Contact us

EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2013: Semifinal 1 - VOTE IN THE POLL!

SEMI 1: Who will qualify?

• :at: Austria

42 44.7%
  • :ee: Estonia

38 40.4%
  • :sl: Slovenia

12 12.8%
  • :hr: Croatia

29 30.9%
  • :dk: Denmark

70 74.5%
  • :ru: Russia

63 67.0%
  • :ua: Ukraine

67 71.3%
  • :nl: Netherlands

62 66.0%
  • :me: Montenegro

31 33.0%
  • :lt: Lithuania

18 19.1%
  • :by: Belarus

44 46.8%
  • :md: Moldova

56 59.6%
  • :ie: Ireland

52 55.3%
  • :cy: Cyprus

13 13.8%
  • :be: Belgium

25 26.6%
  • :rs: Serbia

38 40.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macmillanandwife

I was so surprised that Belgium and Lithuania qualified. I wish Austria went through :(. I liked her performance. I got 8/10 right as well. I just notice that if Macedonia doesn't qualify, then it will be the first time that none of the countries that made up Yugoslavia will participate in the final. Now here's the million dollar (or euro) question: Who will Greece give their 12 points if they get into the final?

FallenAngelII

Who will Greece vote for should they get into the final?
Everyone gets to vote in the final, even the entries that don't make it to the final. And Cyprus has failed to qualify for the final 6 out of 10 times since the semi-finals were first introduced (3 out of 5 since the concept of two semi-finals were first introduced), so it's not like it'll be new for them to not have Cyprus to accompany them in the finals.

hijirio

Veteran
Now here's the million dollar (or euro) question: Who will Greece give their 12 points if they get into the final?

One of the big 6 again maybe? :p
Big 6 have great songs this year.

JackBauer

The poor Western Balkans people who watched eurovision every year just for the pleasure of loosing all their phones credit on votes for their neighbourgs will get very confused on saturday. (+the ones in Austria & Switzerland )

I predict a lot of points for France, the Netherlands & Russia, just because of flag ressemblance:)).

Seriously, this year for a lot of countries we will see what usual people actually...like instead of crazy voters stealing their votes away by phoning 100 times.

I do not wish any harm to Armenia & Albania , but if they failed too, most of the Western and Balkans's votes this year are going to be, well i don't know ...Unpredictable ?

I don't know about you but the idea of France, Slovenia, Belgium, Croatia giving their 12's & 10's to Ukraine, Moldova, the Netherlands, Denmark etc, sounds really refreshing for me

WhoKnows

When will the starting positions in the final be decided?

The qualifying countries from Semi 1 already drew whether they'll perform in the first or second half. I'm assuming the exact order will be decided after Semi 2 results.

aura

@ Austrian-Fans

We knew it from the beginning that we do not get into the final.
Fair was this competition 15 years ago when I was a kid.

It has already been admitted in interviews that you can buy votes for money. It is only a political issue, which concerns how the economy for power and money. There are also some in the finals are really good, but unfortunately, that were a lot worse. At the end, i don't understand why Austria competes again and not simply drop out.

NemesisNick

It's now over an hour and a half since the 10 qualifiers were announced, but anyway, here they are again:

My desired qualifiers: Austria, Croatia, Denmark, Russia, Belarus, Cyprus, Slovenia, The Netherlands, Ireland, Belgium.

Actual qualifiers (in order of announcement): Moldova, Lithuania, Ireland, Estonia, Belarus, Denmark, Russia, Belgium, Ukraine, The Netherlands.

Bold entries represent the actual qualifiers that match my preferences.

OUT: Austria, Croatia, Cyprus, Slovenia, Serbia, Montenegro.

I'm gutted that Austria and Croatia are out (I voted for Croatia). I'd have also liked Cyprus to have gone through and I'm disappointed they're out. On the other hand I'm shocked Lithuania are through, and would rather Estonia and Ukraine hadn't qualified.

I'm glad Denmark and Russia are through, I thought they were excellent. Also I'm glad to see Belarus through, the dance routine for their entry will be a chance for Eurovision fans to get up, join in and copy the dance routine (or to put it another way an adult kids' Boogie Beebies big video). I'm extremely glad that Montenegro's utter garbage is out, their entry would have been a disgrace to the final had it qualified. To a lesser degree I'm glad Serbia is out as I didn't think much of their entry.

I've given more detailed comments about who's through and who's out on my blog; if you're interested please check it out.

JackBauer

People need to stop complaining about Eurovision.

Yes there is friendly voting, yes some awful song do well and good ones fail every year but that's still fun.

And if a big 5 with very few friends like Germany can win the televote, i don't know who can't ?

aura

Sure, it's fun and you should not take this competition seriously, but on the other hand, it costs money. It's just a shame that all this has changed.

Synergise

@ Austrian-Fans

We knew it from the beginning that we do not get into the final.
Fair was this competition 15 years ago when I was a kid.

It has already been admitted in interviews that you can buy votes for money. It is only a political issue, which concerns how the economy for power and money. There are also some in the finals are really good, but unfortunately, that were a lot worse. At the end, i don't understand why Austria competes again and not simply drop out.
It wasn't politics this time. I loved the Austrian entry (it was probably my 4th favourite), but the staging killed this song. There was absolutely no oomph in the performance to make it stand out (like at the Austrian national final), and combined with a poor position in the running order, it struggled. That, and Estonia probably absorbed most of Austria's vote (similar job, done better).

aura

@ Syn

Right. It was a bit boring. It is simply incomprehensible to me why there have been so few calls or SMS. It would be for such a small country like Austria and with such a weak background just makes sense there no longer participate. I do not know anyone in my circle who thinks we should continue to participate. We are pleased that there are still countries know the Austria. * ggg *

I apologize for any mistakes ever. My English is not very well.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Eveything I've seen tonight has just reinforced my belief that Denmark is winning this on Saturday. Great performance, fans going crazy and a late draw.

moop

Eveything I've seen tonight has just reinforced my belief that Denmark is winning this on Saturday. Great performance, fans going crazy and a late draw.

fans were going crazy because half the audience was danish

Tinchey

I feel like originality isn't appreciated in ESC... so many original, authentic entries failed yet so many copy-paste, cheesy ones qualified. :(

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
fans were going crazy because half the audience was danish

Fans were going crazy because they love the song.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
What a night, it was fun standing right in the center of the action (when Loreen walked into the audience). The arena was full with Danish people so it didn't come as a surprise it received the biggest cheers (expect the same with Norway on Thursday). Our team predicted 9/10 only missing Lithuania...(we thought Serbia would make it).
Overall I am very satisfied with the outcome. Granted I wanted Cyprus & Montenegro in the Finals but figured it would be rather unlikely.

We ran into Hannah from Slovenia and she seemed to be a good sport about everything which makes it really difficult seeing her go. It's rough watching these singers and delegation work and then having to head home early. As you could imagine, the Dutch folks went apeshit.

So overall a decent outcome but a sad day for the Balkan countries, it seems that there won't be any this year (Macedonia wont' qualify obviously).

Top Bottom