Contact us

Eurovision song contest 2010 - Second semi-final DISCUSSION

LadyKiller

Banned
Overall I enjoyed this evening since my No1-Turkey and my No2-Ukraine, made it to the final along with some other entries I liked but didn't have high hopes, since they were considered outsiders.

I thought the best performance was given by Georgia and if anyone deserved it most, it was this entry.
Unfortunately I was left with a bitter taste due to the fact that Croatia won't be in the final and that is so unfair. It's unfair because Croatia was no Slovakia. We had a Slovakia case in this semi but this case actually made it to the final, although it shouldn't have.

So if I count the :( and the :D of this second semi the result is almost :D !

aletem

I have to say that overall this semi-final was much, much better than the first one. It looked tough and interesting till the very end:

Most positive surprises:
Georgia: It was wonderful! The dynamics of the song was what it really hit me. There were movements, powerful vocals, red and white looks perfect on stage, the choreography was simple, but superb. Deserved qualifier and glad it was the first envelope. :D
Cyprus: Another positive surprise. I thought he gave an incredible performance. The chorus looked easy to remember and I singed along. :lol: Belgium watch out!!
Romania: When the going gets tough, the tough get going. It was an effectively smashing performance. Loved it! :D
Great:
Denmark: Simple, glad that they didn't change anything from the NF. It looked very catchy, the performance was effective. Deserved to qualify and I'm glad that they were the last country drawn.
Armenia: She was vocally a bit faulty, but overall very powerful performance. She has a great draw and for me she is a potential winner. The song stood out!
Ukraine: She sang great!!! I liked the idea of her standing there alone, it worked pretty good. I'm happy for Ukraine! :D

Now:
Azerbaijan: I felt that she was under a lot of pressure, because she is one of the favorites to win the whole thing. I liked the performance and glad that she is wearing high heels. If she gives a vocally outstanding performance on Saturday, #1 will be #1.
Croatia: I liked the dresses, the bench (I have a similar bench in my back yard :lol: ) and it looked pretty good. The vocals weren't good and this got lost between Cyprus and Georgia. They would have qualified in the first semi-final.
Turkey: Bad vocals (especially the random shouting near the end), but a great choreography. I like the effects, the robot was pretty cool. I like it more than in the first presentation.
Ireland: Vocally she was great. To me it looked very boring and too plain. Anyway congratulations and they are back in the finals.
Bulgaria: I thought everything looked nice, but I guess not enough to stand out. Also the first semi-final would have worked more for them.
Israel: It was a good performance, good vocals, but not great. Israel has a great draw for the final and Harel has to work more to get a great placement. For a moment I thought he would miss out. In conclusion, he was good!
Netherlands: She did her best. It looked great and it was fun, but I knew it. Not something it would appeal to everyone.
Lithuania: I think with all those fake guitars, it looked messy. Just when I was about to buy their performance. I don't think their vocals were good either. Their own fault for not passing the semi.
Slovenia: I think the vocals were pretty good and thats all I can say here. It was the 100% nonqualifier. My guess is that they collected only 1 point, but we will see that on Saturday.
Sweden: Sorry fans of this song, but the whole thing looked vague on stage. It was the first time I thought Sweden does not deserve a final and they missed it. It was too monotone to qualify. After her performance I knew she will miss it. Her vocals weren't that great. When you sum all of it, I don't think she even ended 11th.

chikos_2011

LadyKiller said:
Overall I enjoyed this evening since my No1-Turkey and my No2-Ukraine, made it to the final along with some other entries I liked but didn't have high hopes, since they were considered outsiders.

I thought the best performance was given by Georgia and if anyone deserved it most, it was this entry.
Unfortunately I was left with a bitter taste due to the fact that Croatia won't be in the final and that is so unfair. It's unfair because Croatia was no Slovakia. We had a Slovakia case in this semi but this case actually made it to the final, although it shouldn't have.

lol dont hold back it was clearly denmark you were talking bout :lol:

was a shame to see croatia go, but i think it was because of ballad overload, georgias ballad simply outshone it, because of the crisp vocals and original concept. so while croatias performance was a lot better than some, i just think it was caught in traffic

Blush

FINAL DRAW

01 AZERBAIJAN
02 SPAIN
03 NORWAY
04 MOLDOVA
05 CYPRUS
06 BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA
07 BELGIUM
08 SERBIA
09 BELARUS
10 IRELAND
11 GREECE
12 UNITED KINGDOM
13 GEORGIA
14 TURKEY
15 ALBANIA
16 ICELAND
17 UKRAINE
18 FRANCE
19 ROMANIA
20 RUSSIA
21 ARMENIA
22 GERMANY
23 PORTUGAL
24 ISRAEL
25 DENMARK

Milos-BC

This semi was much better than the first one. The overall impression was much much better.

