Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Bobjan FR

With an eurovision in glasgow the probability of having a stalker shouting for scotland independance is increased by 25 percent lol

Oh wait, it's not official ? I misunderstood so :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Lindon

Boris Johnson has said Ukraine deserves to host next year’s ESC and that he hopes it will be able to do so despite the ongoing war with Russia.
Speaking to reporters after returning from an unannounced visit to Kyiv, Johnson said he believed it should be possible for the contest to go ahead there.

“The Ukrainians won the Eurovision song contest. I know we had a fantastic entry, I know we came second and I’d love it to be in this country,” he said.
“The Ukrainians won the Eurovision song contest. I know we had a fantastic entry, I know we came second and I’d love it to be in this country,” he said.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
A year ago after a last place with 0 points, following another last place, if someone has said we'd come 2nd this year and then potentially host 2023 I'd laughed at them. This is so exciting, especially seeing both ITV and BBC pick up the story for multiple news broadcasts. 🙌🏻🔥

musicfan

I'd like to think this year was just a one off. If this happens again, then more people, and broadcasters will stop taking the contest seriously and believe that no other country has a chance of winning for the foreseeable future.

For me Eurovision is more about music/entertainment. The contest part should never be taken that seriously, the voting/announcements at the end of the finals is also a more a funny than a serious part of the event for me.

Mainshow

Veteran
How many Sugababes does it take to host Eurovision

3 hosts, 1-2 green room hosts and 1-2 to run the online interviews/press conference(s).

Sugababes 1.0 ("Overload" & "Flatline") can perform in the first semi final, Sugababes 2.0 ("Push The Button", "In The Middle", "Stronger", "Too Lost In You) in the Grand Final and Sugababes 3.0 ("Get Sexy", "Wear My Kiss") in the second semi final ;)

Ezio

Veteran
Looking for the biggest Eurovision icons

1998 Dana International
1999 n/a
2000 Stefan Raab
2001 Helena Paparizou
2002 Rosa
2003 n/a
2004 Zeljko Joksimovic
2005 Helena Paparizou
2006 Lordi
2007 Verka Serduchka
2008 n/a
2009 Alexander Rybak
2010 Lena
2011 Lena
2012 Loreen
2013 n/a
2014 Conchita Wurst
2015 Il Volo
2016 Sergei Lazarev
2017 Sunstroke Project
2018 Elenei Foueira
2019 KEiiNO
2020 Dadi
2021 Maneskin
2022 Chanel

AlekS

Veteran
According to PBC and our Minister of Culture, there's preliminary agreement about equal number of hosts from each side. It's 2 or most def 4 hosts.

Edit: The logo will include elements from both countries.

Last edited:

0scar

I'm kinda conflicted on how I feel about this haha, I mean it was the only choice to do it this way and it seems only fair that the show will include both Ukrainian and British elements, but at the same time I would have liked to see a full British way of hosting
But for that they have to win first honeys x

I just hope they will do both sides well though

HarryUK

The gorgeous Timur from Ukraine is on Good Morning Britain throwing his support behind the UK hosting next year!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
According to PBC and our Minister of Culture, there's preliminary agreement about equal number of hosts from each side. It's 2 or most def 4 hosts.

Edit: The logo will include elements from both countries.

Its great they're working together. 🙌🏻 partially for obvious reasons but also because the BBC are always tight lipped on everything and Ukraine usually seem to drip feed the information like this so we wont be in the dark.

AlekS

Veteran
Our 2 hosts?

KqDhKcg.jpg

I hope not, I want someone new.
Speaking of Liverpool. I've heard it's among faves to host.

lilka

I'd like some non-obvious city. Let's not forget that the UK is not only England.

Top Bottom