2.Italy
3.Ukraine
4: The Netherlands
5.Spain
6.Sweden
7.Belgium

What are your potential winners?

Zerocalcare

I think Italy doesn't want to win again, they don't have another city like Turin with a stadium so suitable for esc. the other big 4 we know that they do not want to win, the only one was Germany but after the euros spent for 2011 they will hardly want to win soon. the Ukrainian is at war and has big economic problems, maybe she will win and save the esc 2023 a Scandinavian but the quality of the songs is vermanete low. I think Poland will win, they have never won a senior esc, they are a growing economy, the song is decent, they are close to the Ukrainian and then they want to win the esc in Italy.
thanks to the Vatican-Italy they managed to get rid of communism in the 80s, the pope was in fact Polish and was put there to bring down communism, and in fact the first country to free itself was Poland.
In reality, in Italy there is a rumor that Milan is hoping for victory because it would be ready to host the Eurovision Song Contest. In Milan, the event can be hosted at the Mediolanum Forum (Assago) and at the Palazzo delle Scintille. Then there is Pesaro with the Vitrifrigo Arena, then there is Rimini with the Rimini Fiera, followed by Bologna with the Bologna Fiere and Unipol Arena, continue along the route with Rome and its Palazzo dello Sport and the Fiera di Roma and finally, right there on the right, Sanremo with the Mercato dei Fiori. Other structures could fit in but would need some parts (for example a roof) and renovation works such as, for example, Alessandria. You can say that you prefer not to win Italy would be more correct and I would respect your thoughts.

empo21

Veteran
I'm feeling :ua: :se: :es:

:ua: my public vote win prediction
:se: my jury win prediction
:es: can creep in if the above 2 have big jury/televote disagreements

ChiversLookDivine

I can't see anyone other than Ukraine winning at the moment. I think closer to the time, people on TV, especially on shows like Good Morning Britain will probably be openly appealing for people to ignore the songs and vote Ukraine out of solidarity. Various charity groups will also be encouraging people to vote for Ukraine, similar to what disability awareness charities were doing for Lost Voice Guy on BGT. And as I've already seen, people who are hostile to Eurovision and bash it for being political see an opportunity to damage it's reputation, so I can see people like them picking up their phones and voting Ukraine to stick two fingers up to the contest and make it look bad.

Sorry, but no charity group is going to tell people to vote for Ukraine. Even the most casual ESC viewer knows that the winner hosts the next year, charities won't want to burden Ukraine with that role when their broadcaster might not even be able to afford to enter next year, in a similar way to 2015 when Ukraine had to drop out.

Aside from the juries counteracting any potential televote win, I don't think Eurovision themselves want Ukraine to win and they will try and jeopardise the song's chances, giving it a bad place in the running order or whatever usual tricks we see each year to influence their favourites. The article linked below, among other examples, pointed out how obvious it was that Eurovision wanted Australia to win in 2016, and for a number of reasons. It also points out how easy it is for Eurovision and other televised competitions to manipulate the viewer and voter.

https://escinsight.com/2017/01/23/public-vote-eurovision-song-contest-producer-influence/

Well, I'm seeing similar reasons for why Ukraine will be manipulated to lose - the EBU won't want a political victory as it undermines the contest. In a financially precarious year for Europe, they'll push Italy/Spain/UK/France or Sweden to win for some stability next year.

Zerocalcare

Sorry, but no charity group is going to tell people to vote for Ukraine. Even the most casual ESC viewer knows that the winner hosts the next year, charities won't want to burden Ukraine with that role when their broadcaster might not even be able to afford to enter next year, in a similar way to 2015 when Ukraine had to drop out.

