Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

ItsJaden

Such a waste - the concept of the stage was extremely incredible and honestly, it doesn´t look "that bad" but it´s very disappointing for entries whose performances had been relying on LEDs and backdrops.

That will be 80% of all the countries lol

popavapeur

He showed a full empty room for the press conference for Latvia what the heck ?
I hope people were just late or whatever but as the area was heavily restricted press-wise it was..well empty like nobody at all.

GermanBango

I hope people were just late or whatever but as the area was heavily restricted press-wise it was..well empty like nobody at all.
I thought press isn’t even allowed to enter the arena area until the first rehearsals are all done?

popavapeur

I guess the countries that needed a somber atmosphere or were heavily relying on the lights side of the sun kinda hit the jackpot cause I really feel that it does have a negative effect on the countries that had a special idea in mind with the LED or both and they can't really have a plan B that fast that could work as well as their plan A (like seeing Sauda written in the Portuguese staging instead of Saudade lol)

I hope they can come up fast with a solution, if not, it's not gonna help Italy's image of being a bad host after the 91 contest (even if it's not their fault, people will remember the sun flop)

popavapeur

I thought press isn’t even allowed to enter the arena area until the first rehearsals are all done?
I understood that some official press could be there ? But during the 1st rehearsals it's a bunch of website, Eurofans that are always present and they're not allowed... so there's nobody. Or maybe you're right, just no press is allowed.

Deleted member 12761

Austria's performance was good. My favorite so far tbh. Armenia also looks very good.

Zeus

Serbia does a lot with the (LED?) screen behind them. Maybe they would have liked to put some lyrics on screen as well. Should they now be worried?

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
I do understand that unexpected issues arise when putting on a show as huge as eurovision but I do find it unacceptable that something like the moving sun doesn’t work, RAI is unable to find a solution PLUS it doesn’t inform the delegations with enough time to find a staging solution. We are basically going to have a huge black semi circle in every performance and I just find that very amateur and unprofessional

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
I do understand that unexpected issues arise when putting on a show as huge as eurovision but I do find it unacceptable that something like the moving sun doesn’t work, RAI is unable to find a solution PLUS it doesn’t inform the delegations with enough time to find a staging solution. We are basically going to have a huge black semi circle in every performance and I just find that very amateur and unprofessional

What I have read is that the kinetic sun is unable to turn completely because one of the motors was flooded due to the water seepage from fountains nearby and they are unable to replace the motor without dismantling the entire stage. And this happened only recently, which is why the delegations were only informed recently they need to find alternatives to their original staging plans.

It's really unfortunate if this is what truly happened. The stage has the potential of looking one of the best ones we have in years, but due to this issue, it's now making the staging looking really awkward.

Armenia's First Rehearsal Gallery:

Austria's First Rehearsal Clip:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7092782482625400069
Iceland's First Rehearsal Clip:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7092789304681925894
Greece's First Rehearsal Clip:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7092795142435884294

AlekS

Veteran
Armenia gives me mental institution vibes (just a little bit) with their staging:

But while many others struggle because of that stage malfunction, she looks great using her props as the background.

HayashiM

Veteran
Mentions of each country on the official live blog at the moment (with Norway and Armenia yet to receive their post with a tiktok preview)... I kinda wonder who writes it :D

:pt: 6
:hr: 4
:dk: 6
:at: 5
:is: 4
:gr: 4
:no: 11
:am: 3
:il: 1

MopManMoss

Veteran
If they wanted it to look like post it notes why arent they multicoloured? all of them being white makes it look like toilet paper

ag89

But if they removed that motor...Maybe they are trying to fix it and bring it back?! If that was an issues? Basically, we have no proper info, these are just rumours what actually happened. Still hope for the best.

What I have read is that the kinetic sun is unable to turn completely because one of the motors was flooded due to the water seepage from fountains nearby and they are unable to replace the motor without dismantling the entire stage. And this happened only recently, which is why the delegations were only informed recently they need to find alternatives to their original staging plans.

It's really unfortunate if this is what truly happened. The stage has the potential of looking one of the best ones we have in years, but due to this issue, it's now making the staging looking really awkward.

Armenia's First Rehearsal Gallery:

Austria's First Rehearsal Clip:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7092782482625400069
Iceland's First Rehearsal Clip:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7092789304681925894
Greece's First Rehearsal Clip:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7092795142435884294

When one installs a fountain next to electricity sources, it is impossible to predict that the flow of water could find a way through to electric instalations. 😏 Who would have guessed? 😁

I'm sorry for stereotyping and incorrectness, but this is the Italian way. That's exactly how their hotels and hospitality works. No appliance works in the room. 🤣

Bobjan FR

I wonder when the problem happened... because they had stand-in rehearsals before this week, the stage was'nt ready ?

ItsJaden

When one installs a fountain next to electricity sources, it is impossible to predict that the flow of water could find a way through to electric instalations. 😏 Who would have guessed? 😁

I'm sorry for stereotyping and incorrectness, but this is the Italian way. That's exactly how their hotels and hospitality works. No appliance works in the room. 🤣
I remember this Kylie Minogue concert, Aphrodite Les Follies, which was a huge water show with fountains on the main stage and fountains on both catwalks that shot up 10 meters and everything. Way more complicated than what we see in Turin, and she was able to tour that stage, meaning, build up and break down in half a day. I'm sure they can fix it. Replace the motor or fix it. Plenty of time

Top Bottom