Contact us

EUROVISION 2021 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

burrito

Still disappointed however that we won't be hosting Eurovillage and Euroclub and all, but it obviously will be an edition well remembered, and by the looks of it, I guess it has all potential to turn out great.

I'm sure it will be a spectacular show. Looks very promising so far. The only thing I'm unsure about are the presenters and what they're like, I mean what can we expect from them? Something 2016-ish or rather something 2017-ish?

Zeus

Chantal likes to be funny/savage during live broadcasts, but most of the times it's just meh. Edsilia and Nikki are just really happy (bit too much for me) and Jan is quite normal/calm. But he usually is a singer himself and in the Dutch language. If someone would make a mistake, I would bet on him. Also think his English might be shaky.

0scar

I'm sure it will be a spectacular show. Looks very promising so far. The only thing I'm unsure about are the presenters and what they're like, I mean what can we expect from them? Something 2016-ish or rather something 2017-ish?

Somewhat in between would be my guess. Like Zeus said, Chantal is usually quite witty in her hosting jobs but I wonder if she'll be able to pull it off in English as well, but she's solid. Nikkie should be fine obviously, wonder if they will put her in the green room.

I'm not sure about Jan and Edsilia though. Edsilia is definitely cheerful and spontaneous but I think she'll have some trouble with her English, and Jan will be fine but nothing special I guess.

All in all these four wouldn't be my personal top pick for hosts but I definitely think they're capable. Watched some interviews and they're aware that they are at the service of the show and I think that's a good thing.

Lance Esgard

I have to skip most of the Adriatic PreParty. I did't care for the hosting and a lot of the acts had bad acoustics or were replays of what I had already heard.

So the two highlights for me was Barbara Pravi's doo-wop version of Voilà and Destiny's mash-up. Iit was funny how quickly Destiny abandoned Arcade at the start and how she handled the noises from Toy.

It was interesting to learn Barbara Pravi composes in doo-wop style before the other vocal lines are then transferred to other musical instruments. Makes sense doing that way when you're that good of a singer.

crashworld

Veteran

For anyone who is interested in knowing Dami Im (Australia 2016 runner-up) top 10.
No surprises in her choices mostly. Most of her picks are basically the bookies' favourites.
Thank God she is not part of the jury as that would be the one of the most predictable top 10.

Mio

Does anyone know if Netflix in USA will be airing ESC 2021? Any info about how viewers in the USA will be able to watch the show?

Ali_

Does anyone know if Netflix in USA will be airing ESC 2021? Any info about how viewers in the USA will be able to watch the show?
I don't know about US Netflix but I believe some countries' broadcasts can be watched live internationally - I think Sweden, Malta and Finland are the ones I've heard about but there may be others.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance

Netflix will probably do what they've been doing, which is to upload the shows the day after they air. Currently no broadcaster in US holds the rights to air the show live.

As @Ali_ said, there's other countries that live stream the shows, although if you're looking for an English-language commentary, you'd need a VPN/someone streaming the BBC link as that's not available to those in the US.

mauve

Veteran
Top 10 from German Fanclubs - faves from EC Germany and OAGE:

EC Germany:
  1. Litauen: The Roop – Discoteque
  2. Malta: Destiny – Je Me Casse
  3. Frankreich: Barbara Pravi – Voilà
  4. Schweiz: Gjon’s Tears – Tout l’univers
  5. Island: Daði og Gagnamagnið – 10 Years
  6. Dänemark: Fyr & Flamme – Øve os på hinanden
  7. Kroatien: Albina – Tick-Tock
  8. Deutschland: Jendrik – I Don’t Feel Hate
  9. Norwegen: TIX – Fallen Angel
  10. San Marino: Senhit – Adrenalina

Complete voting:

ECG-Online-Previews-ESC-2021-Ergebnis-Uebersicht.jpg

OAGE:
  1. Schweiz: Gjon’s Tears – Tout l’univers
  2. Frankreich: Barbara Pravi – Voilà
  3. Dänemark: Fyr & Flamme – Øve os på hinanden
  4. Litauen: The Roop – Discoteque
  5. Malta: Destiny – Je Me Casse
  6. San Marino: Senhit – Adrenalina
  7. Norwegen: TIX – Fallen Angel
  8. Deutschland: Jendrik – I Don’t Feel Hate
  9. Ukraine: Go_A – SHUM
  10. Österreich – Vincent Bueno
A2DCF1D7-5643-4993-A8D4-D12BD7A8CD7A.jpeg

Source:

Last edited:

anto475

Anyone else a bit concerned about the graphics? I saw some shots of the stage, the ones they seem to be using in the shows look terrible compared to the excellent branding used on social media

theditz83

Veteran
Anyone else a bit concerned about the graphics? I saw some shots of the stage, the ones they seem to be using in the shows look terrible compared to the excellent branding used on social media
What shots are you referring to? And by graphics, do you mean superimposed graphics on the screen or ones on the LEDs?

Ezio

Veteran
Vincent Bueno in Top 10 ?! o_O

Loindici

Veteran

crashworld

Veteran
By the way, I wonder does anyone know if the artists and the delegations need to quarantine themselves when they reach Rotterdam?
I have read that it is recommended for them to be in quarantine for 5 days before departure to The Netherlands.
But I am not sure if they still need to get quarantined when they reach The Netherlands.

Given that the rehearsals are starting this weekend, if they need to be quarantined in Rotterdam again, then I presume the artists/delegation are already there?

Top Bottom