Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

FilipFromSweden

In a group one can express one's opinion but education must never disappear (to do so would be a violation of the rules of the forum itself).
Bitch please, I have a masters in History. My choice of words and foul language is a matter of character rather than my level of education. Don’t go there Serena Chacha

Loindici

Veteran
Bitch please, I have a masters in History. My choice of words and foul language is a matter of character rather than my level of education. Don’t go there Serena Chacha

You'll be a hot topic in any healthcare worker's place, I'm sure.

crashworld

Veteran
Great reels from the Eurovision Rai Instagram account:

One more from the participants of the 2nd half of SF2.

Ochman is so darn cute!
giphy.gif

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
After observing the rehearsal clips, I think my problem with the stage isn't with the sun ornament. The stage is just so, so massive that the performers look comically small. And since we have the sun taking half of the stage floorings, there is such a space between the back screen and the main stage.

Ajeje Brazorf

First Italian ESC winner will perform in the Grand Final. It's a really nice touch, similar to what Israel did previously in 2019, where their first Israeli entrant in the contest performed.

Source:

Gigliola is great in every meaning of the word: a great singer and an even greater woman. So nice to see her back on a Eurovision stage after so many years.

Now I think we only need Toto to appear from somewhere under a Subwoolfer mask just to scream "Allora" in a mic. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

Gigliola is great in every meaning of the word: a great singer and an even more greater woman. So nice to see her back on a Eurovision stage after so many years.

Now I think we only need Toto to appear from somewhere under a Subwoolfer mask just to scream "Allora" in a mic. 🤣🤣🤣
But he won't. Serious health problems I've heard.

Ajeje Brazorf

They are trolling us or what?

At the beginning you can see the arches of the sun wiiiiiide open. Why post this on the official channel if you already said you won't use it? This year the comunications are not the best either.

Last edited:

DanielLuis

They are trolling us or what?

At the beginning you can see the arches of the sun wiiiiiide open. Why post this on the official channel of you already said you won't use it? This year the comunications are not the best either.
They said they will use it though. They literally said they will use the arches as expected for the interval acts and other sequences in the final, they just can't use them for the 40 entries.

12Pointsgoto.....

Gigliola is great in every meaning of the word: a great singer and an even greater woman. So nice to see her back on a Eurovision stage after so many years.

I can't look at Toto the same way since he hosted in 1991. He was the worst host in eurovision history after all. I still like his song though.

12Pointsgoto.....

After the second rehearsals came out (I can only see them now due to time differences), the black hole annoys me even more. It looks terrible. For those saying that people won't know that it doesn't work, and therefore think that it looks great, what kind of logic is that. If they don't know that it is broken, that doesn't mean that they will love it. I showed the second rehearsals to my neighbours through call (quarantine), and they said that they don't think the Latvians and many others didn't make a good decision when they decided for a part of the background to be black. This is a disadvantage for the countries that decided to use the other side of the sun. And when the RAI said as an excuse that it isn't broken, it just doesn't turn fast enough. If there isn't any problem, doesn't that mean that they built and designed a stage in a way that it won't work? Doesn't that mean that they built it to not work? Imagine if one of the countries that rely on the other side of the sun doesn't qualify, what is there to say that it isn't the broadcasters fault?

12Pointsgoto.....

The concept to the postcards is basically a repeat of 2021's. But considering we are technically still in the middle of a pandemic, I think it's the best they can do if they want to show off Italy's locations.
I like showing Italy's location, but I am not a fan of projecting people's faces on to landmarks

Top Bottom