Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

A-lister

Veteran
Btw is it just me or was this edition unusual "warm" and engaging between the acts and the acts and the public as well? I feel like even with all the COVID restrictions, the acts interacted more with each other than usual and with the public. I think that the producers were onto something this year, the NikkieTutorials sit-downs surely helped as well as far as engaging with the public. Usually we have some random interviews on fan blogs like Wiwibloggs, but it's not the same thing.

midnightsun

Veteran
In :de: it’s 14 cents for one call from landline and 20 cents for one SMS. Calling from your mobile is a bit more (about 50 cents).

Pretty cheap actually. Might have to do with the fact that the company that gathers all th votes from Europe is a German one, based in Cologne.

harey

It's so expensive in France compared to Germany and the UK! I'm really surprised!

mauve

Veteran
It's so expensive in France compared to Germany and the UK! I'm really surprised!
Since it is cheap here, I allowed myself to vote 20 times. When I read how it sometimes costs elsewhere, I am not certain if I could have voted so many times!

harey

Since it is cheap here, I allowed myself to vote 20 times. When I read how it sometimes costs elsewhere, I am not certain if I could have voted so many times!
I have sent 1 vote for Danemark in the SF.
5 votes for Ukraine and 3 votes for Russia in the F. (didn't vote for Italy because I knew they would get anyway lot of televote points here).
So... 9€ spent. 😬

jatojo

Just for curiosity: How much money one vote costs in your country? :fi: it is one euro both calling and text message.
1 krone in Denmark (so a seventh of the price in Finland) plus standard text price (which I don't know what is, not much I think). I was thinking if low pricing can increase the risk of fraud. On the other hand, a high price can cause less people to vote and thereby giving less people (those who do vote) a lot of influence on the result.

Last edited:

Stiven

Just for curiosity: How much money one vote costs in your country? :fi: it is one euro both calling and text message.
:mk: 35.6 ден or around 0.5€ although it might look cheap keep in mind our wages are about 20.000-30.000 ден (325.47-488.21€) so I was only able to vote three times (for :ua: in the semi-final, :ua: and :it: in the final).

heke1988

0.20€.
Voted 40x.

How you voted 40x, when you can vote only 20x?

Edit. Do you mean 20x on semi-finals and 20x on GF?

Ezio

Veteran
Ergebnistafel.jpg

What do you think about the scoreboard?

There was a slight evolution, when they added up the points in a separate column this time, which was something that I liked.

Nowadays, there is no charm to logos. Every design is optimized for smartphones, but on a big ass TV screen, I still want to see texture for the HD resolution.

Other than that, I am not fond of the blue background, the pink rankings and the very bright flags. I miss the scoreboards from 1996 to 2016. Every year different and mostly nice.

The scoreboard is awful as well, because it is so simple, and lazy. It feels like time stood still in the graphic department.

I kinda like the reformed logo since 2015, but I am worried they'll ruin it soon enough as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom