Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

94ayd

If the :al: snippet is messy, the :nl: one is as flat as it gets - :be: 2018 vibes.

JonasS

I seriously disliked S10's vocals there. I hope she's just saving her voice. I managed to get over my "Dutch Dutch" bias as a Belgian to moderately like the official video, but here it sounds off. Also gives me Belgium 2018 vibes.
Yeah I had the same feeling, that was a bit shaky. But I'm optimistic, she proved that she can do it before.

0scar

my "Dutch Dutch" bias as a Belgian

Seriously curious what that bias is, what's the general opinion of the Flemish on "Dutch Dutch"? And how does that sound in De Diepte?
The general opinion of the Dutch on Flemish is probably "cute"

Ezio

Veteran
Netherlands's Second Rehearsal Clip

The lighting is too bright for my liking. I am expecting it to be a little darker to match the atmosphere of the song. The shots need to be tighter. There's a part where the transition is clunky. And haven't they learn not to have too many pan out shots for a soloist. She got swallowed by the stage.
Omg, that looks boring and dull. I am actually shook right now

Gitte

Seriously curious what that bias is, what's the general opinion of the Flemish on "Dutch Dutch"? And how does that sound in De Diepte?
The general opinion of the Dutch on Flemish is probably "cute"
it's hard to describe. I sort of combination of nasal and rough is the best I can think of right now. And loud and squeaky.

GermanBango

:md:
Yea as expected: A televoting magnet. Wouldn`t be surprised by a Top 3 finish with the public. They will need to up the energy level more though.
Verdict: Qualifier. Due to a really strong televoting result. 5-11th.

Ezio

Veteran
I liked Switzerland, Bulgaria, Lithuania.
Ukraine is OK. The rest gives me NQ vibes tbh

Laepo1

Netherlands's Second Rehearsal Clip

The lighting is too bright for my liking. I am expecting it to be a little darker to match the atmosphere of the song. The shots need to be tighter. There's a part where the transition is clunky. And haven't they learn not to have too many pan out shots for a soloist. She got swallowed by the stage.

Netherlands is my #1 so far this year, but I'm not at all impressed with the reharsal. I hope she's just saving her voice

hpp0

For Ukraine, the idea behind the staging seems great but unfortunately the sun ruined their background. Other than that it is a good performance.

Bulgaria is great and although I still don't see it qualifying they can be proud of their performance.

Netherlands seems boring, at least in that particular moment of the song. I don't know why they didn't do more cause having the light side of the sun could be an advantage, I don't think they could do too much with LED screen the way it is staged anyway.

Moldova could have been better but it is fun and the chorus of the new version is kinda sweeter. I'm not 100% sure if it's qualifying anymore but they seem to have fun. I really hoped they would bring the train they had talked about tho.

shameless

Since its reveal I never got the hype for NL, which is imho the epitome of blandness. Still buffled how this is top 10 in the betting odds, NQ looks more and more likely with that rehearsal snippet. It also has direct rivals with GR and PT being in the very same semi.

Ezio

Veteran
Since its reveal I never got the hype for NL, which is imho the epitome of blandness. Still buffled how this is top 10 in the betting odds, NQ looks more and more likely with that rehearsal snippet. It also has direct rivals with GR and PT being in the very same semi.
This is the 2nd coming of Sennek.

But I shouldn't be cocky. Austria looks like a 100% NQ now, which gives me a lot of free time next week xcheer

Zeus

Nah, juries will always save this. But I can see it dissapoint in the final with a not that high televoting score, like Bulgaria last year.

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apparently, it was Milhanas. 4 backing singers it is...
Well I hope no one gets it. Otherwise it will happen the same thing that happened to Iceland last year and it’s just a shame to miss the opportunity to perform live with the audience :/

Top Bottom