Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

lacrymea

Thé OGAE voting of France !

qlav.jpg
The votes from OGAE always give me hope. They never get it right.

harey

Well the French OGAE vote is something. No surprise there on the top 4, clear fan favourites, but seeing for example Spain getting only 39pts?!?

lacrymea

There were 9th in the end of the poll, that's not horrible. And you know there is always a before/after eurovision with the opinions
OK. For a better example, I recall the winner of the OGAE poll in 2021: Malta.

We all know how that story went down. So even then, it didn't reflect fans tastes or opinions.

OGAE is a vote among friends that often replicates the bookies favorites. Nothing to dwell on about too much.

But I find it amusing anyhow :)

Bobjan FR

OK. For a better example, I recall the winner of the OGAE poll in 2021: Malta.

We all know how that story went down. So even then, it didn't reflect fans tastes or opinions.
Wait, i missed a train, eurofans doesn't like this song anymore ? Oo

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Ogae Germany, Voting still ongoing

Italy doing really well, Romania zero points after 33 votes

Ezio

Veteran

esc87fan

So, the drama around Piqued Jacks continues. As people who were there claim, Piqued Jacks were mocked by Barcelona pre-party audience chanting Ronela should have won or Ronela to Eurovision.

Yeah, Ronela, the most disastrous performance of ESC post-Covid era. Yeah, the disrespectful Ronela thanks to whose Queen Syndrome and being late Torino organizers had a problem with openining red/blue carpet ceremony. Yeah, also Spain and its tacky taste. 🤣

They also insulted Wild Youth.

Whereas that Barcelona audience obviously knew to be vocal to offend performers, they certainly didn't know what vocal means when they could have simply sang a few songs. They destroyed the live transmission on TV by behaving as sacks of potatos. Literally, we were commenting here yesterday: Could these people be more dead?

Meanwhile some people and some bubble fake political correctness police obviously love to prove themselves higher ground by actually bullying other people and making up stuff about their characters or artistic content, what this contest should not be about like ever ever, this is how those Piqued Jacks behaved yesterday...

Them, responding on Twitter to the bubble fan they took pictures with after performance

Them, having fun and enjoying the event with Joker Out and other bands at and after pre-party

Them, serving the best live performance yesterday and the best vocalist of all

Now, Spanish pre-parties have always been the dullest ones thanks to dead audience.

But if that audience also behaves likes bullies and a mob, then there shouldn't be pre-parties in Spain at all!
Gustaph was heckled as well during his performance, the crowd was chanting Chérine's name

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
Yeah, it's a fan vote, but it's often "stereotypical eurofan" in their results. Au contraire I'm surprised by Italy being that high, it didn't feel like a fan favourite to me.

And by sterotypical Eurofan, it's older yaaasssss gays. To be honest, nothing new.

12Pointsgoto.....

Spanish fans are just another breed of vile, every year they just seem way too aggressive and constantly attack other contestants and their own contestants. The way they attacked chanel after she won Benidorm to the point where she had to leave social media, and then ended up going around complaining that they could have come second. They are not in the right state of mind. Also, while I don't like Gustaph's song at all and would have preferred cherine by a mile, this type of heckling is just disgusting.

Mainshow

Veteran
All the "not in the final" chants... that´s really rich coming from Spanish fans.. I mean, if I just take a look at all the recent Spanish entries, I think that they wouldn´t have survived a semi final (apart from a very few occasions like 2012, 2014 and 2022).

It´s totally fine to feel unhappy about some NF´s winners but being toxic and vile is not.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I wanted Cherine to win Eurosong before Gustasph won but I got over it within 10 seconds of him winning, the thing with the Cherine fixation that gets me is that she wasnt even second she was fourth move on lads

Top Bottom