Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Mrm

Veteran
Juries seem to really like black vocals..
Austria 2018
Sweden 2019
Malta 2021

Just a small suggestion for the UK.. ;)

crashworld

Veteran
I hope some of the 2020 artists that missed out in the 2021 contest will try again in the 2022 contest. Though those countries with National Finals will be harder since the artists need to go through from scratch, maybe those with internal selections could try again.

Mimmon

Veteran
I wonder if Samanta Tina will try for Latvia again.
I highly doubt it but never say never.....
For sure in 10 years or less she will be a in Latvian Jury

ESC94

EBU better not force Mans onto the show! I don't care if he's got nothing else to do. There's no need to remind us of how they robbed Italy of their rightful win in 2015 by forcing him on us again on Italian soil xangry

Yes, Yes and once again YES!!! I really don´t wanna see him next year, he´s already some kind of a "running gag", but not a funny one. Doesn´t he have some other career or why is he appearing every f***ing year?? xgaah

anto475

He keeps being asked.

Mans also keeps making himself availlable to appear (as does Rybak). If others are not as available or some others like Serka or Lordi then they are less likely to appear.
The question is, do we need former Eurovision stars to appear at all?

GermanBango

For all I care we could go with the class of 2021 again - such a lovable and talented bunch :p

GWTW1939

The question is, do we need former Eurovision stars to appear at all?
Yeah it's kind of like "you had your moment, you were great, now let these people have theirs." Former participants always give off that me me me vibe regardless of what they say or do.

EscUKFan

Considering some friends and I have booked a (refundable) Airbnb in Turin w/c 9th May I do hope it’s there on those dates :p

Even if it is, there’s still the prospect of getting tickets to the live shows which is already giving me nightmares!

DanielLuis

I wonder if Samanta Tina will try for Latvia again.
I mean I'm kinda sad for her to be honest
Spending year after year after year competing in two different countries' NF's to finally get your chance at Eurovision, and when you do, you do that on the stage?
Seriously, her vocals were beyond bad, and it didn't felt like that is something that could happen to her. He LoT was miles better. Her nerves must have gotten the best of her on Eurovision week

Etanna

I mean I'm kinda sad for her to be honest
Spending year after year after year competing in two different countries' NF's to finally get your chance at Eurovision, and when you do, you do that on the stage?
Seriously, her vocals were beyond bad, and it didn't felt like that is something that could happen to her. He LoT was miles better. Her nerves must have gotten the best of her on Eurovision week
I feel bad for her, too. Maybe she was tired or something because the vocals were really off. It's a pity, her 2020 song was in my top 3 and I liked this year's song, too, but qualification would not be fair with this performance.

soulm8

It’s crazy how a video of Wiwibloggs about the Italian performance at Wiwi Jam is trending everywhere (even in Bulgaria @15). And at the moment has 9.5M views. This and their interview with them became the most watched videos in this channel. I’m expecting them to support even more big names from now on, this truly moved they channel fews steps above, they gained around 19 000 subscribers as well.

Lance Esgard

It’s crazy how a video of Wiwibloggs about the Italian performance at Wiwi Jam is trending everywhere (even in Bulgaria @15). And at the moment has 9.5M views. This and their interview with them became the most watched videos in this channel. I’m expecting them to support even more big names from now on, this truly moved they channel fews steps above, they gained around 19 000 subscribers as well.
This probably is the first time that a performance on a fan channel has actually impacted the charts in a significant way.

I expect the Wiwi Jam specifically being taken more seriously as a potential platform to promote their entry and to launch one of their other songs, at least by some delegations/acts who really think they could win or win the televote.

Let's not forget that the performance of Shum at the Wiwi Jam got 600k views, which is much less that Italy, but still higher than the views of some of the Semi-Final/Grand Final performances and a lot higher than most of the other videos on the official channel.

Mimmon

Veteran
Everyone is reacting to ''I wanna be your Slave'' song which actually is amazing song, probably thats why it has alot of views

debemaks

OK be calm and see the flag... Italian flag OMG!!! Next year Eurovision at hooommee!!! :eek::love: ok! First of all I hope RAI won't mess it up arranging Sanremo style... this is Eurovision and not Sanremo, people in Europe&Co. don't care about chats only about sparkling shows and pure fast music! This is the first to be learnt by RAI. Secondly there are a bunch of cool presenters that knows how to handle the matters: I'd like to quote Alessandro Cattelan (former X-Factor presenter for 10 editions) previously bond to SKY Italia but resigned after last edition... maybe he can be in. Federico Russo who hosted the finalst of the last year as commentator and knows the show very well. Ema Stockholma who hosted the semifinals as commentors too are 3 out of 4 presenters that can make it easily in English and even in French (Ema is french). Both Federico Russo and Ema Stockholma are both already in Rai's list of presenter. About city there are many chances but I really believe the best is Milano and Forum in Assago. Great connection in Italy and Europe, space, brilliant nightlife... everything at tope for ESC requirements.

ag89

Maneskin is trending in Bosnia and even Wiwi video which is very remarkable because we didn't even participate and our national broadcaster didn't broadcast the contest.

Top Bottom