Contact us

Eurovision Christmas Contest #3 - Austrian Advent

EDC0708

Back in 2016 and 2017, I attempted to organise a festive based contest, with mixed results! Going to give it another go this year, with Austria as our host Country following Zoe's victory in the last edition!

1. Post your entry in the thread below, with your selected country and youtube video.
2. Your chosen artist should have a connection to Eurovision, as a participant, national finalist, interval act, presenter etc. Artists associated with the Eurovision Spin-Offs are eligible too, so long as they are now old enough to participate in the main ESC.)
3. Songs should have a winter or Christmas theme, or be based on a festival associated with any other Religion. The songs from the two previous editionsedition cannot be sent again (see below)
4. You can choose from any country that is either a full or an associate EBU member, and is recognised as a sovereign nation by the United Nations (full list of eligible countries in next post)
5. If I get fewer than ten countries, I will fill the vacant slots.

Previous entries that cannot be sent again:

Eligible Countries

EDC0708

Still just inside the 12 days of Christmas, I didn't get any submissions, so have put together a selection of ten Christmas/ New Year/ Winter themed songs.

#1 :es: Spain "Celebrate by Miki Núñez

#2 :nl: : The Netherlands "The Power of Christmas" by O3GNE

#3 :no: Norway "A WInter's Night" by Keiino

#4 :fi: : Finland "Black Ice" by Hanna Pakarinen

#5 :at: Austria "Stone Cold" by Cesar Sampson

#6 :cy: Cyprus "Party Sleep Repeat (PSR)" Eleni Foueri

#7 :uk: United Kingdom "Wombling Merry Christmas" by The Wombles

#8 :hu: Hungary "A tél dala" by Nox

#9 :se: Sweden "Happy New Year" by Abba

#10 :is: Iceland "Every Moment is Christmas With You by Daði Freyr

Voting Link: https://scorewiz.eu/rsvp/360272/FAdnSKWrDKG

Voting closes at the end of the 5th of January, and I will announce the winner on the 6th January, if there are any results to announce!

EDC0708

Going to announce the results now, thanks to @anaraqueen for voting, it will be a short results show again, but we have two sets of votes at least.

OPening the resultts, a classic British Christmas Track, even if Christmas is over now, Slade with Merry Christmas Everybody:

EDC0708

First, the votes from Anaraqueen:

EDC0708

And now my votes, who has won...

Will have another go next year, and try to finish a bit closer to Christmas!

Top Bottom