czech republic
israel

prediction for bottom 5 in the final:
cyprus
switzerland
iceland
moldova
germany

Did the delegations secretly send you their songs in dms or what :lol: ?

HarryUK

So I attended a seminar today on the changing face of Eurovision and some of the panel today are on the board for the 2023 contest. They answered numerous questions and this is the vibe I got from their (often vague, obviously) answers to some questions:

- Liverpool only beat Glasgow because of their links to Odessa - the facilities and capability to host were even - their words

- They have already decided the hosts and I’m fairly sure from the facial reaction to the question of ‘are any of them Ukrainian’, that none of them are - my perception

- There are no plans to stream Vidbir on BBC iPlayer or BBC Three as rumoured (I think on Reddit) - their words

- No plans to keep semi finals on BBC One after 2023 - their words

- Junior Eurovision entrant and song announcement expected imminently - their words

AlekS

Veteran
- They have already decided the hosts and I’m fairly sure from the facial reaction to the question of ‘are any of them Ukrainian’, that none of them are - my perception
The BBC and UA: PBC have signed a memorandum, PBC's staff member read some excerpts just 2 days ago. There will be at least one British and at least one Ukrainian host.

HarryUK

The BBC and UA: PBC have signed a memorandum, PBC's staff member read some excerpts just 2 days ago. There will be at least one British and at least one Ukrainian host.
The panel did say that BBC & UA;PBC meet weekly in Warsaw - it was just a vibe I got from the panel responses which makes me think there won't be a Ukrainian host. I personally would love at least one

PolarFoxxie.

The least amount of participating countries since 2014. :oops::oops: fascinating...
So many withdraws this year, I mean for 2023.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The least amount of participating countries since 2014. :oops::oops: fascinating...
So many withdraws this year, I mean for 2023.
Yeah it's unfortunate but I've felt this would be the case ever since May, I thought even more would withdraw so all in all it's still good

Rocket man

I watched the Gymnastics World Championships last night on tv (it's on all this week), it's held in the same arena in Liverpool. It gives a good impression of what the atmosphere will be like for Eurovision.

Bobjan FR

I'm a bit pissed that listembourg never wanted to join, it would have been a year for them.

blue00eyes

There is no such thing as a bad country in eurovision, everyone can have a song that performs well and your past entries don't affect your future entries.
Sure, but I'd honestly rather withdrew than waste 3min on Dmol's Heaven and a few different entries like Euro Neuro, some countries constantly put low effort and songs hookless. Plus we don't need pro-russian countries no matter how good the song is

Mainshow

Veteran
It's about time!

Great changes!
That way, songs which get 0 televoting points won't be qualifying to the final anymore and juries can't vote down instant and huge fan favourites like "Igranka".

It's a great idea to let viewers and fans whose countries aren't taking part vote as well! Are we getting a rest of the World jury for the final or will the EBU just double their televoting result?

Make the individual jury members vote for their personal top 10 only and/or let them give points to the entries for several categories (composition, vocals, lyrics, production,.originality) now and it would be even better.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Televote-only semis should be interesting, some countries really relied on that jury pet behaviour. :lol:

Top Bottom