Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Bobjan FR

The leak is a fake, no reason a grid with this style of edit would exist. Plus some results are here to make react like so many countries borderline or all the uptempo doing bad on jury vote ( except Ukraine.)

PolarFoxxie.

How come that betting odds had mistaken not one qualifier, but three. I might get Albanian, but latvija and austria... Come on. Latvija looks like junior Eurovision sesame street teletubbies. Lol

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

Zerocalcare

I am sorry for the elimination of Austria. However, staging was poor and Pia was vocally bad. In my opinion this is an opportunity where potential has been wasted.

So why did I believe in Austria's qualification? Because anyway it is a song with its energy and because there were too many ballads to compete with each other. Who would have ever imagined, besides MopManMoss (from which I have to get the numbers to play the lottery and make myself rich 😂) the undisputed triumph of ballads?

I had believed in a surprise and controversial elimination of Lithuania. Anyone who has read me in recent months knows what effect the charm of Monika and "Sentimentai" had on me but last night I felt a weak performance, almost the shadow of what we enjoyed until just before the start of the ESC. My personal impression? Maybe.

Lithuania's qualification against Austria lies in one concept: do something simply and within your means rather than exaggerate. Monika, despite the difficulty that I saw, was able to keep her elegance intact and manage her performance while Pia and LUM!X got lost in the light of their halo.

Instead, I am very very happy for Iceland (which has been heavily underestimated). As Malgioglio said last night, the voice of the Systur, albeit with substantial differences, reminds us of ABBA. Exceptional vocality, timeless song and sweet sensations on which you would like to rest gently or, who knows, that make us dream of reaching and discovering a distant frontier.

Portugal left me with those "winning song vibes". If Maro wins my heart will beat fast xheart She deserves.

Very energetic Subwoolfer. Little to say except that the stage in Turin with the sun (or black hole 🤣) behind them went well with the spatial characterization of their characters.

Very underrated Switzerland but it is a winner. The song and Marius himself are strong. I felt emotions and an "old-fashioned" way of making music. As Malgioglio also said, the beautiful Swiss song could also have been sung by Louis Armstrong.

Greece has failed me. I didn't like the staging and vocal distortion but I admit the chorus and lyrics are very powerful. Even with these weaknesses, I have never doubted Amanda's qualification.

Moldova was probably the nation that was best able to impose its performance. The qualification is due to the energy expressed by the group rather than the actual strength of the song.

Armenia was very sweet and gave us very pleasant folk. I don't understand why many underestimate it. For me, she follows what Bulgaria was like last year.

S10 was mathematically sure of the qualification. Even though she was called last it was impossible to doubt her. The song and her voice are very strong. Her performance, like Marius, lets music and emotions speak more rather than staging (which is very minimal).

Ukraine has demonstrated the creative power of their ethnic music which seems to have no limits. I have never felt any equality between "Stefania" and "Shum". The song is truly original: it perfectly mixes Ukrainian musical culture with Rap and Break Dance. They are the opponents to beat.

For the other songs I'm sorry, I liked them but they didn't deserve the qualification.

Honorable mention to the LPS. Their song was special. Perhaps what has held them back is just a little more inexperience.

Last edited:

EscGeek

Veteran
My thoughts on NQ's after re-watching everyone:

:al: - Never liked it, kinda happy it failed.xdiablo It even went from 34th to 36th on my list after live shows.
:lv: - I'm sad this didn't qualify, but deep down i knew that both Moldova and Latvia in the final is not happening as they are targeting the same type of audience. Guys like me and Ringdalen xcookie
:sl: - As expeceted. I'm calling it right now: We were last.xbeach
:bg: - I know I'm the minority of people who love this song, so i'm not surprisedxshrug
:hr: - From my experience, this song needs to be listened a couple of times before it gets appreciated, so that might explain the NQxthink
:dk: - Idk.. i'd be fine either way... They did good. The enthusiastic drummer stole the show once again. xleft
:at: - This was the first time I was worried about the vocal performance of my winner. After seeing that performance in Israel, I was even thinking of stripping Austria the title of my winner and give it to Georgia.xshock1: Thankfully, Pia was vocally fine yesterday. She did her part as good as she could. I'm proud of them. I'll be mourning the loss forever just like Montenegro 2013 (the last time my winner NQ'd and I wasn't ready for it) xcry

Ezio

Veteran
I'm just going to leave this here. It looks like the results leasked and Ukraine are winning this with possibly a record points ttal on Saturday if this is true.

tAJ7X9UzEsrRALQi7aMIM-5GVDa_nYWPKTYd8juOakHlyXgbD4FTOaK8tNztdQ_h1m4tRkt5H4QL-xfC3qLwlGac.jpg
Wtf. Austria 11th with juries and 6th in televoting, 14th overall. Good jk

