Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Deleted member 12761

I like Laura, too. She is funny!

The italian ratings for the first SF1 are great. The ratings there have been going up for years. It's great to see! It's so emotional imo when your country is the host country. I hope Italians enjoy their own show!

goncalovieira

Portuguese rating

8.2 rating
17% share

Around 800k.

Very good result for RTP standards. A bit more than last year.

NeoTen

What are your thoughts about the hosts??

I kinda liked them, especially Laura. :)
Liked the coin toss, but overall, their script was really dull, I don't get why the Swedish are the only ones that can actually write jokes. Laura is really pretty though. I would like to see more "skin" of her though ^^''...

GermanBango

Hmmm I`m not sure what to think of the show just yet....
- The opening and interval-acts (- Diodato obvs) felt out of place to me
- The small vids didn`t really excite
- The hosts are okay although I`m not too fond of Laura`s English
- The stage sadly is looking as bad as expected with the dead sun. The only performance/staging that I really liked was Portugal actually (bias aside)
- The postcards are not really memorable
- The camera work felt a little clunky here and there
- The visuals are really really nice

Overall it was a decent night but there is definitely room for improvement. I remember when the Semi 1 in 2017 rolled around and I was less than unimpressed only to witness a much better second Semi. We shall see.

Ajeje Brazorf

The hosts are fine, they are just presenting the contest in an "Italian way" (like they should, at least to me, to appear more natural). If you watch Italian shows we are used to that type of hosting, but I admit this way of hosting may be not everyone's cup of tea.

ESC94

Overall I enjoyed the semi a lot and it ended too fast for me. :)

Unlike @GermanBango I really liked the opening with "Nessun Dorma" in a modern way, the interval act with the Djs wasn´t really my cup of tea, but I´m generally not a big fan of Djs.

The hosts were alright, not too stiff but not too silly either. My favourite was as I already said Laura, but Alessandro was good as well and even Mika didn´t annoy me.

The postcards were ok, nothing outstanding but not bad either. With the artists it would´ve been better.

The camera work was the biggest issue yesterday, at some point I felt like riding a rollercoaster.

The announcement of the qualifying countries was good, not too long to torture the contestants but also not too fast that any excitement was killed.

Franco

I think it would have been better if the postcards were focused on the artists.
Other than that, I liked the show.

Bobjan FR

My thoughts on yesterday :

Stage : Finally, i found it gorgeous. The black sun wasn't a problem at all
Postcards : Boaf...
Interval acts : amazing, the fai rumore performnce was intense
Results : .... I knew i would be disappointed :3

Our comentator (Laurence boccolini, the lady presenter of Eurovision France) was good, she knew of what she was talking.

musicfan

Overall impression not good. Obviously some aspects of the staging were good, with the money that must have been spent you'd expect that. But the camerawork was shoddy at times. The postcards were a joke, a complete waste of space. The presenters are what they are, the days when you had professionals presenting this seem to be rare in modern times. Opening and interval acts generally lacked something beyond a few visuals. Diodato got a chance to perform but the crowd ended up singing much of it.

midnightsun

Veteran
I mean camera people during a performance, there were always camera people in the background waiting for there shot, but we could see them when we weren't supposed to

Yes, indeed. There were a lot of unnecessary shots where you could see people, staff, cables, counter on the ceiling etc. It didn’t felt like a music tv show, sometimes I had a feeling they were filming a concert.

Laepo1

I found the hosts so cringey and forced, specially Mika, and the other guy was a bit lost sometimes. Laura did what she could with the text she had poor thing.

The postcards were so bad... the drone was cute at first but got really annoying as the show went on.

Camera work was rather bad also and the sound... I mean, we could hear Ronela's hair hitting the dancers legs.

But I did like the stage, and the interval act was amazing, specially considering it was a semi-final. great job on that. (Diodato xheart)

empo21

Veteran
Minor nitpick, but the background for the results being static looks so old-fashioned. They seriously can't be bothered by putting some animation to it!?

nino77ns

The first night was funny to me. No song stood out to be fun at something

Last edited:

nino77ns

The songs were totally lame, I hadn't heard any songs before. I expected to like something at the first hearing, but it didn't happen... I don't even know these songs that went through the top 10 what they deserved. Nonsense... There used to be a song that was listened to for the rest of the year... But now I don't think it's going to be anything, and it's all set up... It's stupid not to see the voices coming in... And it can be easily manipulated by voting. Politics is everywhere

eurovizian

Is nobody going to talk about when Netherlands was announced as the last qualifier that the camera just switched to Ronela. I think that was completely inappropriate, why would you do that? It was disgusting behaviour, the producers knew exactly what was going to happen and that is why they did it. It was really awkward and they sacrificed someone else's dignity for more interesting TV.
Agree. It was so cheap and poor taste.

Top Bottom