Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

harey

I have just created my fantaeurovision team, maybe we could create a league with members of the forum?

Chiarina

I have just created my fantaeurovision team, maybe we could create a league with members of the forum?
That would be so nice! My perfect team needs 101 SaBaudi and I'm still trying to decide who to toss from the team and it's really painful

sucof

Rai announces that 6 important sponsors for Eurovision: FIAT, Lavazza, Costa Cruises, Vodafone, ENI and Philadelphia Kraft.

harey

So I have created a league: 2lWT7W

I'm not sure yet about how everything works but I'm ready for some fun.

ChiversLookDivine

God watching Israel Calling and seeing the level of effort and quality in the production is so funny when most of these people were performing in a hotel lobby on sunday

Meanwhile I'm already sick of people on social media comparing Israel Calling with Barcelona/London. Those were pre-parties and this is a pre-Eurovision.

It's also massively cringeworthy, doing a flag ceremony and pretending it's Eurovision is just weird. Also the host is very bad.

Lindon

The guy from Bulgaria has a great voice.
But there are also recorded backing vocals.

Georgia recorded backing vocals and bad mixing. Biggest applause so far.

Last edited:

Lindon

Malta, very bad mixing. She is only on the right audio channel.

Lindon

The audience seems to have Valium in their drinks. Emilie de Forest did her best to animate the audience. But back came very little.

crashworld

Veteran
Meanwhile I'm already sick of people on social media comparing Israel Calling with Barcelona/London. Those were pre-parties and this is a pre-Eurovision.

It's also massively cringeworthy, doing a flag ceremony and pretending it's Eurovision is just weird. Also the host is very bad.

This is the first time that they went all out for the Israel Calling pre-party. It used to be in similar style like the rest.

Why is it cringeworthy? In fact, the efforts they gone through to make this a proper concert for the artists to perform is more like respecting them. I mean some of them may not even have the chance to go through a proper flag parade since it is only done in the GF. I see this as a homage paid to ESC and also trying to revive Israel's tourism after the pandemic. The host is cringy though. But overall, I really like what they have done here. Kudos to Israel.

Last edited:

Romeo

It is actually an urban legend that has been around since this year. The Eurovision Song Contest 2008 was the edition where there was no use of the French language (not even partial or the use of regional languages).
Sorry to burst your bubble but 2m6s is in French

https://youtu.be/CZQjBCvFd9E

Romeo

Okay, let's follow this reasoning. Here is part of the text of "Fade To Black" from Azerbaijan:

"Stay
The story barely started Can't you stay?
Do you really want no part of this?
Oh, so sweet reverie "

The word "Reverie" is a word ... French! 😏 You can tell me "Reverie is also present in the English language and in the vocabulary" but ... apart from that both French and English have the same meaning, during the Norman domination in England they spoke ... French! Therefore in the English language French words are not rare 🤓 Therefore at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 French is still present! 😈😄

I only checked a few songs. If I had deepened perhaps some other French word is present.

The French language, however, can be considered represented if there is both a regional language and a piece that mixes two languages in a balanced way. Both of our examples are forcing. On the presentation page of the songs of the Eurovision Song Contest 2008 "Divine" is cataloged in English because English is predominant. If it weren't so ... Would ABBA's "Mamma Mia" also have been sung in Italian? 😄
According to your ‘logic’ “oui” and “we” could be classed as the same. “Infant” could be used in both languages.

If you wish to be pedantic, belligerent, and argumentative then kindly refrain from replying to me. If a song is in English and a certain word if I’m both English and French it doesn’t mean that the French language is being used.

If a song said “et al” does that mean that “et” is French and therefore the lyric means “and”?

Zerocalcare

According to your ‘logic’ “oui” and “we” could be classed as the same. “Infant” could be used in both languages.

If you wish to be pedantic, belligerent, and argumentative then kindly refrain from replying to me. If a song is in English and a certain word if I’m both English and French it doesn’t mean that the French language is being used.

If a song said “et al” does that mean that “et” is French and therefore the lyric means “and”?
Come in late. You may notice that I had already cleared up with two other members before you. I just want to tell you one thing. It doesn't matter if a word can be used in both languages but the etymology of the word. If a word is born in a certain place it is proper to that place. I stop here. There can never be a healthy and intelligent discussion with one person speaking towards another in words like "belligerent" and "pedantic".

Best regards.

Chorizo

"Et al" is clearly Latin since French doesn't use the liaison with "et" and "et" means "and". Even rightfully mocking someone for preposterous claims about French lyrics being used in a song should be based on sensible arguments.

94ayd

Guys, please get it together! We can survive a year without French, just like :de: got over one missed edition. And that's coming from a francophone.

Deleted member 12761

I agree. Israel Calling was pretty good and this is what a pre-party should look like (or like Eurovision in Concert). The performance in the hotel lobby was just embarrassing. Couldn't they use a small hall? Eurovision is a popular show. With a little promo they can definitely fill a hall. I wish my country would have a show. I think I'm going to write the NDR a letter, lol.

Mainshow

Veteran
Just purchased the official album and after listening to all songs twice,.I don't think it's a bad year at all. The only entries I skipped the second time were :mt: :dk: :mk: :be: .

The :it: entry sounds a bit flawed in studio, imo. It's like both singers are chasing each other and are trying to be in sync, imo.
It's a great entry, obviously but it's more magical on stage.

Australia sounded slightly different when j listened to it on my headphones. Did its arrangement get a slight revamp?

Top Bottom