Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

May I ask why anbody not living in specific country thinks he has a say in a foreign national contest where people vote to select their respective country's representative?

People voted, chose it. You don't like? There's 36 other songs. Move on

vavera4ka

That whole situation kinda ridiculous. You liked a different song in the selection? well... just add it to your spotify list and enjoy it, easy.

also... i know some countries have been consistently accused of trying too hard, that it all reeks of desperation... and here you go after an act for possibly, probably not qualifying... well which way is it?

vavera4ka

May I ask why anbody not living in specific country thinks he has a say in a foreign national contest where people vote to select their respective country's representative?
and that too. the country decided in whatever way they did to that this particular entry represents them the best way...
respect that and kindly stfu.

and that too. the country decided in whatever way they did to that this particular entry represents them the best way...
respect that and kindly stfu.

May I add, there's also a video on YT of what ESC 2023 would be like if national selection runner-ups competed.

And it would have been a hell literally. A bunch of mediocre ESC tailor-made pop songs with no identity whatsoever. They were all much much weaker than internally selected entries.

Opposite to that, this year's ESC is the most diverse ever. It's interesting. Everyone's cup of tea has been met. Everyone can find a banger or ballad or 2 or 3 even to enjoy. Every country is represented by something specific and different from others. For better or for worse. 😆

So, I guess that choices made by domestic voters actually did contribute something to this competition, making it fun and diverse. Those people who voted weren't wrong obviously, they knew what they were doing. Who am I to challenge that?

vavera4ka

Oh yeah, watched that video too and, aside from VERY FEW instances everything else was not even in the same universe of quality...
I was very underwhelmed.
and in cases where it wasn't that drastic of a difference, it all comes down to taste. Yes, I personally would have preferred Portugal's, Estonia's, or Spain's runner-up, but i can't really fault them for choosing what they chose... (ok i'm still kinda salty about Portugal lol but you know... once again... it's a matter of taste. I'm just sad that last year Portugal was my #1, and this year it's very much not my cuppa lol)

AlekS

Veteran
But if that audience also behaves likes bullies and a mob, then there shouldn't be pre-parties in Spain at all!
They were fuming over Chanel winning Benidorm, and after ESC they were attacking everything Ukrainian with "putin should invade the whole Ukraine!", "Your houses should be destroyed with missiles" infantile bs.

kid-cry.gif

These particular Spanish fans are THAT annoying kid in a supermarket throwing a tantrum. Always in minority, but they're the loudest :lol:
And damn, having our wonderful forum users from Spain feels like we won a lottery xlove:lol:

As for pre-party, it was a nice opportunity for every participant to meet other contestants xhug

MartinF

Hiya folks! I'm posting this in here rather than starting a new thread, because that would definitely be a bit spammy and I don't want that.

Anyway, over at escgo! we're doing our usual search to find the most brutally robbed national final song of the season, and I know some of you have voted in this in the past so I wouldn't want you to miss out! :)

We've whittled it down to 15 songs in our grand final, and we'd love to get as wide a range of fan opinions as possible in order to find that one song that really should have been in Liverpool.

So if you're not already all voted out, do check out our playlist & vote in our poll! Someone needs to succeed Rigoberta Bandini, after all. :)

Thanks in advance!

Ezio

Veteran
The most brutally robbed song is Air

escellie

So I'm planning on making a youtube video for my top 37. Here is my list. How much hate do you reckon I'll get? :ROFLMAO:

Disclaimer: the only song i actually dont like is my 37th place, every other song i like its just a matter of which ones i like more haha. also this list is constantly changing every day for me past about 5th place because its so hard lol.

1. Greece
2. Norway
3. Netherlands
4.France
5. Austria
6. United Kingdom
7. Georgia
8. Sweden
9. Armenia
10. Lithuania
11. Iceland
12. Switzerland
13. Malta
14. Israel
15. Ukraine
16. Cyprus
17. Spain
18. Slovenia
19. Finland
20. Belgium
21. Moldova
22. Australia
23. Estonia
24. Portugal
25. Denmark
26. Azerbaijan
27. Italy
28. Latvia
29. Romania
30. Serbia
31. Poland
32. Croatia
33. Czechia
34. Ireland
35. Albania
36. Germany
37. San Marino

Would love to hear your thoughts and what you agree/disagree with, as long as you're not mean about it haha. Just would love to be able to talk about this with people who are actually interested.

