Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

ItsJaden

Lol, nice start, that's one shaky long note.

Can't keep my eyes off the ugly black sun as well. It clearly doesn't fit this performance.

The floor is bothering me more on this video.

0scar

:md: Where's the energy???? hated the song from the beginning but I imagined it being a party on stage as a televoting magnet but this is not it
:hr: love the song but this does absolutely nothing. The sun looks probably the worst in this performance so far
:dk: pretty much as expected. This is really underrated, imo deserves to qualify but probably won't
:at: looks good sounds bad

Zeus

Well, Austria is a clear one for me from the beginning and nothings changed. It will score low with the juries, but quite good with the televotes. The meh vocals but good staging adds to this idea as well.

Will go to the final, but might struggle to really get a high position.

lacrymea

Well I hope no one gets it. Otherwise it will happen the same thing that happened to Iceland last year and it’s just a shame to miss the opportunity to perform live with the audience :/
I'm hearing different things. Wiwi stated that all of them were in the rehearsal, but one of them (Milhanas) wore a mask. I guess we just have to wait and hope no one else gets it.

0scar

I mean??

Schermafbeelding-2022-05-04-om-17-34-47.png

guess that joke's no longer funny

0scar

:gr: cool!!!!! also hurt by the sun but I think this has huge potential to be great in full performance

Ezio

Veteran

crashworld

Veteran
Croatia's Second Rehearsal Clip

Denmark's Second Rehearsal Clip

Austria's Second Rehearsal Clip

GermanBango

:hr:
Looks better than expected and she sounds really good. The dancers are a bit too distracting imho. Juries might go for it.
Verdict: Borderline non-qualifier. 10-13th.

:dk:
I got bored after like 10 seconds. The song is just extra meh. At least they seem to enjoy themselves. Public might have that somewhere in their lower Top 10.
Verdict: Non-qualifier. 12-15th.

:at:
Ouch. Her vocals are dreadful and all of this just screams Poland 2018 to me. I smell a massive fan favorite fail here. Juries will sink it.
Verdict: Borderline qualifier. 8-14th.

:gr:
The song still does less than nothing to me and I find her voice somewhat irritating BUT the performance seems to be exciting enough to grab some televotes. Juries will obvs love it.
Verdict: Qualifier. 3rd-8th.

Nicholas123

I thought Netherlands dropped the laser staging concept cause they came up with sth 'even better'? Wtf is this? In the deep is my fave song this year, they could even win the jury vote, but now I really doubt it...

Ezio

Veteran
Why is Pia Maria crying like a child throwing a tantrum at 0:33? It makes my eardrums wanna die.

Serena00

:gr:
The song still does less than nothing to me and I find her voice somewhat irritating BUT the performance seems to be exciting enough to grab some televotes. Juries will obvs love it.
Verdict: Qualifier. 3rd-8th.
My exact thoughts on the Greece. Does not give winner vibes to me.

0scar

I thought Netherlands dropped the laser staging concept cause they came up with sth 'even better'? Wtf is this? In the deep is my fave song this year, they could even win the jury vote, but now I really doubt it...

The laser staging was an idea of the show she was performing in, not of the creative team that AVROTROS put together for Eurovision.

hpp0

Croatia is good I guess, I just don't like these kind of performances in general they seem all over the place.

Denmark was great and energetic enough and they did they best they could to cover up the sun. It does look kinda ugly but everyone will have gotten used into it by that point.

Austria has a good staging but vocally it is a mess. Personally I think the problem is that they have three voices that sing at different times and often the backing vocalist sings louder than Pia. I get that they probably want to cover up her bad moments but the parts that I could hear her voice, she was fine. Honestly two backing vocalists and both of them singing that loud seems like an overreaction to the bad comments from the delegation's side.

Greece was fine but I'm not that impressed personally, though it seems that whole concept of the performance is mostly based on the start and the end of the performance, so we will see.

Portugal imo actually benefits from not having LEDs. It looks very beautiful and ethereal with the lights and the dark background.

Last edited:
Top Bottom