Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

crashworld

Veteran
ESC fans trash we been knew.

I think the ones on Twitter are the worst. Followed by the ones on youtube (including some youtubers - can't stand the ones from ESCXtra), .net forum and Reddit. Digital Spy got a few nasty ones.

Over here, we are MOSTLY fine. At least we try our best to keep it civil. We only lose our cool with each other, but not with the artists MOSTLY.

Last edited:

eurovizian

I think the ones on Twitter are the worst. Followed by the ones on youtube (including some youtubers - can't stand the ones from ESCXtra), .net forum and Reddit. Digital Spy got a few nasty ones.

Over here, we are MOSTLY fine. At least we try our best to keep it civil. We only lose our cool with each other, but not with the artists MOSTLY.
Digital Spy are mostly what I call British MOANERS, the kind that bitch about everything in the Daily Mail comment section.

Twitter is pure cancer, as always. Avoid it and save your sanity (and humanity, because the real world it isn't).

I like to read people's honest opinions and not Reddit memes made by a 14 year old.

12Pointsgoto.....

I hope all artists and organizers can ignore the mean and hateful comments on twitter. This is giving eurovision a really bad look, but will also give those that are being civil in their feedback a bad look.

FilipFromSweden

Honestly this pre-ESC season (including rehersals) have been extra messy and dramatic, I stand for everything I've said but my gut feeling still says that after next Saturday fans will be like omg this was one of the best ESC editions ever. Happens every damn year (except 2017)

esc87fan

Thank goodness for the official YouTube channel, I will be able to watch the live shows through that route since it's not blocked in Canada (according to the geoblock checker, all countries except Greece, Czech Republic and the United States will be able to watch the streams without restriction)

Hopefully another channel here will be able to get the broadcast rights to Eurovision in the future

12Pointsgoto.....

Thank goodness for the official YouTube channel, I will be able to watch the live shows through that route since it's not blocked in Canada (according to the geoblock checker, all countries except Greece, Czech Republic and the United States will be able to watch the streams without restriction)

Hopefully another channel here will be able to get the broadcast rights to Eurovision in the future
Luckily the Chinese Broadcaster also streams it this year

Mainshow

Veteran
EUROVISION 2022 in numbers:

Who´ll be performing:
- Solo Female: 15
- Solo Male: 11
- Duos: 2
- Groups & Collaborations: 12

How they were chosen:
- National Final: 26
- Partial Nationa Final: 1
- Internal Selection: 12
- Other: 1

What language will the song be performed in?
- English: 25
- Single langauge, not in English: 8
- Multilingual: 6

+ 34 entries were (partially) written/composed by the performer themselves! (I didn´t expect this to be that high this year!)

I think that there´s one song missing (eurovision.tv only counts 39 (25+8+6) in the language category.
If you want to know who´s under 20, over 40 years-old and which artists make use of a pseudonym (and if you want to find out their real names and how they are written in their native languages) & more "trivia/fun facts":

12Pointsgoto.....

+ 34 entries were (partially) written/composed by the performer themselves! (I didn´t expect this to be that high this year!)

I think that there´s one song missing (eurovision.tv only counts 39 (25+8+6) in the language category.
If you want to know who´s under 20, over 40 years-old and which artists make use of a pseudonym (and if you want to find out their real names and how they are written in their native languages) & more "trivia/fun facts":

I actually think it is funny that so many people are saying that there are too many male artists this year, when there are actually more female ones. I myself also didn't realize that there were more females.

Bobjan FR

I guess the "partial national final" is moldova, what is "other" ?

nudiecrudi

But it doesn't look good. Just because you don't know something is wrong, doesn't mean that people lose their sense of taste. And it is not about our enjoyment, it is about the artists. I have a friend who is in the Latvian delegation and they are furious. It didn't look completely terrible in the first rehearsals, but that was because they gave us 5 seconds of the performance with super awkward angles. In the second rehearsals, you can clearly see it. As I said before, I showed it to many people who don't follow eurovision and haven't even heard of it before, and they said that they felt that the sun didn't look good.
I did the same experiment last night, 6 people from 30 to 40 years old. I didn't mention to them anything about the sun. Noone noticed smth wrong. I showed to them the resume of the rehearsals from the first and second semifinal
Two of them have been in the Pala Olimpico for a concert and were really surprised about the stage, which according to them looks very big compared to the one they saw. The most appreciated staging and song? Lithuania

12Pointsgoto.....

I did the same experiment last night, 6 people from 30 to 40 years old. I didn't mention to them anything about the sun. Noone noticed smth wrong. I showed to them the resume of the rehearsals from the first and second semifinal
Two of them have been in the Pala Olimpico for a concert and were really surprised about the stage, which according to them looks very big compared to the one they saw. The most appreciated staging and song? Lithuania
That is very interesting. Lithuania did do a good job with covering up the sun, though some parts of the performance are still a bit awkward. I have actually shown more people this and they also said that they should remove the sun (they don't know that this is not possible)

harey

So I'm doing for the third year a little eurovison voting with some family members and friends. I dispatch them in semi-finals, they vote, and then everyone is voting in the grand finale (they send me their tops without knowing everyone else's points).

And right now I'm getting points for the finale and my biggest shock is Malta doing very well (Belgium too). Maybe it will be a surprise for esc fans and could do well at the contest with casual viewers.

I've got half of the votes for the GF and the current top 10 is: Belgium, Ukraine, France, Moldova, Latvia, Malta, Iceland, Italy, Estonia and Finland.

Our top in 2021 was Iceland, France, Russia, Lithuania and Finland : https://lapileeclectique.wordpress.com/2021/05/02/on-a-fait-leclectivision-2021/12/
So I have just published the complete result. I'm really surprised by some favourites' results (but once again it is just something made for fun, it is not meant to say what the actual result will be, and it is based on offiial MV).

Top 5:
1. France (81pts) ;
2. Ukraine (78pts) ;
3. Belgium (64pts) ;
4. Moldova (64pts) ;
5. Portugal (41pts).

Favourites:
Italy 16. ; UK 20. ; Sweden 22 ; Spain 25.

If you want the whole score sheet:

ArmpitOfEurope

Guys who do you think will be the jury winner this year?

Italy? Sweden? Greece? UK? Or a surprise like Austria 2018? ---> Belgium or Australia could do that this year I think.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Belgium announced its jury members and apparently, they have been given these criteria:
  • Vocal capacity
  • Performance on stage
  • The originality of the show
  • General impression of the show

That basically proves what´s wrong about the juries. This is a SONG Contest - they should also be voting on the composition, lyrics, melody, harmonies, originality of the song but some jury members get told to vote on VOCALS and PERFORMANCE only.

Deleted member 12761

A comment I made is in one of Eurovision's TikTok videos. You can see my face lol. So weird. I was shaking when I realized it, lol!

Zeus

Guys who do you think will be the jury winner this year?

Italy? Sweden? Greece? UK? Or a surprise like Austria 2018? ---> Belgium or Australia could do that this year I think.
This year there are quite a lot contenders for the juryvote I think. Obviously the countries you are talking about. But what about Azerbaijan, Portugal, Poland and maybe even Lithuania? Ukraine isn't going to be far away as well this year.

My guess would be the UK, Greece or even Australia.

Top Bottom