52 65.8%
  • :ch: Switzerland

26 32.9%
  • :ro: Romania

33 41.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Odalis

2) How on earth did Romania qualify... Like... How? I mean, I just can not see what type of people would vote for this song... Not even the juries, I mean that was just awful... WTF?

People got so scared with his looks so decided to grab phones and vote so this creature doesn't chase them for the rest of their lives :D

3) How on earth did Israel not qualify... Like... How? I mean they have such a strong lobby/diaspora and their song was a ballad which usually do well, she sand well and even if the people didn't like it, the jury was supposed to give her that final push as she has a really good voice...

I'm sorry, looks matter.

Krista Siegfrids' lesbian kiss says hi...

Krista's kiss lasted 2 seconds and didn't overshadow the impressions on 3 minutes of her performance.
I'm sure many people were too busy just starring at Moran's dress, cleavage, diamonds, so theiy just missed the song.

EvNickGR

Well said FallenAngelII! You evidently hated Greece's entry as much as I did. I've already said it sounded to me like trash sung by drunken yobs. Is that what you thought too?

However I notice you also guessed that they'd nonetheless qualify against your wishes. As I waiting for the 10th finalist to be announced, I was hoping it would be Israel or San Marino (or failing that Switzerland). I was appalled and disgusted when they called out "Greece". As far as I'm concerned, San Marino or Israel deserved that 10th place that Greece took.

I'm laughing everytime you say and people say, that was Greece's fault that Israel and San Marino didn't pass...omg! When the full results will be out, you will see that Greece was top4 in the 2nd semi and you will shut up and you'll respect the results.

HEAON

Can i ask something?
If a country wants to use fireworks/fires does it has to pay for that? or the organization offers them for free ?

Odalis

As far as i know, countries pay for the special effects themselves. If you have seen interview with Hanna Mancini this year, she was asked if they're going to use any pyro, she said that she'd love to but that's very expencive. That's why some countries put special effects on hold during rehearsals and use them only on a big night, every flash, boom, bang, fire shot, wind machine minute costs money.

FallenAngelII

3) How on earth did Israel not qualify... Like... How? I mean they have such a strong lobby/diaspora and their song was a ballad which usually do well, she sand well and even if the people didn't like it, the jury was supposed to give her that final push as she has a really good voice...
Either the Israeli disapora is highly exaggerated or they don't vote for the Israeli entry on masse simply because it is Israeli. Israel has failed to qualify for the final 3 years in a row now. They also failed to qualify to the final in 2004 and 2007.

Well said FallenAngelII! You evidently hated Greece's entry as much as I did. I've already said it sounded to me like trash sung by drunken yobs. Is that what you thought too?

However I notice you also guessed that they'd nonetheless qualify against your wishes. As I waiting for the 10th finalist to be announced, I was hoping it would be Israel or San Marino (or failing that Switzerland). I was appalled and disgusted when they called out "Greece". As far as I'm concerned, San Marino or Israel deserved that 10th place that Greece took.
Greece will never not qualify, ever. They won their semi-final with "Watch My Dance" and got 2nd with "OPA!". They could send a stripper rapping insults at the audience and they'd still qualify because the Greek diaspora voting is so strong they will never get few enough points from everyone else not to qualify.

With only one spot in the final left to go, I was hoping Greece wouldn't make it, but I knew that it there was a distinct possibility they'd make the final as the 10th qualifier and they did.

I'm laughing everytime you say and people say, that was Greece's fault that Israel and San Marino didn't pass...omg! When the full results will be out, you will see that Greece was top4 in the 2nd semi and you will shut up and you'll respect the results.
The implication here is not that Greece was 10th in total points, but that since they didn't really deserve to qualify (according to Nick), them qualifying meant a country which deserved to qualify (according to Nick) lost out.

I'd love to hear you defend "Watch My Dance" winning its semi-final.

ethn

Greece will never not qualify, ever. They won their semi-final with "Watch My Dance" and got 2nd with "OPA!". They could send a stripper rapping insults at the audience and they'd still qualify because the Greek diaspora voting is so strong they will never get few enough points from everyone else not to qualify.

With only one spot in the final left to go, I was hoping Greece wouldn't make it, but I knew that it there was a distinct possibility they'd make the final as the 10th qualifier and they did.

can you be kind enough to let me know (cause I dont have the figures, and I am not aware of how to find them ) how many people (approximately) vote lets say for the 1st song in a semi...?In particular for WATCH MY DANCE./ Or THE SECOND PLACE WITH opa...?After that, i can fully defend whatever you want us to defend...............(I can do it even right now, but just for the sake of objectivity, I would love to see-if possible- the actual figures) just to prove you wrong :) Thanx!

HEAON

As far as i know, countries pay for the special effects themselves. If you have seen interview with Hanna Mancini this year, she was asked if they're going to use any pyro, she said that she'd love to but that's very expencive. That's why some countries put special effects on hold during rehearsals and use them only on a big night, every flash, boom, bang, fire shot, wind machine minute costs money.

Thanks for helping :D

EvNickGR

The implication here is not that Greece was 10th in total points, but that since they didn't really deserve to qualify (according to Nick), them qualifying meant a country which deserved to qualify (according to Nick) lost out.