I really enjoyed it a lot. I got 8 out of 10 qualifiers correctly, which is better than the first semi where I got 7. I told you there were going to be surprises in this semi, and I was right. Sweden's failure is something I surely didn't expect :shock: I thought she will be the "Yohanna" of the year, everything was just PERFECT. A friend I was watching the show with also said that the song stands out........but I guess it was just drown in the pool of so many ballads :( As for the Croatian failure, well I didn't expect that, even though I was in the minority and said that I don't like the song THAT much, but they deserved the final more than the boring Cypriot entry imo. So much hype killed them.

Feel sorry for Lithuania and Switzerland too :(

And I am especially happy Ireland made it :D Niamh was P-E-R-F-E-C-T :cool: as well as Romania, they were one of the best ones last night.

My guess is that Turkey is winning the grand final. They were really awesome, and I can see the votes coming from each and every country in the final. Azerbaijan was good on stage, but with the draw no.1 I think they hardly have a chance to win. Armenia was great too, they'll probably end in the top 5.

Candy

My thoughts on the second semi final

Lithuania-It was alright,i liked the man singing it.Kinda a shame and suprise they didnt get through though.
Armenia-It was good,but you could sort of tell she had a sore throat,cause she couldnt hit the high notes very well like she did in the rehersal.Good though :D .(One of my favrioutes)
Turkey-A new favrioute of mine.Loved the biker woman (In her suit).
Ukraine-Good song,weird choice of outfit though :?
Sweden-Aw,she was so sweet and i loved the song.Shame she didnt get through,that was a new favrioute of mine aswell.
Cyprus-Didnt think much
Croatia-New found favrioute their too,shame they didnt get through
Romania-A also new found favrioute,so pleased they got through.
Switzerland-Weird,couldnt hear what he was singing.What was the point in the dancers aswell?
Denmark-I dont like this one..ugh.
Bulgaria-ive had enoguh of the ooos
Ireland-Didnt think much,could of thought she hit the high notes well :?
Netherlands-Boring.
Slovenia-Was alright,girl was cute.

and last but not least

Azerbaijan-(My favrioute one of them all).Cant say she did good cuz she didnt,she started off good,and i thought her and the backing singers would be out of tune but they werent,so that was all good.But it went bad from the first drip drop bit,her voice went quiet and the movement was a bit slow,i think she needs to make her dancing a bit more flowy.
The bit where she had to on the catwalk was the bad bit though,you could tell she had trouble getting up and then the hair got in her face,and then her voice was kinda off.And you would of through they would of cut to somewhere else when she was running (duh).Poor thing was out of breathe when she span and all.So it was a kind of a bad ending.BUT SHE DID WELL :D
And to me it did look very big (as in one of the tops ones).
Hated what Waterman said (for uk viewers) ugh guy doesnt have any taste and he dont know what hes talking about.
And im dissapointed they got first place for the final,i was hoping she get somewhere in the middle so i could build up my excitement and wait for her.Hope she does good though

Overall...2nd semi final was better then the first.

LadyKiller

Banned
chikos555 said:
LadyKiller said:

lol dont hold back it was clearly denmark you were talking bout :lol:

was a shame to see croatia go, but i think it was because of ballad overload, georgias ballad simply outshone it, because of the crisp vocals and original concept. so while croatias performance was a lot better than some, i just think it was caught in traffic

Of course it wasn't Denmark. Please do not jump into conclusions. I was supporting Denmark all the way, even when most people here gave up on them. ;)

Now don't make me start with this (which song unfairly made it to the final), because if I start I wouldn't know where to finish. I'd make a mess here and I wouldn't wanna do that! OXO oOX (O) O-IO T() SOOC

:lol: :lol: :lol:

prowelsh

THE GREAT SWEDISH FLOP.

For a number of years now Sweden has really messed up its selection. Not quite sure whats happening in there Melodifest. Its great that they try something different but I for one was not surprised they did not get through. MANBOY would have made it hands down and been a strong contender. They have messed up with chosing Charlotte Nielsen? over Sanna Nielson " Empty Rooms" ; " Las vegas " over Nanne. and it goes on. They are now becoming more and more like the UK..flops.

sweet

Woww woww woww OMG!!
Turkey's performance was awesome. :geek:
My number one Turkey

maNga will beat them at their own game!!

swissstudent23

Hi guys... what a night it was... and it was really great... and will get better tomorrow!! WOW...

