Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:al: Messy, bad camera work, vocals were not on point and the outfit this time felt a miss. Such a shame as I want to cheer this on. Come on Ronela, pick it up!

:lv: Lots of energy. Looks nice and bright on your screen. They'll really be fighting from the death slot for their place in the final.

:lt: Mesmerising. I've got a feeling this one might be unbeatable visually. Dazzlingly gorgeous and sparkly. This stage was made for it (shame it had to break down).

:ch: Looks good(ish). Sounds.. *shudders* good. You know, on a technical level, if this so happens to be your bag. Very much not mine as he sings like a toddler learning his first words. Such a waste of a lovely vocal timbre. Juries will love it, annoyingly.

:sl: Very cute. Still packing their inexperienced charm and I think people could enjoy this more than we think.

:ua: Sounds great. Looks good also for the most part, although here clearly something more was planned with the full lcd.

:bg: Honestly looks amazing. Right near the top of the staging game here. That orange pops and the sun is used perfectly. Could this be enough for a surprise qualifier? I actually hope so for the fan meltdown that would ensue.

:nl: This surprised me and unfortunately in a negative way. The song isn't for me but from her videos S10 seems cool. Here on stage she's giving some serious Blanche deer caught in headlights vibes. Charisma left the building for whatever reason.

:md: Hmmm this honestly doesn't look enough. Moldova are experts at qualifying when fans don't expect them to, but the energy here feels lacking. Couple that with a middling song and I don't feel they're safe.

:hr: Sounds wonderful but the staging just doesn't look right. A lot of performances look good still, even if the staging wasn't as they had planned. With Croatia things seem to not be working too well visually.

:dk: Competent looking performance. Doesn't seem to be doing anything extraordinary but what's here is done well and compliments the song.

:at: The ring prop will help this to stand out visually. Vocals are on the screechy side of things, but I hope won't hinder things too badly. It is a worry though.

:gr: Staging looks fine here. The wide shots in particular where you get a nice look at the beautiful fountain are good. I'm not feeling granny's nightgown though.

:pt: Those vocals... urhhhh stunning! This is hypnotic. I like their choice to stand on the stage in front of the fountain. It will create more of an intimate feeling.

Best of the day:
:lt: :pt: :bg:

Need to pick things up:
:nl: :al: :hr: :md: & :at: (vocally)

Last edited:

Bobjan FR

@Bobjan FR

The last three performers of semi 1 will perform tomorrow (together with some semi 2 finalists and the big 5)
I just didn't paid attention to the fact iceland swapped with greece for the rehearsal....?

They asked 192 people apparently. The numbers don't quite add up to 100% though because they've rounded them (and then weirdly left on the rounded hundredth).

Out of 192 press members, here's the number that put that country in their top 3 - note that one of these has to be out by one vote but its not actually possible to tell which because of the rounding issue...

1) Greece - 144
2) Ukraine - 90
3) Portugal - 81
4) Netherlands - 57
5) Latvia - 42
6) Lithuania - 39
7) Denmark - 27
8) Austria - 24
9) Slovenia - 21
9) Bulgaria - 21
9) Albania - 9
12) Switzerland - 9
13) Moldova - 9
14) Croatia - 3

...theses numbers... are all multiples of 3 ? You can divide :

1) Greece - 48
2) Ukraine - 30
3) Portugal - 27
4) Netherlands - 19
5) Latvia - 14
6) Lithuania - 13
7) Denmark - 9
8) Austria - 8
9) Slovenia - 7
9) Bulgaria - 7
9) Albania - 3
12) Switzerland - 3
13) Moldova - 3
14) Croatia - 1

And the total -192- is as well a multiple of 3. So maybe there was only 64 people in this poll ?

Synergise

I just didn't paid attention to the fact iceland swapped with greece for the rehearsal....?

...theses numbers... are all multiples of 3 ? You can divide :

1) Greece - 48
2) Ukraine - 30
3) Portugal - 27
4) Netherlands - 19
5) Latvia - 14
6) Lithuania - 13
7) Denmark - 9
8) Austria - 8
9) Slovenia - 7
9) Bulgaria - 7
9) Albania - 3
12) Switzerland - 3
13) Moldova - 3
14) Croatia - 1

And the total -192- is as well a multiple of 3. So maybe there was only 64 people in this poll ?
That probably is the case - I might have misinterpreted what they meant when they said 192 votes - I assumed that meant 192 SETS of votes, not 192 votes total across 64 voters. For them all to be multiples of 3 does seem a little odd otherwise.

midnightsun

Veteran
Funny, my impressions are quite the opposite.

I LOVE the Netherlands staging. Right now her performance threw her to my #1 until I have seen Poland‘s UK’s and Azerbaijan‘s second rehearsal. The visuals are SO good! It kept the vibe that showed in the music video when she got out of the fridge and was glowing (=rebirth?). On stage it looks as if she is in the earth‘s core, in the yellow circle (thanks to the mirroring), with darkness around her. Very clever!

