Contact us

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2013: Semifinal 1 - VOTE IN THE POLL!

SEMI 1: Who will qualify?

• :at: Austria

42 44.7%
  • :ee: Estonia

38 40.4%
  • :sl: Slovenia

12 12.8%
  • :hr: Croatia

29 30.9%
  • :dk: Denmark

70 74.5%
  • :ru: Russia

63 67.0%
  • :ua: Ukraine

67 71.3%
  • :nl: Netherlands

62 66.0%
  • :me: Montenegro

31 33.0%
  • :lt: Lithuania

18 19.1%
  • :by: Belarus

44 46.8%
  • :md: Moldova

56 59.6%
  • :ie: Ireland

52 55.3%
  • :cy: Cyprus

13 13.8%
  • :be: Belgium

25 26.6%
  • :rs: Serbia

38 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AdelAdel

I have to agree with Nick about Montenegro, but I'm not into arguing. You could ask all the music experts in the world about the song of Montenegro and I bet that the vast majority would say it is not a genuine musical piece. The same cannot be said about Moldova.

doctormalisimo

I have to agree with Nick about Montenegro, but I'm not into arguing. You could ask all the music experts in the world about the song of Montenegro and I bet that the vast majority would say it is not a genuine musical piece. The same cannot be said about Moldova.

in what way was it not a genuine musical piece? Just because you dont like it doesn't make it an invalid entry. Experts? Who the f*** classifies themselves as an expert in musical taste?

AdelAdel

in what way was it not a genuine musical piece? Just because you dont like it doesn't make it an invalid entry. Experts? Who the f*** classifies themselves as an expert in musical taste?

Who? Common sense?

Oh wait... you're in NSC, I forgot you don't know the meaning of this expression :lol:

Tinchey

You're confusing "original, authentic" with "automatically good" and "makes for interesting TV". Being "original and authentic" does not automatically make a song good. Also, even if a song is good, it doesn't mean it will automatically make for good TV.

You know why Croatia didn't qualify and why I knew for a fact they wouldn't? Because their performance was boring. And that often nets you something close to last place. None of the performers really tried to connect to the TV audience. They were either staring into space or at each other. It was also choir singing, which doesn't really make for riveting TV. Joe Blow, often watching the contest with friends and/or family, will instantly stop paying attention and start talking with their friends and/or family if they come across a boring entry, probably about how great some other entry they just saw was.

You could literally not look at the screen and miss absolutely nothing. Sure, it sounds nice, but at the end of the day, how many people who don't speak Croatian are going to remember them after hearing and seeing them (do absolutely nothing but sand around singing) only once?

You cannot in 2013 come to Eurovision and do what Croatia did and expect to do well, especially not in a semi-final with entries that were visually spectacular or at least interesting. Is it fair? Perhaps not. Not it's how things are nowadays.

Also, what entries besides Croatia's do you claim were "original, authentic"?

Montenegro, Slovenia and Serbia. All three were nothing like anything we've seen before.

blein

By the way
I don't understand why Petra made 2 jokes about Norway in semifinal 1
do swedish fights with norway people?

dezbee2008

Lithuania: how come? How come 3 years in a row Lithuania sends something totally indigestible and manages to get through?

I know! I don't get that. Lithuania really hadn't sent something good since 2009 imo. I guess that's trolling for you.

DanielLuis

I have to say I really don't like the venue, stage or lighting. Everything this year looks so dark and cramped. The green room carpet was an awful brown mess and everything looks so gloomy and dark. I much prefer the open nature of Azerbaijan and Dusseldorf. Although the audience was better in Stockholm than Azerbaijan.

Overall I am pretty disappointed with what the Swedes have done. Even Petra Mede seems like a bad choice. Her style is really weird and awkward. Give me Gina Dirawi any day.

Malmo :mad: :lol:
I liked Petra's style. Her way of talking is weird, but actually cool. I thought the staging in general was amazing.

vavera4ka

Montenegro, Slovenia and Serbia. All three were nothing like anything we've seen before.
and maybe it was a good thing that it wasn't seen before...

i have never seen anyone crap on stage and then put that on their face, but i'm not going to be praising anyone who does that because it would be "authentic" and "original" and "nobody's ever done it before"

Slovenia is a mix of Madonna and Gaga... so idk how you never saw it before...
Serbia... it reminded me of a kindergarten Alice in Wonderland play (lol don't ask why)
the cosmonauts on stage... i've seen it... Russian group Mango-Mango did something in that sort.

so yeah... nothing original or authentic... unless Montenegro is indeed on Mars and those where theur folk costumes and music was inspired by the motives of the past

AAore

Wow, I just realized that Lithuania has sent the best songs two years in a row now! Love is blind and Something are two greaat songss!! :D

NemesisNick

Re: EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2013: REHEARSALS (Semi-Final 1) [STARTING TODAY!!!]

Well folks, how much longer before we get an equivalent of this thread for semi-final 2? I've listened to my ESC 2013 CD double album in full earlier today and am now listening to it again in full. Based on my latest listenings to the CD album, I'm now almost ready to reveal a list of which countries I'd like to qualify, and which countries I'd like to see eliminated, in tomorrow's second semi-final. I'd also like to be able to cast my votes for who should qualify in a multiple choice poll similar to the now closed one on this thread.

cgorac

This is how Australia voted for there top 3 songs in the Eurovison first semi final broad cast tonight...Australia was part of the action, voting and rating the contestants of Semi Final 1 on the SBS Eurovision website. The top rated country was Denmark with 32,578 points, followed by Montenegro with 22,562 points and Ireland in third place with 21,916 points.

Synergise

Results of the First Semi:
1) Denmark - 167
2) Russia - 156
3) Ukraine - 140
4) Moldova - 95
5) Belgium - 75
6) Netherlands - 75
7) Belarus - 64
8) Ireland - 54
9) Lithuania - 53
10) Estonia - 52