• :ro: Romania

33 41.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Schedule for first rehearsals:
20px35k.jpg

(times are in CEST [CET summer] time zone)

All first rehearsals are closed for the accredited press and fans, but can be followed at the Euroclub.

Please don't forget to check this thread and 1st post because it will be updated with rehearsals YT links and polls (Which rehearsal was the best for each day) every day. :D

time_icon-40x40.jpg
Time zones:
18:00 Sydney
16:00 Novosibirsk
13:00 Baku
12:00 Moscow, Tbilisi, Yerevan
11:00 Athens, Bucharest, Bratislava, Helsinki, Istanbul, Kyiv, Jerusalem
10:00 Malmö, Beograd, Berlin, Budapest, Madrid, Oslo, Paris, Rome
09:00 Dublin, Lisbon, London
08:00 Reykjavik
05:00 Rio de Janeiro
04:00 New York, Toronto
01:00 LA​

aletem

Re: EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2013: REHEARSALS (Semi-Final 2)

Looking forward to see if Esma will sound good tomorrow! :D Hopefully she is ready! :lol:

Terence

Looking forward for San Marino, Azerbaijan, Finland, Iceland and my country today!

Jukica

(Retired) Admin

Don't forget to check the coverage by our ESCunited team and our Twitter account :D I'm off to work in few mins, see ya tonight xwave

Terence

Thanks, and well done for the great job you're doing, muchly appreciated xx

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

My goodness, i'm going to die today and go to heaven. Valentina, Esma and Elitsa! This is too much for me to handlexheat

Waterfall

Come on :ge: Just glad I got my bets in before the odds get waaay slashed tomorrow :D

StellaStai

My goodness, i'm going to die today and go to heaven. Valentina, Esma and Elitsa! This is too much for me to handlexheat

From ESC NATION:

San Marino

The much awaited for choreography, but it's basically their preview video put onto a stage (well just the Valentina parts, no old woman wearing a paper bag sadly). Valentina holds the illuminating crystal ball, or gooseberry or whatever, but when she sets it down there's a rather noticeable hole in the bottom for the battery to go in. The change of rhythm part involves the silent backing dancers coming to life and helping her strip into the red sheet - it's all very red from that moment on. It's also very, very Andorran. Her vocals are fine, but I can't stop expecting Anabel Conde to come behind her and add some shrieks.

Second runthrough lasted about thirty seconds, Monetta had some sort of problem, possibly with her glowball, and asked the director to stop. They didn't stop though, for another twenty seconds or so. Rude.

Third go lasted all three minutes. On closer attention to the backing dancers, they're starting lying face down and folded, then raising very slowly as if they're doing some sort of yoga. After the beatchange they have their own (smaller) red sheets and are basically two mini-Valentinas. Overall it seems that they've learned of last year's mistake of overchoreography, but Valentina still seems too focused on her vocals to actually interact with the cameras.

Last runthrough and there's a bit more camera interaction this time - they must be aware of the fact that they really need to work on this. But they still have a long way to go. :( :)

Bakinka

Farid's glass podium of passion

Malmö, Sweden - Farid Mammadov had his first rehearsal today in Malmö with Hold Me, and we were there to follow his progress backtage and in the arena. With a completely new routine there were many surprises for us!
Backstage, Farid was calm, cool and collected. His sound check went well and he was surrounded by media as he walked to the stage.

He had time to tell us that he was looking forward to standing on the stage and gave a big thank you to Malmö for the warm welcome he had received.

There was some time before the rehearsal, so Farid had some time to check the stage out and watch a bit of the previous rehearsal.

In a simplistic yet sophisticated performance, Farid is accompanied on stage by two dancers. The male dancer performs acrobatics in a transparent glass box that serves as a podium for Farid in the first part of the song. The girl appears later playing the role of a mysterious symbol of Farid's emotional drama.

Farid's staging was conceived by Fokas Evangelinos, the legendary stage director who has become famous for his work with such Eurovision artists as Helena Paparizou, Ani Lorak, Dima Bilan and Sakis Rouvas.

“The glass box symbolizes the logic in our lives. But, inside logic there’s a whole another world, full of passion, emotions, and love. When you’re in love, sometimes you may find your life and soul upside down,” comments Fokas on the creative idea.

Azerbaijan: First Rehearsal

The stage colours are purples and pinks symbolising the passion within the song and the very complex performance. Later on in the performance when the girl joins Farid on stage, the glass box fills with pink petals that really add to the fiery nature of this ballad as the two dancers interact.

Simon87

What happened to his voice he is so insecure :eek:

Terence

In a way I'm glad they are only showing parts of the rehearsals... now I'm anticipating the second rehearsals even more!!!!

ciccu

Malta looking great....:) ..... If this dosn't pass semi ,eUROVISION IS FINISHED FOR ME.... IF PASS TOP 10 FOR SURE........ BUT I'M SEEING PAST WITH COLOURS IN SEMI FINAL 2

Terence

Iceland, WOW! Excellent job!

Semifinal 2 is already miles ahead of semifinal 1 at this point, with Iceland, Azerbaijan, Finland, Malta and San Marino at this point!

Smudy

Add Bulgaria with all those traditional elements (love it)
Minus Finland and we are there.

SRBIJA

Banned

From ESC NATION:

San Marino

The change of rhythm part involves the silent backing dancers coming to life and helping her strip into the red sheet - it's all very red from that moment on. It's also very, very Andorran.

What? :confused:

bashers

Latvia - trying to be cool but so not. Shocking! San Marino - expecting big things! Azerbaijan - Good. Liking the box! M.Y.R Macedonia - Such a shame she's there! He's got a cracking voice! Finland - Like the choreography and it's fun! Iceland - effective lighthouse but not sure the whole song has much impact. Malta - The song is SO cute! Bruno Mars eat your heart out. Bulgaria - not my cup of tea! Semi 1 is so far the best!

Steffan

OMG the EBU killed the escXtra stream :(

LalehForWD

^ No surprise really, they got warned well ahead. I even think they were on the edge in Baku as well.

Steffan

^ No surprise really, they got warned well ahead. I even think they were on the edge in Baku as well.

They were turning the sound off during the rehearsals, just as they were told... They must have turned it off a few seconds too late or something... Boog

Top Bottom