Greece would be in my top 10 if she had a better verse; the chorus is nice but the verses are really meh. Her voice is s bit too strained and loud and too much accent.

Moldova is great! Love it!

Austria… well… the circles on stage are nice but I just can’t stand Pia‘s voice (not only her live voice - I didn’t like the song from the beginning, mainly because of her voice). She sounds better than before but to me her "singing“ is just screaming.

Croatia is perfectly sung and such a sweet, great song but that dress… uh! :-/ Doesn’t match the song at all.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
I honestly just can't with the stage. The rainbow not working, basically leaves performance with a black hole on stage and cutted LED.

Although unexpected things happen I still find this incredibly unprofessional and unacceptable.

crashworld

Veteran
Eurovision Backstage Day 5

Quite an interesting insight.

And yes, there's definitely an element of Israel's performance we have yet to see, which is the use of mirrors.

GermanBango

Can we please stop with this Sweden vs. Italy bs? It’s not a thing. Sweden is not the big bad who tries to ruin Eurovision and Italy is not the second coming of Jesus. The pure arrogance of such a way of thinking makes me wanna throw up. Toxicity beyond compare.
Also me, a German: This stage situation is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. It deserves to be criticised and so does the lack of communication by RAI and the EBU. For real though, this is a forum, isn’t it? We are literally here to share our thoughts and discuss things. Stop taking everything personal, dear Italians. Nobody around here is attacking you.

Last edited:

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
Hello everyone.

Please keep in mind that conversations in this thread are related to the Eurovision 2022 Rehearsals and Live show.

Please do not go off-topic.

Thank you.

Zeus

I know they are in the death slot, but seriously :lv: is one of the best rehearsal clips I've seen so far. So much fun, and they deserve to be in the final. It's unlikely they'll make it sadly, as I'm sure a few dull dirges will get more support 😒
I think there is still a path for Latvia.

1) because I don't really think Moldova can be that big televoting entry with this performance, based on the rehearsal clip.

2) because Albania isn't that impressive as opener and was considered a good televoting entry as well.

I can see them getting just enough televoting points. And I also don't think the juries will really hate this. Albania, Austria, Moldova etc will be lower with them I think.

Okay, she definitely can win

Hearing her live for the first time, I'm sure she will not win.

I assumed by the effects and autotune on the recording that she's not much of a singer.

She proved me right in this video with:

1. Off key nasal singing

2. Poor English singing diction butchering "toge-THER - ano-THER". What in hell made her think she can sing 1 word as 2, what leads us to problem no. 3...

3. Inability to sing high-pitch tones, in turn she decided to sing them with full breath on -THER rhymes, making it sound awful, and this technique (lungs and tummy can't exhale air timely) leads us to problem no. 4. ...

4. She's behind (late) on matrix. I hear vocal line separately from melody, as if there were 2 songs playing simultaneously.

The song is great, but she is an absolute mess!!!!!!!!!

midnightsun

Veteran
I absolutely think Latvia will qualify. Think of Belgium 2016. Similar kind of funky music, almost identical dance, same loud, quirky and bright performance. If Belgium went through, this will too. At least I hope so!

Yoozek

Hearing her live for the first time, I'm sure she will not win. I assumed by the effects and autotune on the recording that she's not much of a singer.
(...)

I love how Polly keeps giving us the tea, listing the facts which cannot be ignored and destroying Amanda dreams in such a subtle and gentle way. :D

mauve

Veteran
I know they are in the death slot, but seriously :lv: is one of the best rehearsal clips I've seen so far. So much fun, and they deserve to be in the final. It's unlikely they'll make it sadly, as I'm sure a few dull dirges will get more support 😒
Absolutely agree. When I first listened to it, I ctually wasn't much of a fan of the song. But now, I really, really love the song. I hope there is a miracle and they will make it to the final. ;)

mauve

Veteran
Hearing her live for the first time, I'm sure she will not win.

I assumed by the effects and autotune on the recording that she's not much of a singer.

She proved me right in this video with:

1. Off key nasal singing

2. Poor English singing diction butchering "toge-THER - ano-THER". What in hell made her think she can sing 1 word as 2, what leads us to problem no. 3...

3. Inability to sing high-pitch tones, in turn she decided to sing them with full breath on -THER rhymes, making it sound awful, and this technique (lungs and tummy can't exhale air timely) leads us to problem no. 4. ...

4. She's behind (late) on matrix. I hear vocal line separately from melody, as if there were 2 songs playing simultaneously.

I am one of the few who thinks that the song is completely overrated. For me, it's quite boring and nothing outstanding.

Top Bottom