Contact us

Eurovision Asia Song Contest 2018 - General Discussion

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
No news have been posted on the official website since October. I don't expect to hear much until after the actual Eurovision but I don't think this is going away. There is no way the EBU would announce this project without proper backing and vision.

GRE

The Ministry of Information and Communications in Kazakhstan has reported that the first edition of the Eurovision Asia Song Contest will be held in October 2018.

GRE

As of 2 March 2018, twelve countries have confirmed their intentions to participate in the contest:

Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, South Korea, Kazakhstan are some of them.

John1

Is it still expected to have any announcement being released anytime soon?

Schlagerman1

I have a gutfeeling it will probably be announced something during the ESC-week, same as with JESC I suppose. We have to wait and see till then I guess.

Stiven

Well according to unconfirmed rumours they will announce news about ESC Asia during Eurovision week or after it in order to avoid confusion.

John1

Well according to unconfirmed rumours they will announce news about ESC Asia during Eurovision week or after it in order to avoid confusion.

It'd somehow have something to do with a hoax or something like that? :?

hawadharma

Is this happening or not? It could be a good way to help cure my Post-Eurovision Depression... xcry1

Yeah right??? Not a single news on this contest now :(
Or let's play mock up Eurovision Asia? :lol:

SaladBreak

Is this happening or not? It could be a good way to help cure my Post-Eurovision Depression... xcry1

Yeah, we would have 2 Eurovision seasons if this works out. :lol:
And immediately when Eurovision Asia ends in October, Eurovision Europe season starts... I hope they start announcing songs soon.

NeonProject

I think, at this stage, the project has died.

I definitely don't think it will be happening this year.

I'm extremely sad about how nothing has been said about this for so long. It's something I've been hoping will happen for years.

wtf

Maybe they've just been silent since November because that's when the ESC season started? And perhaps they'll continue the pre-production now?

Wishful thinking..

NeonProject

Maybe they've just been silent since November because that's when the ESC season started? And perhaps they'll continue the pre-production now?

Wishful thinking..

I'm really hoping so, but they're also leaving themselves little time left to promote for the back-end of this year.

tuorem

I have the feeling they teased the Eurovision media with this event to speed things up but it didn't have the desired effect.

From the beginning, I think it was premature to open a set of threads about it without any tangible information.

Hele.

Is project delayed or they gave up from it? It would be really shame if they give up from it. After all, if they use all standards from Eurovision (which I assume they do as even name is Eurovision Asia instead of Asiavision for example), basically, they just need to "organize" it somewhere finally like Europeans are doing it every year xshrug

GRE

I don't think they gave up, but I have a feeling that EBU is preparing something that will satisfy everyone.

John1

Well, it seems that the EBU didn't even want to make some efforts in order to create an Asian spin-off of the ESC after all. This is such a shame, I was looking forward to hearing the entries from India or Singapore. This is well-known that the music culture of Asian countries is mostly awesome and often a huge pleasure to get to know each one of them. xcry

This makes me wonder about the will of the EBU to take a brand new path towards the improvement of the whole "Eurovision concept"... Truly upset with this lack of information so far.

hawadharma

Well, it seems that the EBU didn't even want to make some efforts in order to create an Asian spin-off of the ESC after all. This is such a shame, I was looking forward to hearing the entries from India or Singapore. This is well-known that the music culture of Asian countries is mostly awesome and often a huge pleasure to get to know each one of them. xcry

This makes me wonder about the will of the EBU to take a brand new path towards the improvement of the whole "Eurovision concept"... Truly upset with this lack of information so far.

I think what EBU should do is to start promoting ESC to Asian large audience, starting from the next ESC 2019.
Widen the broadcast to Asian channels, let Asians familiarise themselves with the concept, and then propose the ESC Asia idea to major Asian broadcasting channels.

I strongly believe this concept will be accepted.

Top Bottom