Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

ItsJaden

She hits it! She has it in her! Omg, this is such a relief.
If she can reproduce that, we are sailing through and might even fight for that left hand side. Hell yeah :D

Most exciting staging of the day as well.

That doesn't say much tho of a day with little to none staging haha
Favs of the day

Poland (although the song really iens't for me)
Czech Republic and Estonia (worst staging, but it's just such a good song)

Sweden is alright, but the song just doesn't hit me at all. I can see it winning tho

Really hoping for a Greek win this year. That staging looks great and the song and artist really have a point of view.
The Netherlands is my favorite song of the year, hope it lands top 5

theditz83

Veteran
My comment got the desired reaction, go me.

Listen, I'm just not wanting everyone to lose sight of the fact that the producers in charge are all professionals who will ensure that the show is as fabulous as it always is. Will it be what us crazy eurofans expected, perhaps not, but will it be a disaster? Also no.

Let's calm things down to a riot and bask in the joy of the fact that we're just over 1 week from Semi Final 1 🎉

JChan

Honestly the irony of Cornelia bringing a giant spinning prop to *this* particular stage is not lost on me :oops:

hpp0

The only performances that I have sincerely liked so far from both semis are Cyprus and Poland.

Slovenia, Norway, Finland, Serbia and Sweden were great for me too but very close to the NF performances so they were less exciting.

Portugal, Greece, Armenia and Azerbaijan had pretty interesting ideas too. Austria and Czechia have great light shows

Overall most performances are alright but nothing too exciting and I don't think it has something to do with the sun, it's just how the performances are staged. As for the sun, it does kinda ruin some performances but maybe if the camera focuses more only on the part with the sun and doesn't show the whole stage it won't look that bad, cause it's mostly the cut LED screen that ruins it for me.

Zeus

I wonder tho: if they will keep the sun on this side, will a lot of entries just remove their LED-visuals at all? Because now it sometimes just looks incomplete.

Cookies8

As an Italian ESC fan, I’ve been waiting for years this opportunity to host the contest, and I’ve been dreaming to see a great show (since we’re in 2022) but I’m so ashamed about our organization. Those stage issues are just pathetic, as music as it is to invite Il Volo and one of the Italian winners of ESC (she won like uhm…60 years ago?) instead of showing Europe the talent of our young artists like Elodie and many others. At least you’ll see Dardust. We produce ANY kind of music quite well, so what’s the point of inviting opera singers everybody already knows? I am sorry for this, you’ll never see what italy really is, and that’s just our fault if you’ll always perceive us as the tarantella nation, where it is good to spend holidays and taste good, but nothing else.

ag89

Regardless of stage issue: I am glad to see the stage is not massive. I think it is important to remember we need a tv show, but also we need singers on that stage too to focus on them.

JonasS

As an Italian ESC fan, I’ve been waiting for years this opportunity to host the contest, and I’ve been dreaming to see a great show (since we’re in 2022) but I’m so ashamed about our organization. Those stage issues are just pathetic, as music as it is to invite Il Volo and one of the Italian winners of ESC (she won like uhm…60 years ago?) instead of showing Europe the talent of our young artists like Elodie and many others. At least you’ll see Dardust. We produce ANY kind of music quite well, so what’s the point of inviting opera singers everybody already knows? I am sorry for this, you’ll never see what italy really is, and that’s just our fault if you’ll always perceive us as the tarantella nation, where it is good to spend holidays and taste good, but nothing else.
No need to feel sorry. It's about the people in charge of this, not Italy in general.
Love your country 🇮🇹

Bobjan FR

In despite of this broken sun, what i see from the pictures showed is impressive and beautiful anyway.... With one disappointment, Estonia. And they removed the two cow-boys of the performance in Eesti Laul ? Gosh, i think it's a mistake.

mauve

Veteran
She hits it! She has it in her! Omg, this is such a relief.
If she can reproduce that, we are sailing through and might even fight for that left hand side. Hell yeah :D
I am so glad! I truly hope that they will make to the final. It was one of the first songs to come out, and I still love it a lot! xlove

Ajeje Brazorf

Regardless of stage issue: I am glad to see the stage is not massive. I think it is important to remember we need a tv show, but also we need singers on that stage too to focus on them.

