Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

HayashiM

Veteran
I just blocked a person (from the UK) on reddit who was literally trying to find a political reason for every single country who voted for UK why they voted for the UK (such as: "Israel gave our points because we helped them exist""Georgia also feels threatened by Russia so they gave us points because we support Ukraine" "Germany gave us points because western block" etc), she doesn't like space man herself, accused me of saying there were never politics involved while I just gave examples of when they weren't and then gave examples of when they were after them saying it is all political (so basically: person 1: "ESC is all political!" person 2: "there are many of top 5 entries and winners with no politics involved! Here are some winners when politics were involved! Politics exist in ESC but it is not always the case" person 1: "HOW DARE YOU SAY POLITICS ARE NEVER INVOLVED YOU ARE DEAD WRONG") and gosh, these people are just impossible sometimes. I am sorry for the secondhand embarassment I have given genuinely intelligent people from the UK by writing this.
Confirmation bias :D It's funny how people need to keep coming up with justifications for their worldview ("it's political and that's why Europe had first hated and then loved us") instead of simply admitting they might have been somewhat wrong and altering that worldview for the future ("ESC could get a little political at times but Europe mostly just hasn't appreciated our songs, yet this time they did").

GermanBango

A little thought experiment. These would have been the results of Semi 1 if Ukraine would have dropped out:

22.jpg

Jury 12 Points
5 :gr: (Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, France and Italy)
4 :nl: (Albania, Switzerland, Denmark and Armenia)
3 :ch: (Lithuania, Bulgaria and Moldova)
1 :pt: (Croatia)
1 :am: (Austria)
1 :no: (Iceland)
1 :lt: (Slovenia)
1 :lv: (portugal)
1 :al: (Greece)

Tele 12 Points
5 :md: (Netherlands, Portugal, Croatia, Austria and Italy)
3 :no: (Moldova, Denmark and Iceland)
2 :am: (Bulgaria and France)
2 :gr: (Norway and Armenia)
1 :lt: (Latvia)
1 :pt: (Switzerland)
1 :al: (Greece)
1 :hr: (Slovenia)
1 :bg: (Albania)
1 :lv: (Lithuania)

harey

@GermanBango but... we can suppose that it's correct for the jury vote because they are ranking songs but we have no idea to which songs televoters would have given their vote instead of Ukraine. There 's absolutely no reason to think that those who voted for Ukraine would have voted for the Netherlands or Australia i sted.

Ezio

Veteran
YouTube ranking

:ua: 18m
:es: 15m
:uk: 7.4m
:al: 4m
:no: 3.9m
:md: 3.8m
:ro: 3.8m
:rs: 2.6m
:se: 2.5m
:de: 2.2m
:it: 2.1m
:pl: 2m
:fr: 1.9m
:cy: 1.5m
:nl: 1.3m
:pt: 1.3m
:fi: 1m
:lv: 1m
:at: 851k
:il: 814k
:gr: 768k
:az: 751k
:sm: 745k
:ee: 700k
:hr: 693k
:ie: 648k
:lt: 630k
:au: 614k
:am: 520k
:be: 502k
:ch: 470k
:sl: 470k
:cz: 451k
:mt: 397k
:mk: 351k
:is: 333k
:ge: 307k
:dk: 307k
:bg: 277k
:me: 173k

GermanBango

@GermanBango but... we can suppose that it's correct for the jury vote because they are ranking songs but we have no idea to which songs televoters would have given their vote instead of Ukraine. There 's absolutely no reason to think that those who voted for Ukraine would have voted for the Netherlands or Australia i sted.
That is obviously true, yes. Was just for fun.

12Pointsgoto.....

Spanish eurovision fans need to stop. They need to stop. Among the already very toxic eurovision fandom, they are the most toxic fan group. Channel slayed and would have been a deserved winner, but that doesn't mean that people need to berate other artists and people that like other songs. Saying things like: "Chanel was obviously the winner, people that don't think so should die", "Everyone knows the actual winner is chanel, Sam Ryder sounded terrible, Cornelia is the worst ever" etc. People should just be grateful for how high she came. Also I remember 2 months ago when most of these people were attacking chanel just because tanxuguerias didn't win Benidorm. They attacked her so much that she left twitter. Even organising protests against the jurors low scoring of Tanxuguerias.