Last edited:

simori95

So I'm planning on making a youtube video for my top 37. How much slander does everyone think I'll get for putting Greece as my #1? :ROFLMAO:
Medium to wild, depending on how you placed the fan favorites. You will definitely get some slack for putting Victor first, but if the „right“ entries at least place high, most people will be somewhat pacified.

Btw I find it so weird how heated some people react to other people‘s Tops sometimes when it’s nothing more than their honest opinion. Luckily, many people in the fandom understand that.

Edit: oh and Victor is also in my Top 10 btw.

escellie

Medium to wild, depending on how you placed the fan favorites. You will definitely get some slack for putting Victor first, but if the „right“ entries at least place high, most people will be somewhat pacified.

Btw I find it so weird how heated some people react to other people‘s Tops sometimes when it’s nothing more than their honest opinion. Luckily, many people in the fandom understand that.

Edit: oh and Victor is also in my Top 10 btw.
Awesome, thanks for the insight. I've edited my original post and put my full top 37 so if you're interested feel free to have a look :)

Looren

Veteran

Yeah same, how can't some people just respect other people's taste and opinion ? Not everyone has to like the exact same things lmao

vavera4ka

Hiya folks! I'm posting this in here rather than starting a new thread, because that would definitely be a bit spammy and I don't want that.

Anyway, over at escgo! we're doing our usual search to find the most brutally robbed national final song of the season, and I know some of you have voted in this in the past so I wouldn't want you to miss out! :)

We've whittled it down to 15 songs in our grand final, and we'd love to get as wide a range of fan opinions as possible in order to find that one song that really should have been in Liverpool.

So if you're not already all voted out, do check out our playlist & vote in our poll! Someone needs to succeed Rigoberta Bandini, after all. :)

Thanks in advance!

I feel like whole UMK is most brutally robbed only because at least half of the songs were deserving to go over quite a few songs that are going from other countries. And I say this actually liking almost everything this year. UMK was just that strong.

vavera4ka

Yeah same, how can't some people just respect other people's taste and opinion ? Not everyone has to like the exact same things lmao
i posted on tiktok my tops by semis and then big5+Ukraine and one person was like "BASED ON WHAT?!?"
dude... what part of word "my" confused you?

to anyone who is posting or is afraid to post your tops, just do it. it's your taste, it's your channel. Are you saying it's the best top ever? no. are you saying it's the only correct ranking? no. so anyone who has a problem with that... well f them.
hey, more activity on your post means more activity on y our account haha

yuki_vamp.esc

So I'm planning on making a youtube video for my top 37. Here is my list. How much hate do you reckon I'll get? :ROFLMAO:
Personally, in all honesty after 18 I'll close the video. ..V,

simori95

Awesome, thanks for the insight. I've edited my original post and put my full top 37 so if you're interested feel free to have a look :)
Ahahah well I guess you will make some people very unhappy but let‘s hope no one will be militant about it 🍀

Ezio

Veteran

Disclaimer: the only song i actually dont like is my 37th place, every other song i like its just a matter of which ones i like more haha. also this list is constantly changing every day for me past about 5th place because its so hard lol.

1. Greece
2. Norway
3. Netherlands
4.France
5. Austria
6. United Kingdom
7. Georgia
8. Sweden
9. Armenia
10. Lithuania
11. Iceland
12. Switzerland
13. Malta
14. Israel
15. Ukraine
16. Cyprus
17. Spain
18. Slovenia
19. Finland
20. Belgium
21. Moldova
22. Australia
23. Estonia
24. Portugal
25. Denmark
26. Azerbaijan
27. Italy
28. Latvia
29. Romania
30. Serbia
31. Poland
32. Croatia
33. Czechia
34. Ireland
35. Albania
36. Germany
37. San Marino

Would love to hear your thoughts and what you agree/disagree with, as long as you're not mean about it haha. Just would love to be able to talk about this with people who are actually interested.
I really disagree with your last place. I find this song so catchy and raw. Just because there is not such a high production value, it shoukdnt be last. Why not put Poland last?

Top Bottom