Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

I bims

Veteran
The slogan will be "THE SOUND OF BEAUTY"

FJo-s5ZWUAAmhCM
I really don't like that slogan... and that font does not fit and looks ugly. What the...

Mainshow

Veteran
They have officially announced the slogan as well as the logo:

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awful design... a bunch of colors that do not go together, accompanied by some basic curves from Google search and that font.. yuck.
lady-gaga-dull.gif

aef

Oh no this is the biggest disappointment of the season so far. The font is completely awful and doesn’t fit to Eurovision at all, the slogan is more a Biennale slogan than a Eurovision one an all in all I cringe a lot when reading it, the Logo an colours are very basic and don’t fit together at all… I expected SO much more from you :it:!

A-lister

Veteran
As I wrote in the other thread, kinda meh logo. I don't mind the color scheme, and it's not ugly, it's just basic and looks like the kind of logo one can find easily on Google to put as a desktop wallpaper or as a background to some random Facebook event xshrug

The slogan is also kinda hilarious, which I think wasn't the purpose. It sounds like the title to a "The Bold and Beautiful" prequel ... I am generally against slogans since they are all cringe, team #NoSlogans all the way!

DanielLuis

As I wrote in the other thread, kinda meh logo. I don't mind the color scheme, and it's not ugly, it's just basic and looks like the kind of logo one can find easily on Google to put as a desktop wallpaper or as a background to some random Facebook event xshrug

The slogan is also kinda hilarious, which I think wasn't the purpose. It sounds like the title to a "The Bold and Beautiful" prequel ... I am generally against slogans since they are all cringe, team #NoSlogans all the way!
I absolutely agree about the slogans. There's only so many slogans you can do for an annual music competition without being repetitive or entering the cringe territory. I really think it just puts an unecessary creative pressure on the organizers each year and they really should start to ditch them if nothing good comes up.
Sometimes it really works with the whole visual identity and the unique theme of each contest, the best recent example being "All aboard" IMO, but more often than not it's just plainly a miss.

Chiarina

I don't mind the slogan, it's really generic but they all are. I agree that they should stop with the slogan because they don't really add anything to the contest.

The logo is really basic and I'm disappointed because I really like Sanremo's this year so I expected so much more. I don't mind the colour scheme but it should be more vibrant.

hpp0

The logo has potential imo, the graphics could look really good with it, however I'm not big fan of the colours used but at least they used some orange, that's something I guess.

I don't mind the slogan itself, but the font looks really random compared to the logo and it is ugly imo.

A-lister

Veteran
I absolutely agree about the slogans. There's only so many slogans you can do for an annual music competition without being repetitive or entering the cringe territory. I really think it just puts an unecessary creative pressure on the organizers each year and they really should start to ditch them if nothing good comes up.
Sometimes it really works with the whole visual identity and the unique theme of each contest, the best recent example being "All aboard" IMO, but more often than not it's just plainly a miss.
This! Agree 100%

I don't know what smartypants at the EBU thought it was a good idea, but I think it's long overdue to be scrapped in full.

In most occasions, like you rightly point out, you can tell they just feel forced to come up with something (almost as if they use some 'generic slogans-generator" in the end of the day) and ultimately ends up with something cringe that doesn't add anything substantial except for being initially ridiculed.

It's not as if fans are walking around shouting the slogans lol, just drop it EBU, no one wants 'em!

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
I like the colors actually, but not the graphics at all, looks like the head of a jellyfish.
The slogan? I agree with what some of you said - no slogan at all!

Ezio

Veteran
Although I appreciate that blue and darkblue tones are not featured in the logo for the first time since 2015, it is awful.

It looks like the Coronavirus and a black hole had a baby born in a nuclear explosion. If this is meant to be a subversive, subliminal predictive programming for the masses for what's to come, then we should brace ourselves. The 2016 perfectly looked like coronavirus, and it was already very ugly. The 2020/2021 logos give me one world realness, where all country flags mash up in a recognizable shape. 2019 had a pentagram featured, and 2017 also looked quite ugly, in radioactive tones, and in hindsight resemble various stages of a virus mutation.

Only ESC 2018 had quite a decent logo that didn't give me subversive vibes.

ESC 2015 - 2017 all seem to be related to the coronavirus. especially when country flags are blended into these logos.

But also JESC had some suspicious logos in the past. "Move the world" (2020) reads like a threat.

I mean, what's the point of all these ugly logos for mass events? Give us something decent!

FilipFromSweden

I like the logo

What I don't like is the LACK OF TICKETS/LACK OF INFO

Mainshow

Veteran

Franzilein

The Sound Of Beauty, huh? If they switched it into The Beauty Of Sound, I’d probably like the slogan a lot better, as it would be about celebrating music in general which would fit into the ESC’s essence of breaking up borders and embracing diversity quite nicely. The Sound Of Beauty is so limiting.

AlekS

Veteran
LMAO! xrofl

I'm happy that designers were inspired by the logo of Ukrainian fest :cool: but could you at least not copy & paste :LOL:

5qvA8Hx.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom