Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Yazy

Konstrakta was at number 3 in a sandwich between boppy and somber.

Same with Luke. I think :rs: is safe.

If :am: manages to qualify from spot number 2 again, then that is officially a three-peat for them (see 2010 and 2015).

MopManMoss

Veteran
Konstrakta was at number 3 in a sandwich between boppy and somber.

Same with Luke. I think :rs: is safe.

If :am: manages to qualify from spot number 2 again, then that is officially a three-peat for them.
In Corpe Sano was my 3rd favourite song last year, Luke Black's song is nowhere near as accessible as Konstraktas performance that and his vocals really arent too good

Betwixt Tales

In Semi 1, I had Malta first, then Norway. ESC did it the other way around. Sooo close to having it right. :LOL:

In the second half, if disregarding Czechia's placement, I had the last part of the running order completely right: 11. Sweden, 12. Azerbaijan, 13. Israel, 14. Netherlands, 15. Finland

In all, I guessed 6 right in Semi 1:
6. Ireland, 8. Switzerland, 11. Sweden, 12. Azerbaijan, 14. Netherlands, 15. Finland.

In Semi 2, I predicted Armenia, Denmark, Estonia, and Romania would follow each other (not in alphabetic order). And they do! ... Just in the opposite direction of what I thought. That's kinda funny. :D
Me: Estonia - Romania - Armenia - Denmark
ESC: Denmark - Armenia - Romania - Estonia

In all, I only guessed 3 right in Semi 2.
7. Iceland, 14. Albania, and 16. Australia.

midnightsun

Veteran
I really don’t get why you‘re surprised about Denmark? We have many first-time audience from around the world this year. So which song is the most generic middle of the road song with a "cute"* guy, most suitable for the masses? Exactly.

*depends on age and preference, but I think most people who are gonna watch for the first time are of a younger age

midnightsun

Veteran
Mall didnt qualify with the televote and its a million times better than this years song
That’s the exception. One could argue that they qualified with worse songs, like 2015 when Elhaida was out of tune so badly, almost like Blanka‘s infamous NF performance, yet she qualified.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I really don’t get why you‘re surprised about Denmark? We have many first-time audience from around the world this year. So which song is the most generic middle of the road song with a "cute"* guy, most suitable for the masses? Exactly.

*depends on age and preference, but I think most people who are gonna watch for the first time are of a younger age
Because the opening song is meant to engage the viewers and ensure that they continue watching just look at nearly every semi opener for the last ten years, Breaking My Heart wont do that

Yazy

In Corpe Sano was my 3rd favourite song last year, Luke Black's song is nowhere near as accessible as Konstraktas performance
I see more than enough visually for audience to connect.
Plus the Serbian televoting seems to be consistently decent throughout the years.

his vocals really arent too good
Ain't no jury member in sight to hurt him

Ajeje Brazorf

Albania is NQing lmao

I have the same opinion... Albania is not gonna make it. And in my eyes it's a pretty easy prediction, tbh. But let's see if I'm right... I'm concerned by this: can they receive some points by Cyprus, Spain and Greece? Yes, but I can't see twelves dropping with Greece and Cyprus being in the same semi. Maybe Austria? Yes, they can give Albania something. But no Italy, no Switzerland, no France, no Portugal are in this semi. And they needed them the most, because those are the countries usally tend to give something to Albania in terms of televoting. Running order, again, is not good. Lithuania and Australia coming after you is defo NOT good. Albania needed to perform earlier to have more chances in a televote only semifinal.

Last edited:

JenJen94

Norway opening, called it!
Can't see Azerbaijan qualifying....have my doubts about Ireland too-right between Mimicat and Let 3
Finland closing will be brilliant! Can't wait
I can see Albania qualifying, yes, they're after Austria but before Lithuania and Aus. I feel its maybe a stronger song than those two?
Thought Belgium would open sf2? Denmark was a bit of a surprise!
Future Lover 2nd is a bit of a death slot but on one hand I think she will qualify!
Georgia after ad break, wonder what they will do? I'm pleased with her spot though!

All in all I'm fairly fine with the running orders! Semi 1 will be a total bloodbath though! Bring it on :D

Albania have only been televote qualifiers 3 times in the last 10 years. And there's no Italy north Macedonia or Switzerland to vote for them this year

Austria has bigger Albanian diaspora than all 3 countries combined. Geography for dummies. 🤣

Top Bottom