I watched the show yesterday with a couple of friends, who are not that much into eurovision. and it was soooo much fun because of the comments... i really want to show the comments of them to each song... :)

here it is :)

1. lithuania
- OMG... i really hate funk songs...
- okay, the start is really funny. but i hope they won't qualify just because of the short pants...

2. armenia
- jesus... look at the boobs :)
- WHILE THE TREE IS RISING: this is citch as citch can...
- how long is her hair??

3. israel
AT THE BEGINNING THE COMMENTATOR SAID TO BE READY FOR AN HEARTBREAKING BALLAD
- oookkaaaaay, let's see....
- AFTER 1MIN: hmmm... will there be a highlight in this song?
- AT THE END: okay, till now i will vote for this one...

4. denmark
- OMG... look at his hair... hahahahaha
- i can't vote for HIM... no way!
- but the song is not that bad... she is cute but he his... he his... i can't tell what he his :)

5. switzerland
- oh our country... can we switch the tv off? i can't look at that disaster
- please please... don't let us qualify... this is a disgrace for our nation...
- no don't give him some wind... with this ears, he would fly to backstage...
- why aren't we able to make good songs??

6. sweden
- glow sticks?? is this allowed?
A THERE A DISCUSSION BEGAN ABOUT THOSE STICKS...
- who organised this sticks? is this allowed?...
- THERE WERE PRO COMMENTS: they are sure free to organise what they want, switzerland could do that too...
- THERE WERE CONTRA COMMENTS: so i could give everybody a ballet-dress to wear and this would be allowed?? cmon! this is unfair!!

7. azerbaijan
- i want this stairs in my house!
- she looks cute
- nothing that special...
- OMG look how she is running!!! hahaha

8. ukraine
THIS WAS THE BIG FAVORITE OF THE NIGHT!!!
- this is geat!!!!
- this girl has a lot of self-confidence!!
- hope this qualifies and can win...

9. netherlands
- ahahahahahhaa
- hahahhahahha
- hahahhaha
- will this ever end??

10.romania
- girl girl boy boy... this is not a girl, and he is not a boy... not anymore!!
- the piano looks cheap
- do they have to pay the propan self for this much of fire??

11.slovenia
- nobody is talking....
- looking to each other
- no comments...
- the 1 point they could get would only be from the swiss alps!!
EVERBODY AT THE END
- nayboooooo... nayseeeee
- but we all agree, this will come last! and yes... it is possible to be worse then switzerland!

12.ireland
- this is titanic music!
- not that special but should qualify
- OMG this woman is ooooold!
- the dress is ugly... and... why is her proportion uncorrect? she looks so tall but this looks strange!

13.bulgaria
- this is what i call a slavic-face
- no no no... please not!
- how long is it allowed to have a song??????
- and this is the refrain?? ohooo?? just that?

14.cyprus
- this is nice and decent!
- is the turkish part of cyprus allowed to vote or to participate for cyprus?...
- okay, this should qualify!

15.croatia
- they look sexy!
- it looks for me too much of mainstream
- we had better songs tonight

16.georgia
- nice voice!
- too much sport on the stage... but wow... this girl can even sing this notes while doing that much of acrobatic...
- can't get the meaning of the performance, but great song!

17.turkey
- finally a song... i mean a real song... this is good!
- the strip of the robot is extremly strange!!!!!
- he has great energy in his eyes!
- this lightning is nice for me, but my mom would get crazy...
- this should be in TOP5
- doesn't fit to eurovision...

THE FAVORITES of the night were in a random order: israel, sweden, ukraine, georgia and turkey...

i asked which song would be THE WINNER if this would be the final: ukraine or turkey

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I would love to see Ukraine do really well. The more I listen to Sweet People the more I find out how amazing it really is. It has a real edge to it.

Israeliboy

Ok so I have two new favorites after yesterday: Ukraine and Cyprus :D
Israel was good and Harel will do better performance. Cyprus was good and Ukraine was magical!!!

alca

swissstudent23 said:
6. sweden
- glow sticks?? is this allowed?
A THERE A DISCUSSION BEGAN ABOUT THOSE STICKS...
- who organised this sticks? is this allowed?...
- THERE WERE PRO COMMENTS: they are sure free to organise what they want, switzerland could do that too...
- THERE WERE CONTRA COMMENTS: so i could give everybody a ballet-dress to wear and this would be allowed?? cmon! this is unfair!!
Since when are you watcing ESC? Well I'm watching since 2002 but that didn't stop me to get to know all the winners and some really nice facts...
To answer your question about the glowsticks please check Denmark 2000 (winner) ;)

Top Bottom