Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

DanielLuis

so what is the ESC community going to do when they realize that ASC has better set of songs this year

(which you can't deny because 9/10 ESC fans bitch about the quality of the line-up)
That's a bold statement. Literally 10/11 songs in Heat 1 would be bottom finishers on most Eurovision semi-finals.
You can really really tell the show was produced by previous Melfest executives, nothing more that I can say says it in a better way.

Lindon

The 36 Eurovision 2022 entries available on Spotify accumulated 2,198,358 streams on Mar 25, up 4.2% compared to three days ago. The Austrian entry, "Halo" by LUM!X feat. Pia Maria, registered an especially strong gain of 13.5% in daily streams.
And:

A-lister

Veteran
So, as per annual tradition, I will soon add my separate reviews for each entry since all entries are now formally chosen, but as for starters I will comment on my general impression and my oh my like people already pointed out it's a bland and boring year. The lame juries will have a field-fest with all these boring, uninspired bland radio-Pop ballads in English and I just dread how some of the few exciting additions this year like Ukraine, France and Cyprus (among some others) will be downvoted by the juries in favor of bland stuff like Australia, Belgium and Switzerland...

I am not sure how we could go from 2021 to this, but my only guess is broadcasters don't want to host due to the recession.

Lindon

Top 10 result of the newest ranking of Germany's esc-kompakt blog. Happy for Autriche.
ESC-Barometer-2022_7-Top-1-220325-Top-10.png

And the ranking of the first semi final

ESC-Barometer-2022_7-EKI-220325-1-Halbfinale.png

Second semi
ESC-Barometer-2022_7-EKI-220325-Halbfinale-2.png

Last edited:

spinachpie

I wonder when an entry will win with massive jury votes and very low televotes.

Discrepancies are so large for some huge fan televote favourites such as Ukraine last year and Norway 2019.

Then the same on the reverse, jury side, for Sweden 2018, Sweden 2019 and Austria 2018.

ChiversLookDivine

https://eurovoix.com/2022/03/27/ogae-france-points-ogae-poll-2022/

The first results in the OGAE Poll 2022 have been revealed as OGAE France met today to determine their points.

OGAE France is the first OGAE club to reveal their points in the 2022 OGAE Poll. The OGAE Poll is one of the largest fan polls that is organised ahead of the contest each year and has been held every year since 2007.

The results of OGAE France are as follows:

1. Italy – 12 points
  2. Sweden – 10 points
  3. Netherlands – 8 points
  4. United Kingdom – 7 points
  5. Poland – 6 points
  6. Spain – 5 points
  7. Finland – 4 points
  8. Norway – 3 points
  9. Austria – 2 points
  10. Ukraine – 1 points

crashworld

Veteran
One more pre-party will be held in Madrid, Spain. This one is PrePartyES, which I believe is the one that has been going on for years. 21 acts of class 2022 have been announced:
  1. Albania – Ronela Hajati
  2. Azerbaijan – Nadir Rustamli
  3. Belgium – Jérémie Makiese
  4. Czech Republic – We Are Domi
  5. Croatia – Mia Dimšić
  6. Estonia – Stefan
  7. Finland – The Rasmus
  8. France – Alvan & Ahez
  9. Germany – Malik Harris
  10. Iceland – Systur
  11. Ireland – Brooke
  12. Latvia – Citi Zēni
  13. Lithuania – Monika Liu
  14. Malta – Emma Muscat
  15. Montenegro – Vladana
  16. North Macedonia – Andrea
  17. Norway – Subwoolfer
  18. Poland – Ochman
  19. Romania – WRS
  20. Serbia – Konstrakta
  21. United Kingdom – Sam Ryder
*Bold ones are acts that have performed in the Barcelona Eurovision Party.
Surprised Chanel is not performing in this Pre-Party. But the runner-up is.

Source:

midnightsun

Veteran
It’s definitely a bit underrated but I guess Finland lost its momentum since Blind Channel did so well last year. Usually people don’t vote for similar songs again the next year (that‘s why I think France are going to be one of the main fan flops) but I could be wrong.

I know that at least in Germany Finland gets an overall positive reaction everywhere, in top lists, reactions etc. because this kind of music is still popular here. Very popular, at least with people age 30+. If I remember correctly Germany was the only country last year where Finland was higher in the GF vote than Italy. So I supposed Finland will be in our ranking again this year.

Bobjan FR

Oh, i wanted to bet an running order.
I put this ; now let's see if they make the order accoding the runing order of last year, or according to the favourites...

1 : latvia (Or albania)
2 : Lithuania
3 : Bulgaria
4 : Switzerland
5 : Moldova
6 : Albania
7 : Slovenia
8 : Netherlands
9 : Ukraine

10 : Iceland
11 : Austria
12 : Armenia
13 : Denmark
14 : Portugal
15 : Croatia
16 : Greece
17 : Norway (Or denmark)

1 : Finland (Or Israel)
2 : Malta
3 : Azerbaidjan
4 : Georgia
5 : Israel
6 : Serbia
7 : San Marino
8 : Australia
9 : Cyprus

10 : North macedonia
11 : Belgium
12 : Ireland
13 : Poland
14 : Romania
15 : Sweden
16 : Estonia
17 : Montenegro
18 : Czechia (Or estonia)

I hope, in case at the last moment ukraine can't compete (probably they will by live on tape) , they planned to move a contestant from SF2 to SF1...

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I wanted to try and predict the draw..

Semi 1 Prediction

01. :lv: (They've got to, right? If not, Albania... possibly Moldova. Ukraine will be saved for later)
02. :lt: (The typical EBU burying a fan favourite underdog move)
03. :ch:
04. :bg:
05. :al:
06. :sl:
07. :md:
08. :nl:
09. :ua:
10. :am:
11. :is:
12. :at:
13. :gr:
14. :hr:
15. :no:
16. :pt:
17. :dk: (I don't know... just gives me closer vibes)

Semi 2 Prediction

01. :ge: (could also be Israel but I feel Georgia have a colourful performance planned to make them a good show opener)
02. :mt: (this is EBU who have a crush on Malta so they won't but geez is this giving death-slot vibes, and it would be deserving for once)
03. :az:
04. :il:
05. :sm:
06. :cy:
07. :rs:
08. :au:
09. :fi:
10. :ee:
11. :ie:
12. :se: (to help justify a final pimp slot)
13. :be:
14. :mk:
15. :ro:
16. :pl:
17. :cz:
18. :me: (I think they'll be nice to Montenegro on their return and this is the most epic composition of the second half with the biggest vocals, so would make sense as a closer. If not then Poland or Czechia also give me semi closer vibes.. though neither that strongly)

Zeus

Nah, don't like SF1 running order. Really don't get putting Ukraine as 6th and following it up with Bulgaria, the most agressive, non-emotional song. Should have been Ukraine as 1th, 9th, or at least choose for Switzerland or Netherlands after them.

And in the second part, it feels like everything is building up towards Norway. Should have been somewhere in the middle. Portugal or Greece close a somewhat emotional show (because of Ukraine) respectfully.

Top Bottom