Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Lindon

Feels very random. But good connection to Sweden never hurt.

Loindici

Veteran
SF2 has a better pacing

Whoever did the SF1 running order is gonna be exorcised with holy water

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Mostly nonsensical as ever. My favourite bit was when Poland got 14th and in my head I was thinking "this is good as Montenegro's chances to close are now sky high" only for her to appear 15th.

Latvia death slot? Malta not death slot? Portugal immediately followed by Croatia? Armenia closing? LOLs were had as usual when making a predetermined running order that's supposed to make the show better.

Smudy

I really hope that didn't just kill Serbia's chances to qualify, it might still stand out enough for people to remember the song after all 18 performed.

Zeus

Serbia fucked big time. No clue why there in 3th, feels totally random to me. The wtf-moment would have been bigger if they would let some typical Eurovision-songs like Azerbijan and Cyprus go first.

Also, pretty weird follow up between Estonia and Romania.

Estonia: singing about war, maybe Ukraine-sentiment or link, and hope in dark times
Romania: yeah ok back to trashy Eurovision levels now bye

Australia and Cyprus will benefit from their follow up. And furthermore, everything is building up towards Sweden just as they do towards Norway in SF1.

empo21

Veteran
I'm actually cackling

We've all been groomed by Bjorkman's running order ideologies that this draw feels so random now.

I'm glad there's been a slight shakeup and the absolute bore doa entries aren't slapped to be 2nd by default.

Needless to say it still has some familiar notes like a bunch of meh entries all together before a fan favorite and, of course, as mentioned before Norway and Sweden being given the pimp slot. Will Armenia and Czech Republic hold well?

popavapeur

My 2cents

SF1
:gr: and :no: can thank the producers cause they have a huge faith in both entries
:am: skyrockted its chances to Qualify but I wouldn't bet a 100% though.
:al: is qualifying. From 2 to 7, only two countries are gonna qualify, my bet is on :ua: and :lt:.
8-9-10 (:nl: :md: :pt:) have a very good pacing, they're qualifying too I guess.
From 11 to 14 it's very very unbalanced imho but I do think :is: is gonna qualify the contrast with :at: is huge as hell to its detriment.
I can see a world where Iceland is qualifying and Armenia doesn't. Cause 4 last countries to qualify seems very hard to me.

SF2 :
:se: is set up to win like I've never seen in my life. She has the best spot when analyzing what's before after and taking into accounts both SF.

:fi: is so qualifying, from 2 to 7, kinda the same for SF1, only a few will qualify I guess and my bet is on :az: , :mt: (push like never lmao), I'm worried about :cy: to be honest and :ie: got a sweet spot. I think :ee: is screwed and from 13 to 18 I I can see only 4 countries to qualify and one spot is taken by :se: . :ro: will be a shock qualifier and I can see :be: do it better than :pl:

They surely have some data we don't have cause some - I considered - Strong acts are somewhat put in shitty places. That's what throws me off.

I bims

Veteran
They surely have some data we don't have cause some - I considered - Strong acts are somewhat put in shitty places. That's what throws me off.
Or maybe they just assumed that the songs are strong enough to hold up in shitty placements and they want to make it more exciting and give better slots to countries that people aren't really considering.

And remember, they also know the whole staging concepts of all the acts. Some of these spots may be caused based on the stuff that needs to be put on stage and maybe some concepts are just more exciting and therefore are highlighted, even when the songs might be not all that.

elanyvx

Tickets for the 9 shows (the 3 Live Shows, 3 Jury Finals, and 3 Family Shows) will go on sale Thursday 7 April via TicketOne. Details of the sale will be announced soon.

popavapeur

Or maybe they just assumed that the songs are strong enough to hold up in shitty placements and they want to make it more exciting and give better slots to countries that people aren't really considering.

And remember, they also know the whole staging concepts of all the acts. Some of these spots may be caused based on the stuff that needs to be put on stage and maybe some concepts are just more exciting and therefore are highlighted, even when the songs might be not all that.
yeah I thought about that too but didn't mention it. I kinda don't agree with the first part "strong enough to hold up" ESC is very like "let's put the good ones in even better places" and I don't blame them, it indeed makes a good show at the end.

But the staging should have make an impact in the running order as some songs are put in weird spots, it hypes me up a little bit for some countries to be honest. They can't be putting Armenia last if she just sitting on a chair singing her cute little song, girl is gonna bring a whole flying house to the stage or what.

crashworld

Veteran
What did I just witness in terms of the running order? It's so shitty that I think I am not going to watch the shows 'live'.

SF1:
  • Albania followed by Latvia? Like hello? You don't put 2 high energy songs back to back.
  • Lithuania followed by Switzerland? Like hello again? If people are bored with Lithuania, they are going to get more bored with Switzerland.
  • Slovenia-Ukraine-Bulgaria combo? What is this? 3 male-led groups combo?
  • Moldova is going to stand out in between 2 female ballads that's for sure.
  • Denmark followed by Austria? Like hello again x2? You don't put 2 high energy songs back to back.
  • Armenia to close? That's a CHOICE.
SF2:
  • Finland followed by Israel? Like hello again x3? You don't put 2 high energy songs back to back.
  • Serbia at slot 3? As if a viewer doesn't get enough sensory overload by Finland and Israel, and then you get a WTF performance from Serbia.
  • Malta at no. 6 slot? If that's not rigged, I don't know what to say.
  • Ireland at no. 10 slot? That's going to affect its qualification chances.
  • Estonia followed by Romania, and then Poland followed by Montenegro? Like can't they switch the songs up so you have the uptempo-ballad-uptempo-ballad order.
  • Sweden at no. 17. Sorry, but this is so rigged for them. Why not put Sweden at North Macedonia slot?
I JUST CAN'T! Let's see which country is going to have a complicated staging which explain why they are in certain slots.

crashworld

Veteran
Why does anyone on this forum pretend that they're not going to watch it live, we are all eurovision obsessed hence why we are here no chance we dont watch it live despite how awful the running order is

I live in a country where the shows will start at 3am. So, yes, I will not catch it 'live' if there is no longer the incentive for me to watch.

Top Bottom