Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

NeoTen

Most bookies thought Marius was way too boring in the rehearsals, we thought the :lv: singer should've got told he didn't need to hold that mic like an ice cone, and they heard a different mixing (even more backing vocals, and Pia sang like a semi note lower in the last chorus) for :at: . Thus, Pia bottling it, Latvia not checking their own mixing (?), bam, :lt: and :ch: & :is: do make it, given historically, slow, quiet ballads and lullabies get more jury votes.

Not a big fan of :al: but knowing Albania :(, they prob got shafted by the running order and Ronela's dancing getting more ludicrous after every rehearsal.
It just shows some artists really underperformed, when their producers did bring a good enough song. I'd be really annoyed with Pia for example.

NeoTen

The highlight of the night for me was Diodato: OMG, that was stunning. And we managed to see the beauty of the idea with the sun, it was wonderful. He would have won in 2020...Maybe second.
That was ridiculous, the interval act was the actual winner! :oops:

Then again, we're gonna have a song win that basically 3 notes (and also Moldova where the only singing is fast talking in key), you underestimate televoting. :sneaky:

midnightsun

Veteran
I don’t know why people give so much about the bookies. They are influenced by more than popularity. You seem to forget that one cannot bet against a country (at least not if the question is: who will be the winner of Eurovision?).
That means, bookies did NOT necessarily find Switzerland dull, it just dropped because people were betting on other, mostly bops, to do very well. And these people, who are betting, are not the juries. They are fans who think that song x and song y are popular, which they ARE the moment they place their bet. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that these songs get voted for in the end. Sometimes people overestimate certain songs which they obviously did yesterday.

NeoTen

I don’t know why people give so much about the bookies. They are influenced by more than popularity. You seem to forget that one cannot bet against a country (at least not if the question is: who will be the winner of Eurovision?).
That means, bookies did NOT necessarily find Switzerland dull, it just dropped because people were betting on other, mostly bops, to do very well. And these people, who are betting, are not the juries. They are fans who think that song x and song y are popular, which they ARE the moment they place their bet. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that these songs get voted for in the end. Sometimes people overestimate certain songs which they obviously did yesterday.

Because, when social media got popular, suddenly there was so much more data available to betters. Betters look for plays that have the most stats; cuz that narrows their error margins window. Just walk through the bubble in Turin, the excel sheets, they have browser extensions that monitor every social feed with engagement from the artists, they even check guys from sites like @Matt and their reactions to the songs. They check the juries socials. The abundance of stats you can make an investment in have made this event a goldmine. And made them much more reliable. So maybe that why. But it's like tapping yourself on the back, though. So. :censored:

JonasS

[...] You seem to forget that one cannot bet against a country [...]
You literally can though
azx3zm.png

mauve

Veteran
Tomorrow will be nerve-wracking. I have the bad feeling that many of my faves (San Marino (dead with the Juries), Georgia and Czech Republic) in semi 2 won't make it ... :( My other faves (Finland, Serbia and Sweden) should be no problem, I think.

We've had several of these 'leaks' before and so far they were always very far away from the actual results. This one looks the most unrealistic ever. 205 televoting points would mean at least 14 sets of 12 (out of 18 votings) - so far the record has been 9x12 points.
Not only that, but the jury score is ridiculous, thats an average of 10,9 points from the jurors.. and a new record.. for a style of song juries never appreciated too much.

Also a 4 point difference from 9th place to 14th and Ukraine aside televoters and juries basically disagreeing on every single song? Plus Bulgaria having 74 points from televoters..

Looren

Veteran
Tomorrow will be nerve-wracking. I have the bad feeling that many of my faves (San Marino (dead with the Juries), Georgia and Czech Republic) in semi 2 won't make it ... :( My other faves (Finland, Serbia and Sweden) should be no problem, I think.

I think San Marino and Czech Rep will make it !

Also I have my whole top 3 tomorrow (Estonia, North Macedonia and Azerbaijan) will be stressful

crashworld

Veteran
General thoughts on the show:

The Good
  • Diodato - Hands down. Top-notch! I got more chills from this performance than all the 17 performances combined.
  • Pacing - I thought the general flow of the show is pretty good. Not draggy, just nice.
  • Staging - It looks really beautiful if it is properly utilized with the kinetic sun.
  • Onscreen graphics (ie. scoreboard, title cards) - I like them looking pretty simple and classy.
The Bad
  • Camera angles - I lost count the number of times the camera angles are damn right shitty in all 17 performances and they do impact my overall viewing experience of the show. It's worse than the kinetic sun not doing what it's supposed to do.
  • Lighting - Some of performances look over-exposed, some look like they forgotten to pay the electricity bills.
  • Postcards - I can't believe how cheap-looking they look. Easily one of the worst in years.
  • Sound - The sound that the dry ice spray made, it was so loud and distracting.

Last edited:

Zeus

I feel it's a pattern that with 'fun' or kinda odd songs and performances, running order really matters for televoting. Yesterday as well. Latvia outperformed Albania, Moldova was even weirder, etc.

Makes me fear a bit about Serbia tomorrow. Still makes no sense to let such a different act from the rest perform 3th already.

Bobjan FR

We've had several of these 'leaks' before and so far they were always very far away from the actual results. This one looks the most unrealistic ever. 205 televoting points would mean at least 14 sets of 12 (out of 18 votings) - so far the record has been 9x12 points.
Not only that, but the jury score is ridiculous, thats an average of 10,9 points from the jurors.. and a new record.. for a style of song juries never appreciated too much.

Also a 4 point difference from 9th place to 14th and Ukraine aside televoters and juries basically disagreeing on every single song? Plus Bulgaria having 74 points from televoters..
Hum, in fact, I'm convinced that the leak is fake, but about Ukraine getting 200 points on televote... I expect it.

Top Bottom