Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

12Pointsgoto.....

I need pro tips on how to avoid the " It Is AlL pOltotiCS uKrAiNE wIlL iWN sTuPid CiRCUUS " people, it is unavoidable to read the moment I open facebook and I am getting very frustrated. And when I write a comment to counteract anything I get, of course, commented on by trolls who are like 'sure, and the earth is flat' as if they make sense.
People can vote for whoever they want, it doesn't matter if it is politics or not, everyone has the right to vote. All is fair in this game. People these days need to chill and stop taking everything so seriously. Don't let people like them get your mood down and don't let them ruin your evening. Enjoy the show, have some food, forget about it. I do not like Ukraine's song, but I am sure there are many out there that do.

12Pointsgoto.....

People can vote for whoever they want, it doesn't matter if it is politics or not, everyone has the right to vote. All is fair in this game. People these days need to chill and stop taking everything so seriously. Don't let people like them get your mood down and don't let them ruin your evening. Enjoy the show, have some food, forget about it. I do not like Ukraine's song, but I am sure there are many out there that do.
Same goes with every result. People these days can't fathom that there are people with different opinions. If the jury doesn't like a song that you like, people go: pOlitiCs; tHis iS a soNg ContEst; JuriEs sHoulD bE aBoliSheD, etc.

mauve

Veteran
I wasn't too much into "If love was a crime", but should she return with a good song, I am all for it! :)

nino77ns

funny and sad ... if these are the votes of the audience ... pure political manipulation ... as now we are sorry for Ukraine because it is at war so let's vote for them ... total political shit from the Eurovision Song Contest .... this for sure they are not the voices of the audience

nino77ns

Europe has only once again shown that one big piece of shit. a manipulator who mixes political things everywhere, just like America ...

12Pointsgoto.....

I have to admit it, I was wrong. I believed that europe would vote upon their own taste, but no. I know many people love the ukrainian song and it was not a bad song. But, to achieve a score this high, it is impossible. This also takes away the credibility of the contest. I am sure that Ukraine would have gotten a very high result anyway, but now, their victory will always be remembered as political. This makes it hard for Kalush to feel proud of themselves. I am also mad about France and Czech Republic. The running order definitely killed czech republic, but France was also robbed. Serbia's result was deserved and I am so proud of the UK. Spain slayed and sweden was of course amazing. I am so happy Portugal got top 10. I am a bit suprised at how low Greece was. The semi results were also suprising

12Pointsgoto.....

Also this eurovision is a very good example why the 50/50 system is good. Especially looking at the semi result

12Pointsgoto.....

Also, after they announced the dutch points, they changed the camera to Nadir who obviously got 3 points. Just like they did with Albania. As said before, disgusting and shameful. This years contest was just drama over drama, controversy , shocks. I feel sad for all the artists that have been torn through this unorganised mess and I hope that they can remember this contest in a bright light.

Deleted member 12761

Well, I'm happy it's finally over. I thought the show itself was good and the quality of the songs was good this year. There was a lot of negativity this year with the broken sun etc. I also didn't like certain things about the show and I think that 21 was overall better. I'm not happy with the winner and I also believe that this will hurt the image of the contest. No one can say that it's not about politics. Right now I'm not sure if I'm going to watch the contest next year or skip it but it's too early to think about that. The contest has become too political and I also think there needs to be a change of the voting system. I like the juries but there need to be more members with diverse tastes and I also think it's time for app voting where we can rank the music acts.

Hikaru

Very proud of Spain and Chanel, they really outdid what everyone was expecting and gave Spain a result to make every Spaniard happy.

UK also fought well this year... but everything was robbed because we all should feel pity towards Ukraine, but not towards Palestine or some African countries that are in the middle of a war or a political conflict. I'm so ashamed of being European, they didn't deserved to win, they really didn't.

Countless of post talking about vocal capacity, performance and more things and now THAT wins? WTF like I know most of the people who vote doesn't even know about ESC forums and similar sites but common, if you want to support Ukraine, give them that money instead of expending it on ESC.

12Pointsgoto.....

Very proud of Spain and Chanel, they really outdid what everyone was expecting and gave Spain a result to make every Spaniard happy.

UK also fought well this year... but everything was robbed because we all should feel pity towards Ukraine, but not towards Palestine or some African countries that are in the middle of a war or a political conflict. I'm so ashamed of being European, they didn't deserved to win, they really didn't.

Countless of post talking about vocal capacity, performance and more things and now THAT wins? WTF like I know most of the people who vote doesn't even know about ESC forums and similar sites but common, if you want to support Ukraine, give them that money instead of expending it on ESC.
It also isn't about the fact that Ukraine won or by the fact that Ukraine won by a huge margin. It is that you could easily see that this was not because everyone loved the song. The 2 highest televotes before were Fairy tale and Arma Pelos Dois, which would for most viewers be easier to like and listen to. Especially since both years were not that strong in comparison to these 2 songs, which made them stand out. This year however, the songs are not as bad as every says they are. There were multiple stand out acts, which was part of the reason nobody knew what was going to happen to the result. There is no way that more than 50% of the people that voted for Ukraine did it solely because they loved the song. If Ukraine had won with 200+ jury points and 300+ televote points, there would still be a lot of politics involved, but it would be much more realistic. If I were an artist, I would not enjoy this win that much, because of the reason the votes came. People saying that Kalush worked hard and that is why they deserved, I never said that Kalush didn't deserve it. I am very happy for them. It is just that the way it was achieved takes in question the legitimacy of the contest, especially the non- political part of it. The Contest has been getting more and more fire every year regarding politics and this year everything exploded. Also, there were 39 other acts that also spent months of hard work, traveling, paying their own money and time, rehearsal, semi's and all the preparties. All of this just so you lose because of pity points. Now, most artists are obviously happy with Ukraine winning, but this still shouldn't happen. Without the war, I am sure that Ukraine would have gotten at least 150 points and maybe even close to 250. This also doesn't mean that Sam Ryder would have won, as this would have released a lot of points to other countries and freed up the usual voting blocks. Czech Republic or Poland might have gotten more points. Generally I don't think that this many artists would get such low televote points (ie. australia, azerbaijan, czech republic, belgium, switzerland, germany).

Top Bottom