Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Mainshow

Veteran
How you voted 40x, when you can vote only 20x?

Edit. Do you mean 20x on semi-finals and 20x on GF?

I actually voted 80x

(40x in semi 1 and 40x in the grand final by using two different devices).

I need to re-watch these shows again since I didn't really notice any of the interval acts :D

AlekS

Veteran
Het Grote Songfestivalfeest is back! xdance

https://hetgrotesongfestivalfeest.nl/

The line up
1f525.png

Marija Serifovic & Verka.
Netta & Eleni Foureira.
Loreen xbow
Go_A & KEiiNO... the robbed-by-the-juries gang destroying our wigsxheat (and they stan each other, btw).

Last edited:
I guess we fanwanking for Måneskin knew we were also voting for good people.

An LGBT message at live in P o l a n d

Oh Damiano honey cool down you'll get deported 🤣

Screenshot-20210626-224410-Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

esc87fan

OGAE Second Chance has wrapped up for another year. Unsurprisingly, KEiiNO ran away with it for Norway - Sweden and Italy rounded out the podium

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I still don't know what people like in those "songs" of that Norwegian joke act.

Ajeje Brazorf

I still don't know what people like in those "songs" of that Norwegian joke act.

I don't like Monument that much either, it's so basic for me. What was your favourite of MGP, Gianluca? Mine was Yorn - Faith Bloody Faith, but I'm a sucker when it comes to rock entries on National Finals so I may be biased, I admit that.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I don't like Monument that much either, it's so basic for me. What was your favourite of MGP, Gianluca? Mine was Yorn - Faith Bloody Faith, but I'm a sucker when it comes to rock entries on National Finals so I may be biased, I admit that.

Mine was Kaja Rode - "Feel again".

esc87fan

MTV EMA 2021 update:

:it: Maneskin came into tonight's ceremony with 3 nominations. They lost Best Italian Act to rapper Aka 7even and Best Group to BTS, but they did upset the likes of Coldplay and Imagine Dragons to win Best Rock Act

:ch: Gjon's Tears won Best Swiss Act

MTV EMA 2021 update:

:it: Maneskin came into tonight's ceremony with 3 nominations. They lost Best Italian Act to rapper Aka 7even and Best Group to BTS, but they did upset the likes of Coldplay and Imagine Dragons to win Best Rock Act

:ch: Gjon's Tears won Best Swiss Act

You mean, they won Best Rock over Foo Fighters (Nirvana's Dave Grohl) and 10 times Grammy nominated / awarded Kings of Leon 😄

esc87fan

Gjon was sitting right behind Maneskin in the audience and was clapping wildly for them when they won Best Rock Act. Their reunion on the red carpet before the show was sweet

Ianp16

I've just noticed that someone on wikipedia has made a table of all the viewing figures for Eurovision 2021. I'm shocked at how low the figures are for most countries, even though many have a small population it just seems surprising at how low they are.

Like Australia had 0.28 million, yet the hype around them makes me think that the viewing figures would be huge. And Denmark at 0.53 million? Yet the UK is the largest at 7.7 million and we always do shocking at it. It doesn't add up.

DanielLuis

I've just noticed that someone on wikipedia has made a table of all the viewing figures for Eurovision 2021. I'm shocked at how low the figures are for most countries, even though many have a small population it just seems surprising at how low they are.

Like Australia had 0.28 million, yet the hype around them makes me think that the viewing figures would be huge. And Denmark at 0.53 million? Yet the UK is the largest at 7.7 million and we always do shocking at it. It doesn't add up.
Remember that Denmark only has 6 million inhabitants, and they didn't make the final. The number isn't that low all things considered.
Plus no idea if Australia's numbers are only considering the live broadcast of the show, or also the reprise in prime time, but these numbers aren't that low when you consider that Australia's most watched shows only get around 1 million in ratings, and that SBS's usual ratings specifically are below that number as well.

Top Bottom