Contact us

Eurovision Song Contest 2020 – das deutsche Finale live aus der Elbphilharmonie

Mainshow

Veteran
:dk: :is: :lt: will perform live
+ Ben Dolic

The other countries will use the official music videos (or the pre-recorded live videos which had been shown last week when the semi final took place, e.g. :ch:)

mauve

Veteran
I actually didn't know that Denmark's Ben is German!

Jay25

Wow, that staging of Ben was awful... Maybe they should have shown some pictures of Lesbians in the background :D

mauve

Veteran
Wow, that staging of Ben was awful... Maybe they should have shown some pictures of Lesbians in the background :D
Agree. Not very impressive at all. Imagined the staging to be more powerful, but then again, it's not real ESC ... :(

crashworld

Veteran

Hmmm. I think they want to translate what they have on the video on stage. But I think it fell flat. The screen thing reminded me of Dami Im's "Sound of Silence" staging, but it's so awkward to have his back facing the stage for quite a substantial amount of time. The bar set reminded me of Sarah McTernan's staging. I don't really like that they have the dancers at some parts of the performance, because having Ben alone on stage takes the energy out of the song. Very disappointed with the staging. Ben sounds good, but he didn't quite get the vibe of the song right, but it is also due with the poor execution of the staging and the camera angles.

ZwölfPunkte

Voting result Germany:

Jury:
:dk: 1 point
:it: 2
:bg: 3
:az: 4
:se: 5
:ch: 6
:ru: 7
:mt: 8
:lt: 10
:is: 12

Audience:
:az: 1 point
:mt: 2
:ch: 3
:se: 4
:bg: 5
:it: 6
:is: 7
:dk: 8
:ru: 10
:lt: 12

JamieBrown

I had the feeling, the Elbphilharmonie doesn't suit them artists best from the live acoustics. Ben's staging was not great, but I wouldn't conclude it would've looked and sounded the same on a big ESC stage.Daði clearly lost some effort due to the restrictions, but in the end all artists made the best of it. Only seen the live acts, though. Lithuania seems the logical winner. Live performance keeped the power from the NF and a live act does a better impact than the video snippets I guess. In the end it was the best show idea for tonight and I would've watched if I hadn't other plans with my family.

crashworld

Veteran
I mean that's quite true that the staging may look better on the actual big stage, but we never know. The concept is alright (not the best) but it just needs to be tighter.

To be honest, if they did a Switzerland 2019 or Sweden 2018 simple staging, that would have been equally good.

Top Bottom