Loindici

Veteran

debemaks

I'm just going to leave this here. It looks like the results leasked and Ukraine are winning this with possibly a record points ttal on Saturday if this is true.

tAJ7X9UzEsrRALQi7aMIM-5GVDa_nYWPKTYd8juOakHlyXgbD4FTOaK8tNztdQ_h1m4tRkt5H4QL-xfC3qLwlGac.jpg
Oh my god! If they are real... Switzeland 3rd in Juries and 17th dead last with 0 point in televote is just insane! Yesterday Switzerland confirmed the dullness of the song... I was bored after 30s... vocals in the only acute of the song were very weak even though he recoved well.... I'd like to listen to Jury performance because he'd have slayed.... From 9th to 14th place just 4 points! It was very close call!!!
Full available points were 432 (24x18) and Ukraine scored 401!!! WOW

Storm

I understand people complaining about the flood of ballads but what is supposed to advance if the uptempo songs are performed so terribly? If juries would go for stuff like Albania or Austria with these vocal performances, then you could indeed scrap them entirely. :ROFLMAO:

The leak is most likely fake but honestly I would find it completely plausible.

Ezio

Veteran
Memo for Austria: send a drowsy ballad sung by a male ever year, but don’t send Vincent Bueno

hpp0

This leak, although it seems somewhat realistic, is too much in line with what the fandom thinks has happened. Last year there was a leak for the first semi where Israel was 10th and some more results that made complete sense at that time but when the actual result came out it was a completely different situation so I don't really believe any of this for now.

Deleted member 12761

I don't think it's just the juries. Last year the GP also rejected a lot of the fan faves and bops. The ballad performers last night were simply better. I only feel bad for Austria and would've prefered them over Moldova but Moldova's performance was strong. If a performance is good it will make it. An uptempo song doesn't deserve to be in the final just because it's uptempo.

mauve

Veteran
Memo for Austria: send a drowsy ballad sung by a male ever year, but don’t send Vincent Bueno
I really liked "Halo", but not the live version. As for Vincent, I liked also the live version because he can sing. And both didn't qualify. :(

A retrospective now with cold head.

Personally I'm fine with all entries that qualified. In other words I don't care who qualified, except for Ukraine, Netherlands and Greece who should have qualified under any circumstances.

The rest was so bland, generic, unoriginal, and average melodic and vocal wise and as such it is completely irrelevant whether they have qualified or not.

Because none of the rest had standed out with quality, I don't see what justification or excuse juries have for pushing through Iceland or Switzerland over any other ballad. Yeah sweet an all, but nothing better in musical terms than Croatia, Denmark and Slovenia.

The greatest injustice though was served to Denmark. An original song, a piano - rock entry, and her vocal was amazing literally!

Norway and Moldova I understand why they qualified, but I hate literally both. They are the worst ESC clichee for which people mock this contest.

My besties remain Ukraine and Netherlands only.

We were also served yesterday Italian and French performance.

Italy is a disaster really in all segments, and France suffers from extremly bad camera work and editing ruining the atmosphere of the song.

One of the worst ESC's in history incoming.

Yoozek

Norway and Moldova I understand why they qualified

That Moldova dude with the accordion. His face. Mine looks like that after three xanax pills followed by a coffee enema. Same for the guy with the violin. "Am I faking it good enough?". Imho that was the worst one of the night.
Yellow guys on the other hand made me sad in the performance. They hired a guy to stand in place of my... mouthy banana angel. Performace spoiled. Still loved it, though

ag89

The highlight of the night for me was Diodato: OMG, that was stunning. And we managed to see the beauty of the idea with the sun, it was wonderful. He would have won in 2020...Maybe second.

LakZaNokte

A retrospective now with cold head.

Personally I'm fine with all entries that qualified. In other words I don't care who qualified, except for Ukraine, Netherlands and Greece who should have qualified under any circumstances.

The rest was so bland, generic, unoriginal, and average melodic and vocal wise and as such it is completely irrelevant whether they have qualified or not.

Because none of the rest had standed out with quality, I don't see what justification or excuse juries have for pushing through Iceland or Switzerland over any other ballad. Yeah sweet an all, but nothing better in musical terms than Croatia, Denmark and Slovenia.

The greatest injustice though was served to Denmark. An original song, a piano - rock entry, and her vocal was amazing literally!

Norway and Moldova I understand why they qualified, but I hate literally both. They are the worst ESC clichee for which people mock this contest.

My besties remain Ukraine and Netherlands only.

We were also served yesterday Italian and French performance.

Italy is a disaster really in all segments, and France suffers from extremly bad camera work and editing ruining the atmosphere of the song.

One of the worst ESC's in history incoming.
And here I am enjoying this esc after few years feeling like u do now.

So I guess it’s just a phase we all go through :lol:

I had many favs and looking forward to semi2 and finale. xheart

Top Bottom