Aside from the juries counteracting any potential televote win, I don't think Eurovision themselves want Ukraine to win and they will try and jeopardise the song's chances, giving it a bad place in the running order or whatever usual tricks we see each year to influence their favourites. The article linked below, among other examples, pointed out how obvious it was that Eurovision wanted Australia to win in 2016, and for a number of reasons. It also points out how easy it is for Eurovision and other televised competitions to manipulate the viewer and voter.

https://escinsight.com/2017/01/23/public-vote-eurovision-song-contest-producer-influence/

Well, I'm seeing similar reasons for why Ukraine will be manipulated to lose - the EBU won't want a political victory as it undermines the contest. In a financially precarious year for Europe, they'll push Italy/Spain/UK/France or Sweden to win for some stability next year.
I agree and I want to add one thing. Not only will Ukraine not make it win but it will be the points given by the jury to Ukraine that will decide the winner. In practice, Ukraine will be a "Null Vote" to obstruct one or another nation.

Miss Antartica

Rating asc thrird episode decrease again the viewvers 1.600.000

TimeShow18-49 Rating/ShareViewers (mil)Network
8 PMAmerican Idol0.65.47ABC
The Neighborhood (R)0.43.80CBS
9-1-1 (R)0.32.18Fox
American Song Contest0.31.60NBC
All American (R)0.10.35The CW

Carlkva

I think besides the obvious favorites :se: :ua::it:, I also percieve :es::uk::nl: as having very good chances of victory

I could also see :pl::at::au::fr::rs::no: take it home if they nail their performances

Overall this year is so open and difficult to predict

EDC0708

I expect Ukraine will be clear winners in the end, doing reasonably with the jury, and winning the televote.

kruskica

Tbh this year is so hard to predict, juries and televote are going to disagree so much. The only songs that I feel are going to be liked by both jury and tele are Spain and Sweden. And much of it will depend on how juries will feel towards Ukraine. As a surprise winner, I can see Norway taking it. Absolute televote bait and shouldnt be disliked by juries too, since the production is really good.

StephenMuckle

If Ukraine does not win, bookies should me made to give any profit from bets made to humanitarian efforts. Should not be allowed to exploit the war for selfish gain.

midnightsun

Veteran
After the first live performances, which are quite a bit telling (even though the sound will be much better in Turin), I think some songs are emerging as winners more than others.

The best chances at the moment do have, in my opinion, :se: and :pl:.

Poland has the slight disadvantage of the falsetto which could be a turn-off for some.

Also in to win is :gr: but it depends strongly on the staging.

Further contenders are :nl: & :uk: but the live voices have to be improved. And yes, I still think Sam Ryder isn’t the over the top vocalist some call him (and I love the song and wouldn’t mind him winning!).

:ua: is hard to predict, does it really have chances? Not everyone likes rap, some will vote for them due to the political situation but at the same time others will be reluctant to vote for them because the future is uncertain. Also, some juries won’t vote for them because they want to stay unbiased and not driven by politics (German jury will certainly do that, just as in 2016).

:it: will probably dash against the juries. I can’t see the juries voting for them after they have already won last year. People might not care but I'm pretty sure for the juries this will be an important factor. (Same goes for The Netherlands.)

Songs I rule out:

:no: No jury will put this in their top 3 (maybe Sweden) and we don’t know if it has really that huge appeal to the public.

:es: Not a Jury favourite and with a big part of the audience being female her booty shaking doesn’t help either.

:fr: A little too un-professional to be a sure contender.

:at: & :al: have never been contenders for me, just fan bait.

GRE

A Spanish medium said that these countries will be in top5:
(in random order)

:gr::ua::uk::es::se:

GRE

What´s the track record of this "medium"??
He is supposed to be very popular in his country,

I really don't know more details.

Only that Spain will have some technical problems in televoting.

EscUKFan

I think at this point it’ll be one of :se::ua::uk:

Maybe :es: could do a Fuego, but I feel like it’s more of a safe top ten (which would still be really good obviously!)

Laepo1

I think its going to be between :se: and :uk:. Or maybe :ua: because of whats going on.

Zeus

:ua: will win the televotes. Top 5 with the juries. Pretty sure they will win.

A surprise winner should come somewhat close with the televotes, and make the difference with a massive juryvote.

Italy, UK, Netherlands, Greece.. I don't see them come close to Ukraine with the televotes.

So, the only one that could be a surprise winner is :se:

Top Bottom