Contact us

Eurovision Asia Song Contest 2018 - General Discussion

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
rip bops

hawadharma

so sad, why can't ESC franchise florish to other continents like Next Top Models..
Even Africa have its own Next Top Model..

MyHeartIsYours

It would have been really great to see this another Eurovision-style competition but with different countries and as someone who would really like a Commonwealth Song Contest, I was looking forward to seeing the Commonwealth entries in particular. Hopefully it will still happen some day - but please as Asiavision not Eurovision Asia :lol:

Chorizo

Eurovision Asia will always take place in Australia? Sounds so random...

tuorem

Eurovision Asia will always take place in Australia? Sounds so random...

This and the fact that they alledgedly will directly negotiate with artists for participation without the other broadcasters' involvement make me believe that there has been no progress whatsoever since the official creation of Eurovision Asia. It seems to me Australians simply try to save this contest from oblivion by deciding and doing everything on their own right now (while they aren't even part of Asia :?).

Also, I'm highly skeptical about the contest being organised every four years... It's not the Olympic Games, they will never gain popularity and win audiences' loyalty that way.

My body was ready for Eurovision Asia some time ago, but judging from the infos revealed as of now, I'm doubtful.

Romeo

The final will be on the 7th of December 2019

(Provisional) Timetable:

Saturday 30th November – Delegation arrivals.
Sunday 1st December – Red carpet event, EuroAsia Club opens.
Monday 2nd December – First rehearsals & press meet and greet.
Tuesday 3rd December – First rehearsals & press meet and greet.
Wednesday 4th December – Second rehearsals & press conference.
Thursday 5th December – Second rehearsals & press conference.
Friday 6th December – First dress rehearsal (media) & second dress rehearsal (Jury Final & ticketed access).
Saturday 7th December – Third dress rehearsal (ticketed access), three hour Grand Final & winner’s press conference.

hawadharma

The final will be on the 7th of December 2019

(Provisional) Timetable:

Saturday 30th November – Delegation arrivals.
Sunday 1st December – Red carpet event, EuroAsia Club opens.
Monday 2nd December – First rehearsals & press meet and greet.
Tuesday 3rd December – First rehearsals & press meet and greet.
Wednesday 4th December – Second rehearsals & press conference.
Thursday 5th December – Second rehearsals & press conference.
Friday 6th December – First dress rehearsal (media) & second dress rehearsal (Jury Final & ticketed access).
Saturday 7th December – Third dress rehearsal (ticketed access), three hour Grand Final & winner’s press conference.

May I know the list of participating countries, please?

Romeo

May I know the list of participating countries, please?

"Some of the countries in negotiation to participate include China, India, Indonesia, New Zealand, Singapore and the UAE"

The full list is expected in May

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm a little bit confused.
Are we getting the ABU TV Festival, ABU Song Festival and the Eurovision Asia Song Contest at the same time?

We haven't had an Asian Song Contest for ages and now - all of a sudden - we get three of them?

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
I'm a little bit confused.
Are we getting the ABU TV Festival, ABU Song Festival and the Eurovision Asia Song Contest at the same time?

We haven't had an Asian Song Contest for ages and now - all of a sudden - we get three of them?

If Eurovision Asia is going to be held in December, then it technically wouldn't interfere with the ABU Song Festival since it's set to take place in October.

The closest competitor would be the ABU TV Festival that confirmed it would take place in November.

Mainshow

Veteran
Yeah, the dates wouldn't interfere but I still don't get it why Asia needs more than one "Asiavision" format all of a sudden. To me, it looks a bit "unnecessary" and I think it won't be very productive to have two/three "same-y" broadcast music shows around the same time

Alaska49

lol 2019 is on this way out and this board is still standing xheart it's a total ghost town

ESC94

Well, it seems that this project is already dead before it started. That´s pretty sad since the idea of a contest like ESC on a different continent sounds very attractive, but at the moment its seems more likely that aliens arrive on our planet than Eurovision Asia starting. :(

hawadharma

Well, it seems that this project is already dead before it started. That´s pretty sad since the idea of a contest like ESC on a different continent sounds very attractive, but at the moment its seems more likely that aliens arrive on our planet than Eurovision Asia starting. :(

I think even aliens gave up waiting for this event :lol:

Top Bottom