12Pointsgoto.....

Israel getting hardly any points in the televote except for two 10 points from azerbaijan and georgia is so weird. Michael Ben David is half georgian but still, this is weird. I wouldn't consider these two countries LGBTQ+ friendly. Also the rest of georgia's points are just comletely allingned with the over all televote result. Like except for israel the other nine countries are the top nine.

12Pointsgoto.....

Whoever decided to turn off Dima Bilans Microphone during the interval act in 2012 saved the act. Dima was so drunk and he was more off key than Madonna during his solo. Also Ell and Nikki forgetting the lyrics to Waterloo during the same act and having to be saved by Lena and Marija was another moment.

Mainshow

Veteran
Official German Download Single Chart:

#1 :ua:
#2 :de: (last week: 30)
#7 :se:
#12 :uk:
#13 "Supermodel" by Måneskin
#21 :nl:
#24 :fi:
#27 :am:
#29 :pt:
#32 :es:
#33 :it: (re-entry)
#35 :no:
#44 :cz:
#50 :md:
#52 :ro:
#54 :ch:
#68 :fr:
#76 :is:
#78 :ee:
#96 :pl:
#97 "Hold Me Now" by Johnny Logan

It´s crazy to think that if we had the same "chart rules" like 2013/2014, we would have seen 16+ Eurovision entries on our official single charts again - I know that the world has changed and consumes music differently now but it´s still great to see that Eurovision has an impact on consumers.

Personally, I prefer download charts to the official ones which are filled with new releases by the most "popular" rappers as well as the first 1-4 tracks of a new release by the biggest popstar right now (and then Spotify listeners lost interest in checking out the other album tracks).

12Pointsgoto.....

Official German Download Single Chart:

#1 :ua:
#2 :de: (last week: 30)
#7 :se:
#12 :uk:
#13 "Supermodel" by Måneskin
#21 :nl:
#24 :fi:
#27 :am:
#29 :pt:
#32 :es:
#33 :it: (re-entry)
#35 :no:
#44 :cz:
#50 :md:
#52 :ro:
#54 :ch:
#68 :fr:
#76 :is:
#78 :ee:
#96 :pl:
#97 "Hold Me Now" by Johnny Logan

It´s crazy to think that if we had the same "chart rules" like 2013/2014, we would have seen 16+ Eurovision entries on our official single charts again - I know that the world has changed and consumes music differently now but it´s still great to see that Eurovision has an impact on consumers.

Personally, I prefer download charts to the official ones which are filled with new releases by the most "popular" rappers as well as the first 1-4 tracks of a new release by the biggest popstar right now (and then Spotify listeners lost interest in checking out the other album tracks).
Is Johnny Logan 97 because of his performance on german pre show on the grand final?

Mainshow

Veteran
Is Johnny Logan 97 because of his performance on german pre show on the grand final?
That makes sense! I haven´t watched the contest on German TV and thus, I can´t tell you who performed at that show but back in the day (when single charts were relevant), such performances really had an impact. Loreen´s "We Got The Power" also just narrowly missed a chart entry back in 2013...

12Pointsgoto.....

That makes sense! I haven´t watched the contest on German TV and thus, I can´t tell you who performed at that show but back in the day (when single charts were relevant), such performances really had an impact. Loreen´s "We Got The Power" also just narrowly missed a chart entry back in 2013...
I dont know why I watch the german pre show every year. I just love Barbara hosting. Didn't she recently take over Verstehen Sie Spass

ESC94

She did!

But I hope she leaves Eurovision behind and gets replaced by Anke Engelke who is actually a big Eurovision fan and actually cares about it. Barbara doesn't give a shit.

Oh yeah, basically no ESC fan I know likes her, she´s fake as **** and only cares about hersfelf.

But I have to admit she wasn´t the most embarrassing spokesperson this year, that price goes to the Philipp Hansa from :at: who held a cringy speech on Miss Universe level and then opened a champaign bottle and drank out of it. xfacepalm

12Pointsgoto.....

Realistically, I think Barbara has become a part of eurovision every year. I am still sad that she didn't go: This is hamburg calling!!!

mitch67

odd
Moldova getting ten points from the german televote and being so far behind the Ukraine? 10th position if one just takes eurovision entries?

Last edited:
Top Bottom