Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Lindon

Well, that didn't age well. Believe what they do, not what they sing:

Mainshow

Veteran

Eurovision 2023: Timur Miroshnychenko and Masha Efrosinina To Host?​

Ukrainian media are reporting that Timur Miroshnychenko and Masha Efrosinina will be two of the hosts of the 2023 Eurovision Song Contest.

It has been reported this evening that Timur Miroshnychenko and Masha Efrosinina will be two of the hosts of next year’s Eurovision Song Contest. According to MUZVAR, the pair will be hosting the show alongside two unnamed presenters from the UK.

According to the site, Timur has made the following comment on the possibility of him hosting the event:

“Even if I already knew that I would be the host of the Eurovision Song Contest 2023, I still could not say before the official announcement due to the signed agreements. But do I have these agreements or not – let’s wait for the official announcement of the names of the presenters”

It is speculated that the names of the hosts will be officially announced in the new year.

Timur and Masha will be well-known to Eurovision fans, as both have hosted the event in Ukraine on previous occasions. Masha hosted the show in 2005 along with Pavlo Shylko, and Timur in 2017 with Oleksandr Skichko and Volodymyr Ostapchuk. Timur has also been Ukraine’s commentator since 2007, and has hosted the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Ukraine in 2009 and 2013.

AlekS

Veteran
^ Timur denied that rumour.
Tho I'm 100% sure it will be him again. He was honoured by UK National Television Awards, and he presented an award there. They showed Sam Ryder applauding him. It would have been super symbolical if Graham Norton won that category and they met on stage :)

Last edited:

StephenMuckle

If it is him then he should at least have a major role. He took a back seat to the other two and their awful attempts at flirting with the female spokespersons during the voting the last time.

AlekS

Veteran
If it is him then he should at least have a major role. He took a back seat to the other two and their awful attempts at flirting with the female spokespersons during the voting the last time.
I blame it on the awful script written by British producers and them forcing a closeted gay to flirt with women :giggle:

hijirio

Veteran
Well, that didn't age well. Believe what they do, not what they sing:

It's a very tricky situation and more profound than it seems if you ask me.

Because who can guarantee that Dami Im is not supporting Putin and his actions? What about Poli Genova? We cannot ask all participants what they think of Russia's aggression one by one.

Also, maybe Polina was against Putin's actions back in 2015, and it's in recent years that she became a troll. We cannot confirm any of these, Conchita spoke for that very moment and she did the right thing: approaching an artist without prejudice.

And as a matter of fact, the world was way too tolerant for Russia's violations back then, Russia even hosted FIFA 2018 while Crimea was still under occupation. And lest we forget, Rusia was still participating in Esc 2021 when Belarus was already booted. Who cares about Belarus now? It's all a matter of how the general public opinion changed swiftly.

AlekS

Veteran
Polina Gagarina was so against Putin's actions that she was working for putin's propaganda & their state channel in 2015 with her peace ballad, while their troops were invading Ukraine, shooting MH 17 Boeing and threatening to turn the West into radioactive dust.
The chief of the Сhannel 1 selects their entries directly and solely, with total control and approval by the presiden't administration. According to Verka, he personally approached Verka in 2007 right in Ostankino TV tower and asked her to become Russian representative (Danilko described it in all the details). After receiving refusal he started real political campaign against our entry, involving all propagandist media. In 2009 Rusian televoters chose Ukrainian singer, but the same channel launched numerous xenophobic attacks on their own representative, to the point where she hired securities.

If Polina was really pro-peace and against putin, they would have destroyed her. They used her (just like they used Samoylova) and she was fully aware of that.
Polina even used to live in Kyiv, because she had no money and tried her luck with a rich producer. According to people who allowed her to live in their flat, she has always been like that. Polina always talked trash about Ukrainians behind closed doors, and once she went to Moscow she completely ghosted everyone who helped her.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Polina wasn´t known as a fascist to foreigners back then.
There was nothing wrong about Conchita defending her.

In retrospect, this didn´t age well... same applies to the The Tolmachevy Sisters - back in 2014, they were potrayed as the cute and innocent young women who just wanted to sing - their love for mass murderers and fascim hadn´t been known.

I have always distinguished between Eurovision and politics (some sort of) - I mean, I even voted for Sergey Lazarev back in 2016 - (I still voted for Ukraine and Poland more often..but you get the idea behind it)... my aunt fell for Polina and voted for her back in 2015 (even though I told her not to)... The thing is... most viewers don´t know about the political views of their artists (just look at how people still adore Pink Floyd even though Roger Waters supports fascism and antisemitism) - they don´t even remember their names whilst watching Eurovision and just vote for the most convincing performance... Conchita is not an exception (she remembered the names due to hosting the event, though).

