Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

FilipFromSweden

This is sarcasm, right?
Name one other song that was also an eastern European nightclub song that year! I can't think of a single song in 2021 with the same dystopian sound

Sammy

Veteran
Name one other song that was also an eastern European nightclub song that year! I can't think of a single song in 2021 with the same dystopian sound
this was a cheap pastiche of the classical slaaaaaaayqueeeeen-genre. and we had a couple of those that year. give any of them a random label that doesn‘t make them unique musically speaking.

or to put it simple: that sounded like 100
songs we heard before and felt like at least 5 that year

Mimmon

Veteran
Apparently host city will be annouced this Friday....

Exciting times I guess

Ezio

Veteran
Liverpool is so much better although I love Scotland, but Glasgow meh...

I am gonna drown my liver in a pool of booze over this #ihavealreadyhavedonemyminses

12Pointsgoto.....

Netta is wrong again

and I think that this is the 4th year in a row where the contest isn't held in the capital of the country

PolarFoxxie.

The least amount of participants in q recent history but i kinda like it. The show won't drag for too much and take too much time and i hope gb hosts won't fill the gap with interval acts. I don't like interval acts. Probably not the only one who thinks the same.

Looren

Veteran
I seriously can't understand people who say that countries being out would be a good thing, every country has the potential to bring something good, but well these people will just hate no matter what the country sends 'cause they only judge on the country's name and not on the song so I don't even know why am writing this post

Anyway I hope both will stay, I want as many countries as possible participating

A-lister

Veteran
I seriously can't understand people who say that countries being out would be a good thing, every country has the potential to bring something good, but well these people will just hate no matter what the country sends 'cause they only judge on the country's name and not on the song so I don't even know why am writing this post

Anyway I hope both will stay, I want as many countries as possible participating

I completely agree!

Like, there are countries that rarely send something I like to the contest, Montenegro being one of them, but that doesn't mean that I want them out. I think every country has potential to send something good. This "I don't like what this country brings to the contest so they should be out" is a very strange attitude indeed.

12Pointsgoto.....

:me: out would be good, :bg: not.
Every country has the ability to send something good and every artist from these countries should be able to perform for their country. It is never a positive when a country leaves, because it is always the more countries the better. No matter what you think of Montenegro's entries in the past, there is absolutely no guarantee to what they will send next year. I hope that none of these countries withdraw and instead try again.

Mainshow

Veteran
EBU should release the final list of participants soon/this weekend - as long as they are not still convincing other countries to stay/come back/debut.

After we´ve got so many withdrawals today (Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Montenegro) as well a new confirmation (Azerbaijan) yesterday, it doesn´t make much sense to keep us waiting for Armenia, Moldova and the Czech Republic.

I know that the EBU usually presents the final list in late October/early November but dunno, an early announcement won´t hurt this time.

Mainshow

Veteran
Btw, we had 37 participants in 2014 - (16 in semi 1 and 15 in semi 2).

So far, we got 34 participants and I think we can be sure that Moldova and Armenia are about to participate which will bring us to 36 participants (15 countries per semi final). - The EBU will still be "satisfied" with that number, in my opinion.

I´m a little bit afraid of the Czech Republic withdrawing but I don´t think that we will be seeing any significant change (like only organising one semi final, inviting Kazakhstan or Kosovo).

Top Bottom