a story again and I´m afraid it will be another Poland 2010 - something viewers won´t be able to connect to.

As I said I like this, the song is rather dark in its nature, so too much lighting would be rather unfavorable imo.

aef

I still hate the :pl: song but their staging is really good! Also very good vocals (though I can’t stand his voce at all). Well done. It feels like this is one of the few songs where the black sun doesn’t hurt the staging, it even fits in quite well.

Oh boy in my opinion :ee: probably got hurt the most by this black joke of a sun. Don’t mess wit my Stefan!! Before I saw him as a top 10 candidate but now the staging is not looking good at all…

:me: looks very good actually. I wouldn’t mind if this qualified.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:me: The eurotrash worshipping side of me should be celebrating right now upon seeing Vladana dressed as a peacock covered in Christmas tree lights. I think though I'm actually sad as I want this beautiful, incredibly sincere and heartfelt song to qualify and be this year's dark horse as it deserves to be. The vocals are gorgeous, and full of pain even during the rehearsals. That outfit however just fills me with worry. A crazy, out there costume doesn't necessarily subtract from the potential of an entry (just ask Rona) but Vladana's lights look cheap here, especially the ones on her chest. Besides that, the song seems to be staged very well. It's dark, moody and mysterious. This could create a very special atmosphere on the night.

aef

As I wrote before I think :pl: has got a decent staging but yes, the screen effects are something I forgot to comment on, especially the rain effects looks VERY cheap!

Top Bottom