Polina, however, is not just "a troll" - she´s become an avid supporter of genocide, ethnic cleansing, colonialisation, imperialism and fascism - same applies to Sergey Lazarev and The Tolmachevy Sisters.. and they should be treated like that.

It´s a pity that she was even allowed to compete at Eurovision but that´s just the way it is... no artist has to prove that they are democracts and non-Nazis to participate... and even if they do so, there´s no guarantee of them staying human and democratic years after their Eurovision participation.

I´m glad RuZZia has been banned from participating - look at what they did to Manizha - an on-going discussion in parliament if she´s "Russian enough" to participate - they´ve been using Eurovision to implement their imperalist views.....

hijirio

Veteran
Polina wasn´t known as a fascist to foreigners back then.
There was nothing wrong about Conchita defending her.

In retrospect, this didn´t age well... same applies to the The Tolmachevy Sisters - back in 2014, they were potrayed as the cute and innocent young women who just wanted to sing - their love for mass murderers and fascim hadn´t been known.

I have always distinguished between Eurovision and politics (some sort of) - I mean, I even voted for Sergey Lazarev back in 2016 - (I still voted for Ukraine and Poland more often..but you get the idea behind it)... my aunt fell for Polina and voted for her back in 2015 (even though I told her not to)... The thing is... most viewers don´t know about the political views of their artists (just look at how people still adore Pink Floyd even though Roger Waters supports fascism and antisemitism) - they don´t even remember their names whilst watching Eurovision and just vote for the most convincing performance... Conchita is not an exception (she remembered the names due to hosting the event, though).

Polina, however, is not just "a troll" - she´s become an avid supporter of genocide, ethnic cleansing, colonialisation, imperialism and fascism - same applies to Sergey Lazarev and The Tolmachevy Sisters.. and they should be treated like that.

It´s a pity that she was even allowed to compete at Eurovision but that´s just the way it is... no artist has to prove that they are democracts and non-Nazis to participate... and even if they do so, there´s no guarantee of them staying human and democratic years after their Eurovision participation.

I´m glad RuZZia has been banned from participating - look at what they did to Manizha - an on-going discussion in parliament if she´s "Russian enough" to participate - they´ve been using Eurovision to implement their imperalist views.....
Very well said, we can't expect Conchita to read Russian paparazzi and know all these unnecessary details about each participant. Omar Naber is a convicted rapist but he received a warm welcome in Kyiv 2017? Only die-hard Eurovision fans know about it.
Conchita did the right thing, approaching Polina without prejudice as she obviously didn't have the means to ask her at that time "What do you think about Putin sis?"
I am sure she is reflecting on her decision now, but the past is the past and we cannot change it or hold her accountable for her behaviour with today's values. Polina literally received 2nd highest number of votes from Europe in the final, and won both jury and televote in the semi, literally 1 year after Crimea's annexation - tells volumes about how neutral and indifferent Europe was to Russia's invasion back in the days.
We should remember every incident should be judged within the context of that particular period in history.

blue00eyes

I am deeply ashamed for supporting entries of rus both 2015 and 2016. Forgive me, I was just a teenager back then and didn't know much about behind the scenes stuff and tried to keep political things behind Eurovision which is sadly impossible.

As for Polina I knew her before she took part and I was excited to see her on ESC. Short after the invasion I completely deleted anything rus-related, unfollowed her and any russian things, music, language teachers etc don't want to see her anymore same with Ani Lorak.

Ezio

Veteran
I am deeply proud of myself that I hated all the Russian songs of recent years, except for Little Big's.

Lindon

This is so much fun to watch. I want back the musical interpretation of the BBC 1968 ( 5:10 ) and a modern version of the stars similar to the version that was displayed on the floor at the end of the opening act in 2016.

Loindici

Veteran
By the way, Julio FCKING Himede is going to design the stage!

Imagine the possibilities...

MTV-Video-Music-Awards-2018-Julio-Himede.jpeg

images

fc8b1e73453345.5c099bc814fc9.png

Mainshow

Veteran
I think I like the 2nd stage design best.

I´m not a huge fan of vertical designs like the first one.

AlienSoul

By the way, Julio FCKING Himede is going to design the stage!

Imagine the possibilities...
I don't like any of those, I would prefer something simpler. Italy 2022 suffered because the stage was like a huge frame surrounding a small canvas - the stage needs to let the act be the star, not be the star itself.

Top Bottom