Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

AlienSoul

EBU allows :au: to let an online voting replace entire the televoting!

I repeat: There will be NO TELEVOTING for Australia this year!

Actually, I think that this is utterly outrageous and a punch in the face of :sm: which has to deal with "fake, randomly calculated televoting points [a combination of Albania, Cyprus, Greece and maybe Italian votes]".

The reason for this is that the Australian telecommunications companies no longer support premium SMS so they can't charge 55 cents per text message as in previous years. Thus they created this new system of online voting which requires a card issued by an Australian bank. If you use all the possible 20 votes it will cost A$11.00

Loindici

Veteran

midnightsun

Veteran
The reason for this is that the Australian telecommunications companies no longer support premium SMS so they can't charge 55 cents per text message as in previous years. Thus they created this new system of online voting which requires a card issued by an Australian bank. If you use all the possible 20 votes it will cost A$11.00
Thanks for the explanation!

popavapeur

Surprised to see Netherlands so high.
If we look at the staging, that wasn't the best of the evening but the song alone is really good and everybody agreed on that.

There's a reason she was high in the odds when the song dropped out, I can see De Diepte being Top 5 with the juries based on song alone.

Btw There's always something going on about the last place announced (and we can make a case about the last 3 announced)

either 1) it was first in the televote (the 1st in the televote is often in the last 3 announced - not always), 2) the last announced was high in the ranking, 3) it's a country they want to dump with a low score or middle of the road for the running order (it's literally the 10th to pick a half), 4) the last announced had a storyline (Ireland in 2018 in the final since ages for example).

imho The Netherlands was either 1st in the televote/Jury vote or Top 3 overall and i'll argue that maybe Moldova was 1st in the televote, they have huge views and they're charting way better than Ukraine.

AlekS

Veteran
maybe Moldova was 1st in the televote, they have huge views and they're charting way better than Ukraine.
They're trending in Romania & Croatia.
Ukraine is trending in 28 countries.
I was actually expecting better figures for them on the East.

popavapeur

They're trending in Romania & Croatia.
Ukraine is trending in 28 countries.
I was actually expecting better figures for them on the East.

I should have been more precise, they were indeed charting better than Ukraine right after the show, now Ukraine has overtaken them.
But I don't know where you see the 28 countries trending ? If it is Youtube, then it isn't reliable, if it was a good indicator we would have seen Poland and Spain win each year. I did try to check what was trending in videos and music but not a single video from the SF1 was trending anywhere ? (Except our own country obviously and France is 45th which is pretty bad as it's quite easy to trend in YT here)

I feel like Spotify "may" be more accurate (but In France for example, Deezer is almost as used) and Ukraine is ranked in 6 countries (from place 7th to 171). On Itunes in 6 countries (from place 12th to 80) and in Apple Music in 17 countries (from 2nd to 96).

I'm not saying this isn't doing well or it won't win or anything close to that though (obviously it's one of the most successful from SF1) I'm sharing what i'm seeing with the data that is available to me right here right now.

cegs5

I find extremely ridiculous that many artists feel sad or disappointed for being in 1st half and many are excited when pick the second half as if it guaranteed them a better place or more chances to do well… it’s sad that they are so contaminated by the fandom.

midnightsun

Veteran
I find extremely ridiculous that many artists feel sad or disappointed for being in 1st half and many are excited when pick the second half as if it guaranteed them a better place or more chances to do well… it’s sad that they are so contaminated by the fandom.
THIS, thank you!!!!

Hook2Hook

I think the triangle front stage is the reason why keep camera works hard to found the best shot, and it's not so friendly for performers either, all of all SF 2 was slightly improved...

12Pointsgoto.....

My last place of the night (Belgium) qualified? I am not a big fan of the song, but I also do not hate it like a lot of people do. But the stage ate him up and it looked really weird. His vocals were off sometimes, not as bad as in the rehearsals though. I cannot see the Juries give him too many points. I don't get it.

12Pointsgoto.....

And then we have cyprus, who I was very shocked that it NQed. Her vocals were a bit shaky during the verses but overall it looked like there was effort in it, unlike some other qualifiers. Except for belgium and cypprus I am fine with the result. MY favourite was Czech Republic, who qualified

12Pointsgoto.....

I thought they would have solved the problem with camera men but they didn't. It just feels like the Broad caster is trying to sabotage everyone

AlekS

Veteran
I feel like Spotify "may" be more accurate (but In France for example, Deezer is almost as used) and Ukraine is ranked in 6 countries
In 14 (excluding Ukraine). Also, #1 among non-local ESC entries in 11 countries. Main chart, not the viral one.
I should have been more precise, they were indeed charting better than Ukraine right after the show, now Ukraine has overtaken them.
You can't say if they gained those figures right after the show (I really doubt that) or 19 hours before the show.
Secondly, they were "overtaken" by at least 2 more entries on Spotify. Judging from YT trends and Spotify figures, they weren't even in the televoters' top 3.
But I don't know where you see the 28 countries trending ? If it is Youtube, then it isn't reliable...
Actually, it correctly predicted the televoting faves last year. Youtube and Spotify can't predict the Big 5 positions tho.
I see it on Youtube. 30 countries. They have entered Romanian (#43) and Portuguese (#8) trends.

I did try to check what was trending in videos and music but not a single video from the SF1 was trending anywhere ?
Yep, nothing is trending in France. Go_A didn't trend there as well before the final.
They do trend in other countries, among all videos (pick "now").

Last edited:

12Pointsgoto.....

I rewatched again analyse aand am I the only one who found it really really lack luster? It was terrible, and the worst live performance this year IMO.

harey

So with this semi I remembered why I liked Czech Republic and Sweden so much at first (it faded with time and yesterday I really enjoyed them and ranked them high). I'm sad for Georgia and Ireland. I really love Serbia and I liked Belgium and I feel bad seeing how people are harsh on twitter saying that he stole a spot (?!?!). I can't stand Azerbaijan and Australia but saying that they stole the qualification fir xxx country ? I don't get it.

Top Bottom