Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

12Pointsgoto.....

it is surprsing though that the satelleite could not get connection to 5 countries.. given the fact that we know how that there were irregularities .. no surprise..

i wonder if this will result in a change of the system..
yeah, I noticed that too

mitch67

i did not have any idea, and several countreis was too unlikely.. after reading Wikipedia I had the answer.
wonder what will come out and what will be done next time

12Pointsgoto.....

i did not have any idea, and several countreis was too unlikely.. after reading Wikipedia I had the answer.
wonder what will come out and what will be done next time
I hope Ukraine or whoever will host for them will not mess up like this year

Ianp16

I don't understand why 3-4 hosts are required. Maybe because of the size of the venues, and the amount of time it takes to travel to different areas? This could be the only reason?

I think ESC really only needs 1-2 presenters. Of course Sweden understand this, and have hosted with Petra, and then Petra and Mans in 13 and 16.

12Pointsgoto.....

I don't understand why 3-4 hosts are required. Maybe because of the size of the venues, and the amount of time it takes to travel to different areas? This could be the only reason?

I think ESC really only needs 1-2 presenters. Of course Sweden understand this, and have hosted with Petra, and then Petra and Mans in 13 and 16.
If you want 1 host you need to make sure that this host is amazing like Petra. You usually want 2 for the dynamics. 3 hosts feel a bit awkward, while if you have 4 hosts you can divide the work more evenly. I find last years 4 hosts pretty good

nino77ns

I have to admit it, I was wrong. I believed that europe would vote upon their own taste, but no. I know many people love the ukrainian song and it was not a bad song. But, to achieve a score this high, it is impossible. This also takes away the credibility of the contest. I am sure that Ukraine would have gotten a very high result anyway, but now, their victory will always be remembered as political. This makes it hard for Kalush to feel proud of themselves. I am also mad about France and Czech Republic. The running order definitely killed czech republic, but France was also robbed. Serbia's result was deserved and I am so proud of the UK. Spain slayed and sweden was of course amazing. I am so happy Portugal got top 10. I am a bit suprised at how low Greece was. The semi results were also suprising
It is clear that political theft is also a matter of pity .. because of the war in Ukraine It is ridiculous and sad ... but it is only a shame of Europe that it declared tonight ..

midnightsun

Veteran
Some thoughts on the finale:

The hosts yesterday were rather bad. I liked them in the semis but yesterday felt forced and they were nervous.
The show was pretty good but I also liked the semis better.

Audio and camera were MUCH better than before! Someone did their homework…

And you may not believe it but I think the stage and its design (with the lights and waterfall and shape and all that stuff) is one of the best we‘ve ever had! I really like it!

Songwise I can’t say too much. I think a lot of songs that deserve more were at the right (=wrong) site of the board.

EscGeek

Veteran
Me in 2019: "Three of the last four winners were in my bottom 12"
Me in 2022: "Three of the last four winners were in my top 7"

xyaay

Top Bottom