Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

ESC94

He was a judge on The Voice of Italy for three editions, took part in an Italian TV show, got his own TV show on Italian TV (very successful - got incredible ratings, award-winning show), he performed at Sanremo, X Factor Italy.

He moved to Italy in 2013 (near Florence) and has a (recording) studio there as well.

I think that he´s partly based in Italy as an entertainer/musician/artist and partly lives there.

No, he was coach at The Voice in :fr:.

Ajeje Brazorf

Yeah, Mika is really popular in Italy and has hosted his own show which was very popular here and has a lot of business because was a juror on several talent shows. I think he will be a great host, because I find him really fitting for that role because he is really charismatic and, and that's a big plus when it come to International shows, he speaks fluently 7 languages (English, French, Spanish, Italian, Lebanese dialecr, Arabic and Chinese).

Looren

Veteran
Well, the most impressive rehearsal of today is probably :cy: for me, :sm: (even if I dislike the song) and :az: looked great too

Many great stagings today, the only one I didn't like was Finland tbh

ESC94

Yeah, it was X Factor Italy for several seasons/editions.

My bad - I lose track of all these exhausting TV formats/talent shows.

I don´t blame you, there are much too many. :lol:

I´ve lost any interest in talent shows. I didn´t watch a single episode of the last two seasons of DSDS and only watched The Voice of Germany last year because of Johannes Oerding.

crashworld

Veteran
So all countries that hired Marvin Dittmann brought their own props. Austria, Armenia, Cyprus and Israel. (Are there more?)

He's probably very busy next year.

Germany.

And I have to say this, I am calling the showrunner bullshit for his justifications in deciding the running order.
Looking at first half of SF2, the stagings with the easiest props to move are Israel, Georgia and Serbia. But they decide to put them right so early on into the show. Plus Israel and Serbia's colour palette are almost similar (white outfits with red lightings). And they put Malta, San Marino, Australia and Cyprus back to back when they have the biggest props (beside Azerbaijan) to move. Clearly favouritism is at play here.

GermanBango

Soooo did anything come out of the press conference with the stage designer? Or nah?

Last edited:

GermanBango

So apparently it won’t stay this way after all. Maybe just maybe the LEDs facing the wall is intended and not a malfunction. Maybe they are trying to hide some sort of surprise.

nudiecrudi

So apparently it won’t stay this way after all. Maybe just maybe the LEDs facing the wall is intended and not a malfunction. Maybe they are trying to hide some sort of surprise.
My dear friend. I don't know what to think anymore.
Watching the snippets that @crashworld sends to us seems that the partecipants are having fun and maybe we are the only ones to worried if this damn sun is going to shine or not.
I really really really hope the organizers could surprise us.

GermanBango

My dear friend. I don't know what to think anymore.
Watching the snippets that @crashworld sends to us seems that the partecipants are having fun and maybe we are the only ones to worried if this damn sun is going to shine or not.
I really really really hope the organizers could surprise us.
I mean, she is hinting a surprise so my hope is restored.

Bobjan FR

... That's strange. There is a theory now, that the artists rehearsed in normal conditions, and they turn the sun only for the photos and the video takes -that's why press can't see the rehearsal-. ... Hum.

In fact, i'm afraid that it could be just a hypocritical speech. we'll see.

After, from the pics, i find the staging beautiful like this anyway, but of course if it waste what some delegations planned for it, it's disappointing.

0scar

I cannot with these rumours and no official information, drains my interest in the rehearsals and fun in the pre-contest days tbh

empo21

Veteran
Well the stage does look like the way she designed it, but isn't functional.

According to Danish media, EBU said that the issue is the slow speed the sun moved at - which is something they should've figured out long before imo.

DanielLuis

Weel according to DR the producers realized the sun takes way too long to turn to be able to move in the 40 seconds between each performance, so they decided to keep the sun in the same configuration for all 40 acts in order to "mantain fairness"
That goes along with the previous reports that they decided to keep the sun static for the performances, but to move it for interval acts, the voting and other tuff.
They decided to keep the arches in the light side, rather than the LED side, because it is much easier for delegations that planned to use the LEDs to readapt for the lights than the opposite, as new LED content would have to be created for the arches.

Top Bottom