Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ciJr6R.gif

There now some Maidan experience moving the audience in her direction. Lady loves her homeland and shows it. Now the cynics will rant against her.

Who cares. When she still sings like that.

Ruslana is the Eurovision winner with the most unique female vocal.

It's dark, almost male, yet high-pitched; fat and deep, yet clear.

Love her!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
What I love about Wild Dances winning was that 2005 was just wall to wall ethno bangers, even the UK sending one. One after another.

Semra

Am I right in thinking (hearing) that most all 2023 acts' vocals sounded good except maybe Ireland (sound problems?). And Slovenia + UK slightly mediocre? To me Latvia sounded much better than the other bands which surprised me.

Some of the in between artists from years gone by sounded terrible though. Some very, very bad.

The sound overall is always so bad at these parties that I question what I hear. I never completely write off a song before the semi's because of this.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Am I right in thinking (hearing) that most all 2023 acts' vocals sounded good except maybe Ireland (sound problems?). And Slovenia + UK slightly mediocre? To me Latvia sounded much better than the other bands which surprised me.

Some of the in between artists from years gone by sounded terrible though. Some very, very bad.

The sound overall is always so bad at these parties that I question what I hear. I never completely write off a song before the semi's because of this.

Yeah same, there is a huge echo in some of the performances. It's hard to judge but some were far better than others in vocal competency. Improvements will be needed, but it's a preparty after all so the production was never going to be top notch.

HayashiM

Veteran

"Slightly mediocre" is an euphemism for Mae, I am sorry, that was a trainwreck on the levels of last year's :cy: :(. Fingers crossed it's just the illness.

Slovenia just felt undersold / badly mixed, I think the vocals were fine.

hunty73

Most tonight are semi 2 ,the worst semi in ESC history,where semi 1 is maybe the best in ESC history,such is this year.

Latvia was actually quite bad vocally. The vocalist even showed disappointment when he finished. I think you're confused by sound mix, especially if you are watching on PC or laptop. Watch on TV with SRS.

Top Bottom