Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

lilka

Can we get rid of the juries, please?

lilka

Not as long as songs like the Moldovan one finish second in the televoting haha.
Ehh, I would not even mind Moldova winning, even if I consider the song silly. There was a time when I thought ordinary Europeans were the ones who were biased, but it turns out that juries are the ones to blame.

GermanBango

Ehh, I would not even mind Moldova winning, even if I consider the song silly. There was a time when I thought ordinary Europeans were the ones who were biased, but it turns out that juries are the ones to blame.

It really depends imo. I absolutely agree that some juries tend to be trash every year but overall I think they are doing a decent job. Sure one could argue about the composition of each jury and how much voting power they should have at the end of the day.

banana

result.jpg

Complainings about not fair voting recall dark humor about Winter Olimpic Games in China. While biathloners use paper targets instead of Uighurs everything is ok. The sports without politics.
But war crimes are not the same as politics. I'm impressed numbers of 12 and 10 points. Of course, a solid part of that is votes of solidarity. Deny that fact would be a big lie. But I am happy that societies in different countries don't pretend that nothing is happening. Thank you!
Hopefully, in the future televoters will be thinking only about staging, singing, and songs for the reason that any other worries won't exist.

soulm8

Oh with all happening, I forget to say thank you Italy for the great show, my absolute favorite country in the world for a reason. Some messy stuff here and there, but nobody will care after a week. ❤️

Mainshow

Veteran
Given Australia's televote results since Dami Im, I think when SBS' current Eurovision contract expires they should not bother to renew, it seems that we have outstayed our welcome.

I strongly disagree with this statement.

Australia received shitloads of points back in 2019 (from the televoting).

Sheldon´s voice was impressive but Europe wasn´t feeling well-crafted ballads performed by former X-Factor or The Voice participants. Look at the scores of :ch:, :az:, :au:, :be: .... Europe voted for colourful, impressive stagings - something up-tempo and mostly in native languages this year (:ua: :md: :rs: :es: ) - Beautifully sung ballads by amazing voices wasn´t something Europe was really into this year - Even :pl: "only" managed to end up being #9 in the televoting despite being a huge favourite (odds) and "Poland having a lot of diaspora votes incoming".

Just send something like Guy Sebastian, Dami Im or Kate Miller-Heidke again and you will be getting a lot of televoting points - pretty sure Voyager would have performed better (not with the juries maybe, though).

Last edited:

Zeus

His performance was soo over the top, I don’t know why any casual viewer should have liked this and voted for it.
Well at least it was less than with Conchita

Uto

Veteran
Given Australia's televote results since Dami Im, I think when SBS' current Eurovision contract expires they should not bother to renew, it seems that we have outstayed our welcome.
Mainshow has debunked this from one perspective by looking at the voting patterns, but one other perspective is that people really don't think of countries this way. This sounds like the UK whining about Europe being angry at Brexit. Yes some countries were angry, especially the Netherlands as we have worked our asses off getting the UK to join the EU in the first place. But these things are too trivial to feature in how you vote for stuff. Sure a handful of people will not vote for Australia because it's not in Europe/shit to aboriginals/reactionary/Chinese puppet/fill in what you want. It's just a handful of people.

Teaisloveable

Oh my god :lol: :lol:

Can't get over some of the reactions I am reading from some Brits & the media...

Apparently the reason we came second this year is because
"The UK has supported Ukraine [in regards to the war] the most out of all countries so everyone loves us at the moment so of course we came second"

I can't cope with the blatant idiocy.
We could literally win and they'd still find something to moan about :lol:

We lose - "Everyone hates us and I am angry!!1!!!1!!1! xangry"
We win - "Everyone loves us and I am angry !!!!!!111!11!!!!xangry"

Bobjan FR

Can't get over some of the reactions I am reading from Brits & the media...

"The UK has supported Ukraine [in regards to the war] the most out of all countries so everyone loves us at the moment so of course we came second"

Yep, and they forget to mention that in that case, France would be 3rd place...

Uto

Veteran

Can't get over some of the reactions I am reading from Brits & the media...

Think most people are under the impression that the one country most helpful to Ukraine at the moment is Poland anyway.

Mainshow

Veteran
Think most people are under the impression that the one country most helpful to Ukraine at the moment is Poland anyway.
This. A family member of mine told me that "Poland will maybe win because they support Ukraine so much".
Eh... What the hell.

Teaisloveable

I don't think these people actually care who has helped Ukraine the most, they just want a reason to shit on the Contest and the BBC aha

Preuss

Yeah, Kate got televote points from like more than 30 countries. Also Guy and Dami did well. But I do think they can lose a position or two in the televote ranking by being in Australia. Now imagine if Kate got 1 or 2 more points from each of those countries? She'd get 200 televote points, which was fitting for the entry and would've given it a top 5, which it deserved. Isaiah, Jess and Sheldon would still do bad, no doubt

HayashiM

Veteran
I am very happy to finally see my n°1 win. Congratulations to Ukraine xheart

I am also quite sad about all the negative emotions this victory brings up for many, though there's little to do about it. We can debate the importance of politics in this victory back and forth, and for me, there is no doubt the war has had an impact.

However, when people say "politics" in a derogatory way, they usually imply a bunch of career liars discussing their schemes somewhere out of the publics sight. That's not what happened here.

If the juries gave 400+ points to Ukraine and televote wasn't so keen, this all would've been a whole lot more bitter. But in this case, it is the people of Europe who wanted to do this. The televoters actually wanted to do this, then so be it. Politics and pity votes certainly are involved, but I don't see any reason to blame the contest itself (nor Ukraine ;) ).

There was no way of action from the EBU how to remain completely apolitical in this situation. I believe they chose the least bad option.

Last edited:

AlienSoul

I strongly disagree with this statement.

Australia received shitloads of points back in 2019 (from the televoting).

Sheldon´s voice was impressive but Europe wasn´t feeling well-crafted ballads performed by former X-Factor or The Voice participants. Look at the scores of :ch:, :az:, :au:, :be: .... Europe voted for colourful, impressive stagings - something up-tempo and mostly in native languages this year (:ua: :md: :rs: :es: ) - Beautifully sung ballads by amazing voices wasn´t something Europe was really into this year - Even :pl: "only" managed to end up being #9 in the televoting despite being a huge favourite (odds) and "Poland having a lot of diaspora votes incoming".

Just send something like Guy Sebastian, Dami Im or Kate Miller-Heidke again and you will be getting a lot of televoting points - pretty sure Voyager would have performed better (not with the juries maybe, though).

Someone had to take up the baton in the "Europe Hates Us" relay now that the UK and Spain are in the top three :LOL:

Top Bottom