So many excuses my dear, because Greece goes well and you hate us cause of this. As for ''Watch My dance''? See the performance on youtube and you will understand. Or maybe not? Unfortunately no. But you will in time.

Odalis

Ask Turkey and Armenia about their strong diaspora vs. 2011 horrors like "Boom Boom Chaka Chaka" and "Live It Up" (though i like 'Live It Up' but i can clearly see why it didn't make it through).
Before that people were oh so sure that nothing can stop those countries on their way to the finals. Like EVER.
Come on, the time will come for everybody to fail, Russia will fail oneday, Ukraine and Greece will too, the only country i am 100% sure about is Azerbaijan but only if they keep taking the contest as seriously as they do now.

FallenAngelII

can you be kind enough to let me know (cause I dont have the figures, and I am not aware of how to find them ) how many people (approximately) vote lets say for the 1st song in a semi...?In particular for WATCH MY DANCE./ Or THE SECOND PLACE WITH opa...?After that, i can fully defend whatever you want us to defend...............(I can do it even right now, but just for the sake of objectivity, I would love to see-if possible- the actual figures) just to prove you wrong :) Thanx!
I have no idea what you just asked me to do because that was barely English, but if you want to know how many points Greece got from the televoters in their semi-finals in those two specific years, Wikipedia those years' Eurovision entries. The split televoting/jury results are available on there.

So many excuses my dear, because Greece goes well and you hate us cause of this. As for ''Watch My dance''? See the performance on youtube and you will understand. Or maybe not? Unfortunately no. But you will in time.
See, this is why I generally dislike dealing with Greek/Cypriot fans on these forums. You're all vehemently against any mention of the Greek-Cypriot 12-swap and how Greece is one of the countries that benefit the most from diaspora voting.

I don't mind Greece doing well... when they send good entries. I wanted "My Number One" to win. Heck, I wanted "My Secret Combination" to win (though I wanted "Shady Lady" to win more). I didn't actually mind "Aphrodisiac" as much as everyone else seemed to last year, only she wasn't very good live.

Fact of the matter, though, is that Greece will never fail to qualify. In 2004, Sakis Rouvas basically whispered throughout his entire performance. Either his microphone malfunctioned or he had problems hearing himself but we could barely hear him, at all. Usually, this result in non-qualification. In Sakis' case, this resulted in 3rd place in the semi-final.

In 2011, "Watch My Dance" featuring the worst rapper in the history of Eurovision (even worse than Daz Sampson! Somehow!) got 1st with televoters, a whopping 30 points ahead of Azerbaijan (who'd go on to win the entire contest). The juries rightfully put Greece a barely qualifying at 9th. The year before that, Greece also managed to win their semi-final with "OPA!", though oly by 2 points. That semi-final was strangely close (among the Top-not-1), however, so the juries had Greece as #3, only 3 points ahead of #4 and 13 points ahead of #5, but 66 points behind #1.

Of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with diaspora voting. Greece isn't one of the biggest beneficiaries from diaspora voting, at all! They always do as well as they do on talent alone!

EvNickGR

^ Dear FallenAngel this is so tedious.. You are blaming Greek-Cyprus 12 points, as if you don't know that Cyprus is like ''our island'' and conversely ...Go and protest then.
Second, Sakis roused the whole arena and if you think he has no voice, come and see him here. As for Watch my dance, you can't judge only one part of the song, the rest was amazing and Loukas voice was one of the best in 2011. Diaspera helps a little, Greece and i will say it for the last time has only in GERMANY, BELGIUM AND U.K the diaspora which can affect the outcome!!

EvNickGR

^Say whatever you want. Whisper? Whisper. But sexy whisper which made the arena been shaked.

FallenAngelII

^Say whatever you want. Whisper? Whisper. But sexy whisper which made the arena been shaked.
Yeah, OK. Whatever. Greece always dose well (always!!!!) because they always send in top quality entries that are always really, really good. Yeah, sure.

ethn

@FallenAngelII

Kindly excuse my bad english which seems that cannot meet your high standards.......I strongly apologise

Other than that,as you asked me, I checked and I confirmed that all this smart talk about diaspora is pure crap. But at this stage, I am too bored to elaborate further......Sorry................I have to make arrangements for celebrating with friends tonight our great (diaspora to blame for sure) result xheya

Greece in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nicholas123

Sakis Rouvas whispering

That performance got 3rd in its semi-final. 3rd. Yeah. I rest my case.

I did not like it either, but this song was so much voted... I mean, ALL the countries-even those that do not usually vote 4 us-gave us some points.
That being said, even if i'm not a fan of this entry, i can not blame diaspora or political voting for the 3rd place. It was obviously liked by many ppl. End of story!

Terence

VALENTINA FINISHED 11th.......... poor girl!!!

Synergise

Semi 2 Results:
1) Azerbaijan - 139
2) Greece - 121
3) Norway - 120
4) Malta - 118
5) Romania - 83
6) Iceland - 72
7) Armenia - 69
8) Hungary - 66
9) Finland - 64
10) Georgia - 63
11) San Marino - 47
12) Bulgaria - 45
13) Switzerland - 41
14) Israel - 40
15) Albania - 31
16) FYR Macedonia - 28
17) Latvia - 13

Terence

Latvia... is that their third last place in the semifinal or what? Not that they deserved better but in a way I feel for them!

Top Bottom