Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

mitch67

Could you elaborate further?
i am astonished that a song that ws the 2nd most popular song for the German audience fails to repeat its success in the download charts..
even the song that got zero public vote from every other participating country is not doing much worse in the German downlaod charts..

12Pointsgoto.....

i am astonished that a song that ws the 2nd most popular song for the German audience fails to repeat its success in the download charts..
even the song that got zero public vote from every other participating country is not doing much worse in the German downlaod charts..
Eurovision Friendly does not equal Radiofriendly. German broadcaster needs to understand that

MopManMoss

Veteran
Moldova was on my bottom 5 songs for the year I still voted for it 5 times, just because something is good at Eurovision doesn’t mean you want to listen to it outside of the contest

Mainshow

Veteran
I purchased :pl: on iTunes when it got released in February whereas I didn´t download it after the contest - however, I voted for it more than 20 times this year (two devices).

The thing is... if you truly love a song - you can vote for it 20 times at Eurovision but just download it "once".
Theoretically, the televoters (people massively voting for entries at Eurovision) can be outnumbered by potential consumers (people who casually listen to the songs on Spotify or download them on iTunes/Amazon).

Honestly, I also thought of voting for :md: because I absolutely enjoyed their performance - it was so much fun on Saturday and they made me smile (as cheesy as it sounds) - also, the running order was very kind to them (having to perform after a couple of ballads/slower entries). When the song got released, however, I placed :md: in my bottom 5.

To sum it up:
Eurovision televoters =/= consumers/listeners
up to 20 votes per person at Eurovision =/= 0 or 1 download

12Pointsgoto.....

And it was more of a "spur of the moment" sort of thing. If i could have voted, I definitely would have given them at least 5 votes. But I can't be bothered to download it because it isn't that great of a song. The live version with the crowd was like magic.

PolarFoxxie.

How many Eurovision artists congratulates pride month. I only Saw alvan, but he was probably sarcastic.

12Pointsgoto.....

How many Eurovision artists congratulates pride month. I only Saw alvan, but he was probably sarcastic.
I never quite understood the concept of pride month. In recent years, I hardly see anyone celebrating D-day. I forgot about Pride MOnth but I immediately got reminded of it. When was this holiday actually started? Can someone give me some history?

PolarFoxxie.

I never understood pride month...
If you don't want to answer on the question, then please you don't need to quote my post. You have internet, google pride and meaning of it. If you are Chinese, you can Google in your language, If you want it easier to understand.

Ontopic, the question remains unanswered so how many and who from esc if any congratulated pride month?

Teaisloveable

Was lovely seeing Sam Ryder perform Spaceman at the Queen's Platinum Jubilee performance!

To see a UK Eurovision entry have this much success both at and after the contest is so nice to see! After years of not pushing enough, finally seeing the recognition this country's music industry is all too familiar with shine through at Eurovision. Let's hope we keep this momentum into future contests.

Screenshot-2022-06-04-9.07.32-PM-9f79.png

12Pointsgoto.....

Was lovely seeing Sam Ryder perform Spaceman at the Queen's Platinum Jubilee performance!

To see a UK Eurovision entry have this much success both at and after the contest is so nice to see! After years of not pushing enough, finally seeing the recognition this country's music industry is all too familiar with shine through at Eurovision. Let's hope we keep this momentum into future contests.

Screenshot-2022-06-04-9.07.32-PM-9f79.png
Exactly, Just like with The Netherlands. After years of not even coming close to not qualifying to only not qualifying once.

12Pointsgoto.....

It is funny how everyone (including me) said that semi 2 was so much stronger and yet in the final the average score for semi 1 was 12th place and the average for semi 2 was 14.5. JUst like last year when people said that semi 1 was stronger

Mainshow

Veteran
I still believe that semi 2 was "stronger" in terms of "commercial aspects" and maybe even performances whereas semi 1 was my favourite semi because of more interesting entries (showcasing different languages, genres, local flavours).
Maybe these songs stood out in the end? I mean, people usually watch Eurovision to hear/see/watch something entertaining and genuinely interesting.

Top Bottom