Yeah, you are right... Otherwise we will have a "Eurovision SUN contest" more than a "Eurovision SONG contest"... 😅😅😅 Sorry... It was really a bad pun! 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

goncalovieira

It is going to be so haaaard to pick 10 finalists for this semifinal. We should get ready for surprises.

Lock Q

Poland and Sweden

Likely Q

Finland, Serbia, San Marino, Australia, Cyprus, Estonia, Belgium, Czech Republic

There is a good chance

Israel, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Malta, Ireland, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania

So, there is any chanceless country in this semifinal... Drama is coming.

Zeus

It is going to be so haaaard to pick 10 finalists for this semifinal. We should get ready for surprises.

Lock Q

Poland and Sweden

Likely Q

Finland, Serbia, San Marino, Australia, Cyprus, Estonia, Belgium, Czech Republic

There is a good chance

Israel, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Malta, Ireland, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania

So, there is any chanceless country in this semifinal... Drama is coming.
I feel North Macedonia doesn't really have a path to the final. And it will be at least very difficult for San Marino, Georgia, Ireland and Romania (no jury support) on one hand, and Malta, Montenegro, Azerbaijan and Belgium (possible low televoting score) on the other hand.

Poland, Sweden, Serbia, Finland, Australia, Cyprus, Czech Republic and Estonia seem likely qualifiers to me.

Chance that the two others to qualify will be entries that have a high score with just the juries or the televotes. Maybe juries will save one of Belgium, Azerbaijan or Montenegro. Televoters might save one of Romania, San Marino and Israel.

Ajeje Brazorf

it looks fine I guess ? dynamic
ok now I want the live shows to happen fast

Here the structure in my opinion works good with their staging, better than I expected actually: the LED's in the background filter from behind the structure and create some really interesting and colorful patterns. In some moments the reflections of the LED's seem to create some actual circles with the central structure with the right camera angles. I don't know if it's meant to be so or if it is a solution they found to the staging issue, but their performance will be fine I guess.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
The stage doesn´t look bad at all in that Latvian clip.

There´s still time to fix the backdrops of Estonia, Romania, Portugal...

Maybe we should just skip the thought that the black sun was intended to be a kinetic sun and pretend that it´s a huge vinyl instead.
At least, that´s music-related :D

@crashworld Thanks for pointing it out that letting Montenegro perform after Poland is completely nuts. Both songs are perceived as ballads and both performances´s colour is blue.
Personally, I think that it´s kinda obvious now that there was a lot of favouritism going on regarding the running order.

Yoozek

The stage doesn´t look bad at all in that Latvian clip.

Yea but it's going to be the same black hole in all of the performances. All. Of. Them. Keeping the sun LED screen facing the back is the most retarded decision I've ever witnessed on Eurovision since I've started watching the contest. No need to wait for the next Tuesday to know that. Italy's hosting capabilities will cause a massive ***** in the internets - now, among esc fans it's just a soft breeze before the actual shitstorm.

I wonder if SJB is now updating the staging concepts for everyone or if she picked her faves.

Ajeje Brazorf

Yea but it's going to be the same black hole in all of the performances. All. Of. Them. Keeping the sun LED screen facing the back is the most retarded decision I've ever witnessed on Eurovision since I've started watching the contest. No need to wait for the next Tuesday to know that. Italy's hosting capabilities will cause a massive ***** in the internets - now, among esc fans it's just a soft breeze before the actual shitstorm.

I wonder if SJB is now updating the staging concepts for everyone or if she picked her faves.

Actually the decision about the LED screen was taken by the EBU itself because most delegations used the lights.

By the way the shitstorm is already started with people hoping for some earthquakes in Italy over the stage of a show not working. Do you wanna join them in your rants or do you wanna see the final result first and then judge?

Last edited:
Top Bottom