Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Mimmon

Veteran
Instead of Mans beign interval act
Im down for Il Volvo being interval act for Eurovision 2022

rasmuslights

Veteran
OK be calm and see the flag... Italian flag OMG!!! Next year Eurovision at hooommee!!! :eek::love: ok! First of all I hope RAI won't mess it up arranging Sanremo style... this is Eurovision and not Sanremo, people in Europe&Co. don't care about chats only about sparkling shows and pure fast music! This is the first to be learnt by RAI. Secondly there are a bunch of cool presenters that knows how to handle the matters: I'd like to quote Alessandro Cattelan (former X-Factor presenter for 10 editions) previously bond to SKY Italia but resigned after last edition... maybe he can be in. Federico Russo who hosted the finalst of the last year as commentator and knows the show very well. Ema Stockholma who hosted the semifinals as commentors too are 3 out of 4 presenters that can make it easily in English and even in French (Ema is french). Both Federico Russo and Ema Stockholma are both already in Rai's list of presenter. About city there are many chances but I really believe the best is Milano and Forum in Assago. Great connection in Italy and Europe, space, brilliant nightlife... everything at tope for ESC requirements.

I think EBU will prevent them from having an European Sanremo so no worries :)

hijirio

Veteran
Maneskin is trending in Bosnia and even Wiwi video which is very remarkable because we didn't even participate and our national broadcaster didn't broadcast the contest.

That's interesting. Same here in Turkey. In fact, Maneskin's songs charted higher in Turkey than many participating countries :D

ag89

I have to be honest, I am surprised Italy has such a limited offer of big and modern multifunctional arenas. Even Rome has no arena that can accommodate more than 10.000 people.

wtf

I'm hoping Italy gives a chance for Diodato to perform 'Fai Rumore' on the big stage now :love:

DiabloRoma

I have to be honest, I am surprised Italy has such a limited offer of big and modern multifunctional arenas. Even Rome has no arena that can accommodate more than 10.000 people.
There has been little investment in reasonably big arenas, now the model seems to be "medium ones". There's just no understanding of the fact that without big arenas, some improvements and a number of retractable roofs we will struggle to get some international events. And this speaks even more for Rome, which also has a recent story of enormous troubles with arenas, either big or less big.

People from Rome on this forum, or even just Italians, exactly know what I am talking about. Only two words: Tor Vergata and PalaTiziano.

rasmuslights

Veteran
OK but esc 2022 has the potential to be super good, probably even better than 2016/2021:

- France sending Coeur de Pirate
- Ukraine sending Alina Pash/Tayanna
- Slovenia sending Amaya
- Italy sending the winning act of Sanremo (lol haha)
- Sweden sending the winning act of Melfest (yeah this year kinda generic but usually amazing)
- Spain taking eurovision seriously and sending someone who will please younger audiences (Aitana or Lola maybe?)
- Portugal also sending FdC winner who are usually amazing
- Greece sending Amanda or good job Nicky
- Cyprus sending Josephine Wendel
- Serbia sending Angellina/Sara Jo
- UK sending Jessie J/Fleur East/Foxes (I know I'm delustional)
- Bulgaria, Switzerland - we can always count on them
- Belgium - Charles
- the Netherlands trying again
- Estonia got rid of Koit and Uku for a year for sure haha
- Finland, Lithuania riding on their wave of success, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the Rasmus and Monique
- Romania continuing with Global Records and sending Irina Rimes/Mark Rimes

and we have a perfect top 10 + a couple of surprises...

countries that will bring sth bad, however - Moldova, Austria and Russia (dream team again ugh:( )

I know maybe I'm a bit too optimistic but it's looking fairly well even if half of those come true ;)

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Trusting on Slovenia, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, UK, Switzerland, Finland and Lithuania to send good, or even listenable, songs... :lol:

Sammy

Veteran
Trusting on Slovenia, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, UK, Switzerland, Finland and Lithuania to send good, or even listenable, songs... :lol:

Y'all just need to deal with the fact that the Slovakian broadcaster isn't interested in ESC at all. And it's for the best, because we all know that if they took part, they would just be yet another Portugal/Finland/Latvia/Slovenia/North Macedonia, as in, countries whose participations most of the time end up in a flop.

Explain please! :lol:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Explain please! :lol:

What's there to explain? Clearly the first post of mine you quoted, is to be meant in an ironic and sarcastic way.

Sammy

Veteran
What's there to explain? Clearly the first post of mine you quoted, is to be meant in an ironic and sarcastic way.
My fault then. Sometimes I wonder which of your posts are sarcastic and which are serious though. :mrgreen:

rasmuslights

Veteran
who do you think will be the first country to announce their representative?

it'll be either Belgium or Spain? one of these two for sure... maybe also the Netherlands/Armenia

rasmuslights

Veteran

I made a video of all the artists that could be seen next year (based on rumours/confirmations...)
I would appreciate a subscribe or a comment:)

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance

*sees Edis mentioned*

giphy.gif

My wish from 2019 would finally come true!

I want to talk about the host city race for this year (2022), especially about the situation in Rome, the capital city.

The situation regarding Rome is similar to that of Copenhagen in 2014 (when they were about to host Eurovision). Copenhagen had to use an ex-industrial hub as their venue because other venues are either too small (Brøndby Hall and Ballerup Super Arena) or too large (Parken Stadium) and there was not enough time to build a new venue (but it finally came in 2017 as Royal Arena).

On the other hand, Rome's main indoor venue currently has at least two issues:
  1. Unusual seating shape (circular instead of U-shaped or horseshoe-shaped).
  2. Vaulted roof (making it unable to hang suspended loads normally used in Eurovision).
Adding a retractable roof to the Stadio Olimpico is not practical either, because it is just too large.

So, based on that, it is necessary for Rome's authorities to build a new venue in any way, shape or form:
  • remodeling their main indoor venue "PalaLottomatica"
  • demolishing "PalaLottomatica" and building a new indoor venue on the former ground that PalaLottomatica was, or
  • building a new indoor venue as an addition to the PalaLottomatica
with the following recommended specifications (of mine):
  • indoor (of course), with good air-conditioning.
  • U-shaped/horseshoe seating plan (similar to other common indoor venues such as London's O2 or Hamburg's Barclaycard Arena).
  • minimum rigging height of 20 metres.
  • capacity of between 17,000 and 20,000 for concerts (and between 14,000 and 16,000 for indoor sports).
  • a roof structure that is good enough for hanging suspended loads.
  • supported by a good sound system for musical events.
Even if Rome is not chosen as the host city, the new venue will still be beneficial for Rome itself to host future sports and musical events.

rasmuslights

Veteran
So if it'll be possible I'll go to Eurovision next year! (I'll probably go to a semi-final since I'm still a student and don't have a lot of money) and it's also rather close to my home since I live in Slovenia so it will most likely be around 6-hour drive.

So my question to anyone who has already attended Eurovision is - is it worth it or is it better to watch it at home with all the camera angles?

And also any tips that could be useful? :)

I'd be very grateful if I get some responses!

Top Bottom