Contact us

Eurovision Confessions

Zonne147

Here are some of my confessions (most unpopular opinions):

- :no: 2015 is my least favorite entry from that country since 2012
- Televoters were tasteless in 2016: placing a cheesy song like :pl: so high and almost making :ru: win
- :it: 2015 is bad and outdated and bless juries again for avoiding them to win

- 2015 was a GREAT year but underrated results for songs like :sl: :me: and :be:, YES THEY WERE 4TH but :it: was above them :(
- :lv: 2014 is one of my favorite entries from that year and :ge: was in my Top 5 back in 2018
- :ch: is underrated af in most of the years of the 10's (happy they are finding their way to please ESC fans) - same with :at:!!!
- :il: 2020 >>>> :il: 2015 >> :il: 2017 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other :il: entry from the 10's
- :ee: 2020 also my least favorite entry from the country since at least 2014!!
- Every Dream Team songs are cheesy and overrated - :az: 2018 :ua: 2008 and maybe :gr: 2020 are the only ones I genuinely like
- Why did :dk: 2013 won that year when we had :no: :( !!
- I disliked :be: 2017 very much, the same about their songs from 18 19 & 20 but 2015 and 2016 are in my Top 5 both years
- 2012 was the best year of the 10's (not unpopular but idc) - :se: :mk: :ro: :cy: :rs: :ru: :gr: :al: god I could be here all day
- 2011 was the worst year of the 10's - just look at the one of the worst winners of the last decade - :az: ( :( )
- :se: 2018 was criminally underrated by the televoters and incomprehensibly hated
- :it: last year is the ONLY song last decade from that country that I would like to see as a ESC winner
- :ru: 2018 is my 2nd favorite entry from :ru: in the 10's (studio)

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
I never genuinely liked :ch: 2019.

Teaisloveable

I think the current COVID-19 pandemic is going to put a huge strain on participating country's finances in the years to come - Especially if we head in to the likely recession/ depression scenario predicted.
It is really quite possible that 2021 could see the lowest participation numbers in recent years whilst National Broadcasters try to salvage some of their losses over the damage that Coronavirus has caused.

We seem to be focused on which artists will be returning next year, but I think another pressing question is which countries will be returning next year. Not because they don't want to, but because they can't afford it.

Teaisloveable

I am going to be bitterly disappointed if the majority (or any) 2021 artists use Covid to create bland, uninspiring "inspirational" songs about the struggles of 2020, lockdown, social distancing or any other Coronavirus related jargon.

We've just had a year of it, with probably more years to come, please don't turn Eurovision 2021 into Coronavision 2021. Give us a much needed break from it!

Teaisloveable

I do believe artists from last year's cancelled contest should be free to enter this year.

However, having them participate in national selections seems to give them an unfair advantage over other competitors.

Regardless of the quality of the song, if it's amazing or awful, it's almost expected that they'll win. You might as well just internally select them.
It also seems unfair on them if they don't win, as they'll have lost out twice.

I'm not really sure what the answer is haha

Teaisloveable

4 posts in a row from me woops haha

I am confused.
Every year, eurofans moan that there are not enough fun, upbeat feel good songs.

This year we've got a solid collection of just that and the same people moan "omg there's too many upbeat songs this year!!1" "they all merge into one!!1"
Like really? I think we've actually got quite a musical range of upbeat songs (plus a nice range of slower, "ballad" types too)
Make it make sense!

I was actually worried we'd get a year of, heartfelt covid inspired ballads that all have that false inspiration vibe but that's not the case at all! I've been pleasantly surprised that artists have taken the "let's just enjoy ourselves this year" route. If that be a fast of slow song.

Iker

Veteran
it's my least favorite eurovision decade and my favorite decade in music oop. the explosion of eurodance, the rushed fame of eurobeat, trance at it's best, pop, r&b and hip hop slaying our minds. What a decade. xheat and eurovision showed basically none of that.
My favourite records in metal and rock also are from this decade as well.

Iker

Veteran
The vast majority of ESC entries between 1993-2006 sucked.

I hate most ESC power-ballads, especially those with dramatic key-change at the very end. 'One Last Breathe' from Greece was a good example of it.

Iker

Veteran
Actually most of the Eurovision entries pre-2008 sucked ass (I mean ~75%). Even if the singers could sing the song still remained shoddy for the most part.

I hate kissing at the ESC stage, makes me cringe.

Remisan

I really don't like Arcade, and I hate Duncan Lourense's timbre of voice (it is not for my ears)
I don't like hudge amount of slow english ballads and some of modern pop songs (but not all of them) in English (it is my blind spot)

Last edited:
Top Bottom