Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Ezio

Veteran
Austria has bigger Albanian diaspora than all 3 countries combined. Geography for dummies. 🤣

lol, School us girl. Albanians prefer Switzerland while Serbs and Bosnians prefer Austria. Albanians must be living in hideouts here.

And Macedonia has huge population of Albanians. You know it, I know it.

Ezio

Veteran
Funny how I get trashed when I argue that Austria usually fails in the Televote due to a lack of voting allies and now people are arguing that Albania with their boring song has not enough voting allies.

Courtzer

Funny how I get trashed when I argue that Austria usually fails in the Televote due to a lack of voting allies and now people are arguing that Albania with their boring song has not enough voting allies.
Diaspora only affects borderline qualifiers SOMETIMES. If a song is a safe Q it's a safe Q no matter what country it's from

MopManMoss

Veteran
Ezio please austria is my number 1 this please dont make me engage in your poor hard done by austria speech again

Fr2CLWkWIBEF-ez

Ajeje Brazorf

lol, School us girl. Albanians prefer Switzerland while Serbs and Bosnians prefer Austria. Albanians must be living in hideouts here.

And Macedonia has huge population of Albanians. You know it, I know it.

And I will add Italy has by far the largest Albanian diaspora: approximatively 430,000 Albanians live here in Italy, just saying...

Ezio

Veteran
2023 is one of the worst years ever. 75% of the songs are fricking awful.

It’s also one of the best years, I never had so many favorites in a year and my country is also doing well again (in my fantasy we also did well 2019 and 2022). But a Swedish or Ukrainian victory would ruin this year for me.

Mainshow

Veteran
I was more disagreeing with the fact that albania is seen as a guaranteed Q no matter what song they send. If Albania qualify it will be on merit based on the quality of the song

Ah, I see!

If you ask me, :al: has been quite underrated in recent years. If you ask me (and we talk about quality), 2018, 2019 and 2021 should have been Top 10 (and even though "Duje" isn´t of the same quality, I think it should easily qualify in a weaker 2nd semi). The 10 pts from Greece is just a "plus".

PlasticToad

Idk if Armenia has a bad draw, really. Denmark is going to feel like a warm-up next to her, especially if Reiley's vocals aren't great and Brunette's are. She also stands out a lot compared to the next act (Romania). Personally I think the SF2 running order is really well done, it has a much better flow to it than SF1 (though SF1 was kind of hard to get to flow given the hand the organisers were dealt)

Top Bottom