52 65.8%
  • :ch: Switzerland

26 32.9%
  • :ro: Romania

33 41.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FallenAngelII

I hate SVTPlay. At 00.00 both two nights ago and tonight, the feed that automatically started playing once the semi-final finished cut out and you had to manually find the right video to continue watching the press conference, missing some 1-2 minutes of video.

"You don't have to do anything, just keep watching this feed!" my ass.

Terence

So Armenia draws first half. That means Hungary, Norway, Romania and Georgia automatically will draw second half!

FallenAngelII

NemesisNick

It's now over one and a half hours since the results of the second semi-final were announced. Here's a comparison of my desired qualifiers and the actual finalists:

My desired qualifiers: San Marino, Azerbaijan, Malta, Iceland, Israel, Georgia, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Armenia, Hungary.

Actual qualifiers (in order of announcement): Hungary, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Romania, Norway, Iceland, Armenia, Finland, Malta, Greece.

Bold entries represent the actual qualifiers that match my preferences.

OUT: San Marino, Israel, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Latvia, F.Y.R. Macedonia, Albania.

I've put my reactions to the results in some detail on my blog, but the following is an abridged version.

I'm gutted and deeply upset that neither Israel nor San Marino reached the final. Both were excellent songs which deserved to be in the final. At the other extreme, I am appalled and disgusted that Greece made it through; their entry sounded to me like trash sung by drunken yobs and, in my opinion, didn't deserve its place in the final.

I'm so overjoyed that Iceland's soothing ballad (or should I say lullaby?) qualified, it's the one I most wanted to reach the final tonight and most deserving of its place; I'd like it to be Iceland's first ever win on Saturday. I'm glad Latvia, F.Y.R. Macedonia and Albania are out as I disliked their songs. So that means there'll be no ex-Yugoslav country in this year's final. Who will the five ex-Yugoslav countries (Croatia, F.Y.R. Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia) plus Albania now vote for on Saturday night? They won't be able to vote for each other like they tend to.

Synergise

I just remembered that last year we had a press release with some statistics about the results after the 2nd semi final (such as how there had been a tie for 10th place, which we later found out was between Norway and Bulgaria). Does anyone know if the same thing is happening this year?

Odalis

Ooook boys and girls! Let me tell you that. Was. Epictastic!
As much as I was disappointed with the Semi 1 results (Montenegro, pain of mine) as much I am pleased with this one (Greece, Malta, Iceland, Armenia, Hungary). I thought I’d faint when there was only one spot left and no sign of Greece :D

Greece – take those Balkan votes, take them all in the Finals! 1000% deserved.
Malta – Gianluca is such a warm hearted guy, it showed and people did the right thing to vote for him and his cute little song. 100% deserved.
Iceland – Eyphor, with those puppy eyes you were doomed to qualify :D The song is amazing too. 100% deserved.
Armenia – you showed those haters your song is not as bad as everyone thinks and you delivered on stage. Good job. Thanks for the money I got from betting on your qualification! :lol:
Hungary – that was totally unexpected to me, but I am happy this qualified, well deserved for it’s originality and freshness.
Norway – bad vocals. Very bad vocals. She doesn’t show the emotion that has to accompany this brilliant song, she looks lost and smiling all the time where it’s not needed. But the Final well deserved.
Azerbaijan – that’s how you take a very average song, a very average but cute and sweet singer and make a candy out of it. That is what I call “taking the contest seriously”. Azerbaijan never lets me down, thanks for that. So deserved.
Finland – that just was fun. Again, that is how you take a crappy song and turn it into something extremely entertaining by simply asking the right singer to perform it. Krista, it’s all your merit!

Now about the dark side:

Georgian cheese is not too good. This is taking someone else’s spot in the finals.
Romania. No comment. I wanted to cover my eyes and plug my ears throughout these horrifying 3 minutes that felt like 3 years to me.

Non-qualifiers:

San Marino – I’m really sorry, it was a good effort. Hope you won’t withdraw.
Macedonia – Esma ruined the whole thing with her horrid vocals. Lozano with no Esma the next year, please, he is amazing (and Nina Zizic with something as energetic as Igranka, without Who See, yeah I’m talking to you, Montenegro!).
Bulgaria – I adore the song but Elitsa looked lost, tired and frightened, vocals sounded bad and a great show didn’t help it. Cameras also caught few awkward seconds when she was nervously putting a mic into a pocket real fast to catch the moment she had to grab the drumsticks. I’m sorry.
Albania – the guitar guy ruined it all, I knew it from the start, he’s uncharismatic and possesses dreadful vocals, why did they make him sing in the first place? I love the song nevertheless, but it wasn’t convincing.
Israel – I am sorry girl, but your song is only great to listen to, you are not great to look at, that whale dress looks ugly and disgustingly vulgar, Eurovision doesn’t forgive vulgarity. I am not making you lose weight, I’m only begging you to start dressing appropriate to your body structure and age for goodness sake!
Switzerland – it was off key, it looked dull, it just was bad, nothing more to say. You did have a good catchy song on your hands, wtf?
Latvia – I kinda like you, guys. You’re fun and full of good energy and you give a hell of an interview! I enjoy your song too but let’s face it, Eurovision Does. Not. Like. Rap. Sorry. Better luck next time!

That’s it, I am happy and Greece pulling out a spot in the second half has made me even happier! Good night everybody! x12s

Steffan

1) OMG San Marino :(

2) How on earth did Romania qualify... Like... How? I mean, I just can not see what type of people would vote for this song... Not even the juries, I mean that was just awful... WTF?

3) How on earth did Israel not qualify... Like... How? I mean they have such a strong lobby/diaspora and their song was a ballad which usually do well, she sand well and even if the people didn't like it, the jury was supposed to give her that final push as she has a really good voice...

4) Sweden, just send Agnes already >,>

NemesisNick

*QUALIFIER* Greece: Please don't qualify. Please don't qualify. Please don't qualify.
Well said FallenAngelII! You evidently hated Greece's entry as much as I did. I've already said it sounded to me like trash sung by drunken yobs. Is that what you thought too?

However I notice you also guessed that they'd nonetheless qualify against your wishes. As I waiting for the 10th finalist to be announced, I was hoping it would be Israel or San Marino (or failing that Switzerland). I was appalled and disgusted when they called out "Greece". As far as I'm concerned, San Marino or Israel deserved that 10th place that Greece took.

Top Bottom